“Equal to a Motel 6”

Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Austin
“Equal to a Motel 6”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

An older hotel which states that it is recently renovated. Very small room with outside entrance. We were used to La Quinta having a large room with a sitting area. We were very disappointed. When went to get bill next morning, front desk person too busy with her paperwork....finally helped when another person finished with a phone call. We were accustomed to getting our final bill delivered to our room. Skipped breakfast and ate at a restaurant.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel and pay a little bit more!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Torey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cave Creek, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Moderate cost, room condition not so good. Wet carpet, musty odor, plumbing problems. We have stayed here before and did not experience these problems. I know they can do better. We will likely stay here again in the future but will NOT accept these room conditions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Washington, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

One person checking in, a line full of people waiting to check in, 2 people waiting to have their room keys re-programmed and the lady at the front desk is less than enthusiastic. We get to our room and they HAVE been updated and clean (bonus). Super chinchy with towels - good luck getting anymore. The WIFI is a joke. We have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones none of which can pick up their "password free internet". I called down to the front desk to ask if they were having problems with the wifi, she tells me that she has checked with her "tech-support" and they are fine on their end. When I asked if other people were having problems, she said "yes they are " ?? All the while her the land line was cutting out. If your just passing through to catch some zzzzz's it will do. If you expect customer service then turn and run. For $94 bucks a night I do some expectations.

Stayed July 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had some issues with my room. It seems the previous guest had created some smell that we couldn't get rid of. Even though the front desk had no help, she came up, tried to resolve the issue and then helped me move my stuff to a new room. The general manager was also nice, apologetic and gave me bonus points for my inconvenience. Also, this hotel is directly across the street from a police station which is a nice security boost.

Room Tip: Better to have an interior room vs one along the perimeter where you have to travel outside to get t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank nstarsfan
Grants, New Mexico
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here for business. The front desk clerk at check in was very nice and I was checked in very quickly. (very nice after a long day) The room was very clean and very nice. I stayed on the ground floor facing the mall. The room was quiet, comfortable and spacious. The front desk clerk at check out was just as friendly and just as quick. Overall I do not have a single complaint about this stay and would not hesitate to take my family to this hotel! Outstanding.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor facing the mall and it was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Craig V
Portales, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The employees & management are always friendly & ready to help. The Santa Fe hotel has been remodeled in the last few months & looks great. The breakfast is nice & has a small variety. I enjoy staying here because it is easy access, restaurants are close & shopping is in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank Trish F
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Calling at the last minute, La Quinta accommodated my two small dogs and myself at a very reasonable price (and the bonus was no extra fees for the dogs). When I asked for a ground-level room, I was told "no problem" and was immediately taken care of. The room was clean, bed was comfortable with nice linens and coverings. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable - especially about folks traveling with pets in the summer. When I asked for recommendations of restaurants that delivered, the gentleman gave me two menus. I ordered from the pizza restaurant and the food was very good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, ask for a ground floor room. You'll park directly in front of the room f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo