“Nice Place - Great Waffles!!!”

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #7 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
San Diego
“Nice Place - Great Waffles!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2007

My family and I had a very pleasent stay at Las Palomas in March, 2007. The manager and staff were very friendly and accomodating. The room had everything you could ask for and was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast featured made to order waffles and gourmet coffee. It was THE BEST hotel breakfast I have ever had! Thank you again Las Palomas!

John
San Diego

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank 1mrblonde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2007

Travelling on our way back to Australia, we wanted to stay a few days in a Santa Fe style inn rather than a large hotel and this certainly filled the brief.

Pluses: great position, walked to the Plaza for dinner each night.
Cosy warm room, great pillows, lovely Santa Fe style inside and out. Very good complimentary breakfast, easy parking. There seem to be a few Las Palomas buildings scattered in the neighbourhood, but ours was next to the parking lot and breakfast room, conveniently placed.
A few minuses:
rooms: poor soundproofing between rooms, we heard fans next door and downstairs at night, no wifi in room, a few shelves for unpacking but no drawers and our room was quite small.
Bathroom: sink and tap design very smart, but faucet in the way!
Poor water pressure in shower.

On the whole we enjoyed our stay immensely and would return to Los Palomas.

We loved Santa Fe, easy to get around, safe and interesting. Wondeful food at the Shed, great outlet centre, and the museum of New Mexico is a must see. Wonderful people!

• Liked — position and design
  • Disliked — lack of good soundproofing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, AR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2007

This property is for the fully able-bodied only. Unless you want to DRIVE your loved one to breakfast everyday, this is not good for handicapped people. We had booked two rooms for our party and both had a step involved either in entering the room or going to the bath - even though a woman at Hotels.com called for me and asked about accessibility. The touted lobby is in a complete other building so my husband was never able to get there. The rooms vary greatly with one of ours well-appointed and the other lacking in storage, hanging space, luggage racks, etc. The main front desk guy had to be strongly encouraged before williing to help you in any way

• Liked — quaint
  • Disliked — accessibility
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ARTravelinsue
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2007

We are sitting in Casita #30 as I write this. My husband, 8 year-old son, Amazon Parrot and I are really loving this little place!

The building's style and decor are simple, yet very pretty and keeping with the Santa Fe stlye.

The living area is very comfortable and inviting with a leather chair and hide-a-bed couch where my son slept comfortably. There is a gas fireplace, and I love the painted concrete floors that remind me of Mexico. There is a small outdoor deck off of the living room.

We have a small practical kitchen area complete with a microwave, small fridge, two burner electric stove, sink, utensils, tableware and small eating area.

The bathroom is roomy and clean with plenty of towels.

My husband and I slept well in the bedroom. The bed was comfortable, although the mattress in this particular Casita could stand to be replaced. The pillows are heavenly soft and firm at the same time.

The complimentary breakfast in the lobby was delicious. My husband and I had Belgian waffles and coffee while my son had cereal, yogurt and juice. They also offered granola, fruit, raisin bread, bagels, and hardboiled eggs.

Outdoor common areas are well kept with plenty of places to sit and pretty gas lit lanterns.

The Plaza is within walking distance, it only took us about 10 minutes to the center of the Plaza.

Last night we ate dinner at The Shed on Palace Street. We had enchiladas, green chili soup, chips with salsa and guacamole, and my son had a bean burrito. The food was excellent although the red sauce is a bit spicy. Have something to drink on hand if you can't handle spicy sauce!

We have two nights left in this beautiful little place and we love everything about it. I don't have anything negative to say and we will definitely visit Las Palomas again!

• Liked — Solitude, quiet, comfortable, pretty, friendly...feels like nobody can find us! :)
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank Danielle W
tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

I called direct for the "best suite". I got number 11. It's the farthest thing in the back you could possible have. The rain came in under the door. The bed was a rock. The floor sloped and I slipped on smooth angled floor. Do yourself a favor and call the 'Hotel Real'. Cheaper and a lot better. This place was top dollar, bottom facilties. Their website wokrs wonders for them. The internet serivce outlet was behind the bed. No wifi as told. Had to move furntiure to get to it. Literally. The countertop tiles was broken and fallen off. There were stains on the curtains and the bed spread. My wife pull it off the bed. They said they were full. One building had no one in the parking lot. I saw empty rooms that night with lights on, curtains open and NO one there! We left after one night. Move to Hotel Real and was elated there! Email garobison@comcast.net for pictures. They will speak for themselves. The court yard they show is the only space like that and best place on the property. But never found it.

• Liked — The age of the place
  • Disliked — small, and very disceptive.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wildcatgary
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

This was the second time I have stayed at Las Palomas during my trips to Santa Fe. I would never even think of staying somewhere else. I loved it the first time I stayed and it was better the second time I stayed. All the rooms I've stayed in and seen are very clean, including this stay. Our room had an Amazing king size bed, great wood buring fire place, and a wonderful front desk staff. Throughout our stay the general manager went out of his way to make sure all of our needs or wants were satisfied. This hotel is a gem in the heart of Santa Fe. If you want a comfortable, clean, and an authentic Santa Fe experience with great service, this is the place for you. Thanks again to the manager and staff of Las Palomas for making our second stay so enjoyable.

• Liked — The wonderful service of the management and staff
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple