“Relaxing stay in Santa Fe!”

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #7 of 37 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2013

For our latest trip to Santa Fe, I relied on my old friend, Priceline. I was slightly shocked to receive this hotel, normally I score Inn of the Governors. I immediately checked the reviews on Trip Advisor and had some trepidation.

I called the hotel early to try to confirm a room with two beds and was told I could only have a room with two twin beds. Strange. When I told the hotel representative that I would be traveling with my husband and my daughter, I was informed that Priceline only ever guaranteed rooms for 2 adults. I informed her that I have used Priceline since 2001 and the I have never encountered this problem. My daughter is too young to have a room of her own legally. Our conversation ended abruptly and I was now slightly worried about this trip!

My worries were not warranted at all! When we arrived at the hotel early, 1pm, I asked if we could check in early and was told that I could and that since the 3rd person in the room was my child that we would be granted an upgrade. We were given a 'suite.' Our room had a very roomy bed with a great mattress. Our daughter had a pull-out bed in the couch in the living room.

The rooms were very clean. The small kitchen area was OK. It was great to have a fridge and basic supplies to heat up leftovers and such. The bathroom was adequate, the counter space was very small. The cleanliness of the drawers beside the sink area did concern me and we kept our toiletries in our toiletry bags. I will be honest and note that the cleanliness of the room declined over the four days we stayed, by the last day you could tell that the dusting and the like were not getting done. You are staying in an older building, and dust is everywhere. For example, the window in the bathroom and its shade were very dirty by the end of the stay.

The room is a bit 'tired.' I was VERY happy with this room at the price point that I bid for, if I had paid what they advertised the room for - I would be disappointed and would expect a bit more up-dates. (For example, the wifi was spotty at best, the toiletries provided the first day were never replaced, the baseboards were dirty from the beginning, and the towels were not very luxurious, and towels were not changed out the last two days and the face clothes were not replaced.)

The front desk service is very good. For example, I was loaned two locks for use at Ojo Caliente (a mineral spa) and that saved me some money.

The hotel is a very quick walk from the Plaza and the neighborhood is just fine. (Some of the reviews talked about a 'bad' neighborhood.) There was plenty of parking and we drive a very large pick-up truck.

I was very pleased with this hotel at the price I paid, but if I had paid $189 as quoted via the front desk, there are other hotels that I would prefer (Inn of the Governors, for example - they have a pool and reliable wifi.)

The included breakfast is more than adequate and the coffee is good!

Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JAJenkins
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and apologies for some of those oversights which are certainly not acceptable.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our 4th time to Las Palomas. The manager gave us the room we stayed in our first time several years ago. We loved the room and the welcome gifts for our dogs was much appreciated. We come to Santa Fe often and definitely appreciate the downtown location and the great breakfast. We can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: every room is unique and we have loved every room we have had.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

And we can’t wait for your to come back again! Many thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Once again I was overwhelmed by the personalized support received by the staff of the Los Palomas Inn in Santa Fe NM. My wife and I made last minute plans to visit Santa Fe and unfortunately it was during a very busy weekend. All of the rooms at the Las Palomas, where we love to stay, were booked. However, Tina said she would advise us should a room become available due to a cancellation. Sure enough, at the last minute we were able to get a room due to the excellent service and caring attitude of Tina who works reservations. Los Palomas rocks and it is definitely the best value for the money in the heart of Santa Fe. Great rooms, super breakfast, location and outstanding staff make it our place of choice whenever we visit Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Just explain your needs to the staff and you will have the option from a one bedroom casita to a thr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so very much for your words of encouragement which are greatly appreciated. Please come back soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was very disappointed with the service. The room was dirty and dingy. I asked for a receipt and no one would provide it. I would not recommend this hotel. The food was okay. It was within walking distance to the main city center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karin N

Sorry to learn you were disappointed when so many others enjoy their stay!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Las Palomas is actually made up of several multi-unit buildings scattered over a couple of blocks, each one of which is nestled privately behind adobe outer walls. Each room we've seen has had either a small fireplace or a kiva, although we've stayed in the summer and they weren't needed. The rooms have character, which is to say they are not cookie cutter chain hotel rooms with everything exactly as it was in the last hotel you were in. That was fine with us. The bed was big and comfortable, and everything was perfectly clean, if not "modern". Our room had a private patio that was perfect for our dogs, and for sitting in in the evening playing the beautiful wooden flute I bought downtown at Native Sounds (on the Alameda, don't miss it if you love traditional instruments. The owner, Sky Redhawk, is a wonderful storyteller). It is a 10-15 minute walk (maximum) straight up San Francisco St to the Plaza, or walk a block over to the Alameda and it's about 15 minutes to Canyon St where the art galleries are. Very convenient. The restaurant serves made to order omeletes and waffles in the morning, in a dining room that has a tree growing in the middle of i!. Yes, we did have to cross the street to get to it, but that really didn't trouble us.
This is also a very dog freindly place, and our pups were each given a goodie bag with a tennis ball and milk bones. We love staying in Santa Fe on road trips throught he southwest, and would not stay anyplace but Las Palomas.

Room Tip: Each room is different. Discuss your wants/needs when reserving a room so the staff can help you se...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and hope that you are also still enjoying your flute

Reviewed July 11, 2013

After a long drive from the Grand Canyon, this Inn was just the ticket. Having been to Santa Fe many times, I had yet to stay at Las Palomas and was certainly not disappointed. We had reserved a Fireplace Studio but was complimentary upgraded upon our arrival. The setting was private, furniture comfortable and the unit was unique. Having stayed at the Eldorado a few times, you get what you pay for at both. The Eldorado and La Fonda are super nice hotels with super high prices and pretentious attitudes. Las Palomas is where I will stay in Santa Fe from now on. The staff was super friendly and they have free parking for guests. (They even let me keep my car parked there after I checked out). Anyone passing through Santa Fe or coming for vacation will find this spot to be comforting. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Settimo_82

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to take care of you and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed yourselves. Please come back a second time!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I reserved a "studio with fireplace." The first room smelled like a latrine/urine, and the microwave and refrigerator were in the bathroom. I asked to be moved, and they put me in a very tiny room. At least the fridge was in the closet instead of the bathroom. There was no desk or writing area, nor paper/pen. The bed was small. The "fireplace" was 1'x2', in the corner of the room. The whole place seemed to be in disrepair, especially the very outdated bathroom. The rooms I saw do not look anything like the ones online. Also, be aware that this is a "motel," and you may have to walk a ways (across the street and down the block) to get to your car and/or the front lobby. On a good note, the breakfast is made to order. You just need to be aware that you can end up in the worst room in the place.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure you will have a room with a real fireplace and that the refrigerator/microwa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

We are indeed an old historic inn in an old historic district, but rest assured that all room types are displayed on our website. Sorry to learn you did not enjoy yourself!