“Hilton in Santa Fe” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
kingston, Canada
“Hilton in Santa Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Wonderfully designed lobby in New Mexico style. Friendly staff. Wonderfully designed rooms also in Mexico stile. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Outside pool, hot tub and fireplace. Great senior's rate. Very good value for money. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Helena L
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for all of your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed the new decor and the Staff at the Hotel. We look foward to hosting you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I throughly enjoyed staying here for a quick weekend in Santa Fe. The location is great and the service at the hotel was very good. The rooms are decorated in modern, spanish colonial and are very comfortable. The linens are fresh and crisp and the toiletry items are premium. I will stay here again on future trips to Santa Fe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank LucyLeo50
thank you so much for all of your comments. We look foward to yoru return visit.
Stamford, Ct.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I want to thank Perry Redondo at the front desk for making my stay at the hotel such a wonderful one. From the moment I walked in I could feel my luck changing.
I had the unpleasant experience of watching my flight leave the Dallas airport without me because of delay in New York and having to spend Valentines Day alone but that was soon forgotten when I walked into the lobby and had Perry greet me with such a smile and willingness to make my stay one I would not forget. From the location of the hotel, to the wonderful brunch offered and the hospitality room I was treated like a queen.
I will certainly return and tell my friends of this wonderful place to stay!

Thanks to a hotel that certainly knows how to get the right people to work for them.

Thanks
Perry

Junerose Conlin and Maryjo

Room Tip: We were on the first floor where we could walk out of our room to the pool. It was great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel staff . We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Santa Fe, NM, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The best part of Hilton Santa Fe is location. It is located in historic Santa Fe. All the key places are walking distance. Accommodation was neat and beautiful but some room(s) were not quite due to defective soundproofing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you were able to walk to your destinations. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Like the new room make overs, it has needed it for some time. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant is great. I like that the new parking gate has been installed to only allow guest to park in the lot. Rooms and bathroom are spacious. Only negative was that my mini fridge would not get cold, it actually warmed up the drinks.....Within walking distance to the convention center and the plaza area. Front desk staff was polite and quick upon check-in with no issues. BIG fireplace in the lobby to warm up with because there is always a draft coming in from the front doors opening and closing.
I like this Hilton, and will return without question.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are actually on the same level as the lobby, meeting rooms, restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel and that you were able to walk to your destinations. We did just complete a guest room renovation last Winter and now have wonderful new guest rooms to share with all of our future Guests. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I loved this Hilton property, it's decor, location and amenities. Terrible housekeeping made this the dirtiest Hilton property I have ever stayed at.

It was a bizarre experience. At 9:30PM, 3 or so housekeeping staff changed to their normal clothes and came and sat down in front of the fireplace in the downstairs lounge. The dirty carpet and floors didn't get their attention.

The ground floor has a function room and gets heavy foot traffic. Instead of cleaning the floors and carpets again- it remained dirty. With the maids relaxing.

The hallway outside my room was dirty with fast food wrappers still in my room.

Your quality control is terrible!

At checkin I was first given a room that wasn't cleaned with beds stripped and trash in the room. I went down to change rooms. That was a first.

Step up your game. Organize your staff. I emailed the manager on 11 February and as I got no response I decided to Tripadvisor my stay.

Next time don't expect me to vacuum your hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
My most sincere apologies ... I cannot explain the condition you described nor the conduct of the hotel team on February 11th. I trust your observation are accurate and I will address this with our team. This is not the hotel we operate and am deeply concerned that your observation vary so dramatically from our standard reviews and observations from our guests. Please trust me when I say ...I will address your concerns very seriously.
Riverside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was an amazing place to stay. It is built into the historic compound of the Ortiz family (dating from 1600's) and a fountain in the courtyard is the site the family well. The corner bar and grill was exceptional--with a fireplace that was always going during the snowy weather during my stay. The sandwich buffet at lunch was wonderful--don't tell my mom that the sliced turkey breast was even better than she cooks--and dinner off the menu was also very good and reasonably priced. Lunch was wonderful--members of the community from children and policeman to business men and women that were clearly long time friends dropped in for a bite--I felt a part of it. The service from the front desk was wonderful--don't miss the apple cider. The decor was a wonderful mix of old world and modern convenience. I love the old style corner Spanish sofa in the room. Continental breakfast included salmon and boiled eggs besides all the other wonderful things you would expect and for two dollars more you get eggs, potatoes sausage and bacon if you want something heavier. A few minutes walk to the historic center of town or the convention center. If you are flying in and out of Santa Fe check at the desk and they will help you book the shuttle for the airport in Santa Fe or Albuquerque (1 hr away) as it seems there is only one taxi cab in town so you won't want to miss that shuttle. Certainly one of the most inspiring Hilton's I have ever visited (and i have visited several) and an absolutely wonderful place to stay if you are in Santa Fe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. We are very proud of our Buildings Heritage as well as that of our City. We have just completed our guest room renovations this last Winter and now have wonderful new guest rooms to share with all of our future Guests. . I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel and our restaurants. We have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future