“Great location”

Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Texas
“Great location”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is an excellent location. Two blocks from plaza. Extremely friendly staff. Great rooms. Highly recommend this hotel. Staff makes excellent recommendations for restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are great size. Plenty of lighting and what is very important to women, the bathroom has excellent lighting. Only drawback is that the only mirror in the room is in the bathroom. This was our third trip to Santa Fe and first time at this hotel. We will most likely return to Santa Fe and definitely to this hotel. Hotel is easy to find location. Pool area has a beautiful fireplace lighted up in the evenings.
Well I need to use 200 characters do I might go off the subject. Drove 17 hours to attend Albuquerque Balloon Festival which was a disappointment. Way too much traffic coming in from Santa Fe and no one to direct traffic.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank iseldagg
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel and that you were able to walk to your destinations. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
Alameda, CA, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Less than ideal, Desk staff seemed clueless as to how an HGV Elite member should be greeted and treated. Had to ask specifically for benefits which should have been accorded on check-in. Detected a bit of attitude when I asked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Donald C
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have the highest status with Hilton hotels and booked a reward stay four months ago. When I arrived at the hotel after a five hour drive (long day of site seeing) I was told that there was an issue with my reservation aka they have it to someone else!! They proceeded to tell me they had a room for me across the street, free of charge. After 14 phone calls they finally found me a room! What a joke, I had been looking forward to my Santa Fe trip. Thanks for making it something I won't forget Hilton........

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Morg85
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I very much appreciate your business and apologize for the poor service.

It is never our intention to overbook the hotel but I would be less than honest if I told you that it does not happen from time to time. Guests who extend their stays, guests who do not cancel reservations, last minute changes ...etc. Both the Hotel and airline industries struggle with this challenge and we do not always make the right discussion.

We do our very best to mitigate the terrible inconvenience by finding a comparable hotel, close to ours.. and arrange to pay the full room and tax for our guest. For multiple night stays ..we always invite the guest back and try to make the experience as special as possible. But nothing really makes up the inconvenience.

Again I am deeply sorry for this ... and please accept our apologies.
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Service was atrocious and the only reason they received poor and not terrible is that the location is very convenient. Staff was uninformed and unhelpful. In some cases even surly. Rooms are decent and location is very convenient for exploring the square

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank MKP2
As General Manager, I deeply appreciate your feedback…and thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. Although I am disappointed that we failed you, we will take your comments very seriously and strive to improve our service and facilities.

I do hope you will give us another chance.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel! From the moment we arrived the bell man was very helpful! The banquet manager and all the banquet people were amazing! Wonderful rooms excellent place to stay! The rooms are very nice and clean the beds are comfortable. The only complaint I have is the parking. Every time we left the hotel we had to pay $8.50 for parking.

Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Brekarjen
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. We have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future
Sheffield
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Well located for central Santa Fe and its restaurants and very touristy shops. Nice rooms, if a bit gloomy (mostly brown decor in rooms and corridors). Very comfortable beds and bedding. Bathroom had a large shower but no bath. Standard Hilton breakfast. Erratic wifi signal. Good if odd air conditioning which sometimes sounded like Darth Veda. Lovely outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Friendly staff. Self car parking $17 per day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Tiptoptraveller
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location is great --- not too far from the historical plaza and not too far from good restaurants nearby. Check-in staff was friendly, and the bartender was attentive.

Rooms are very good, and my king-size bed was comfortable. It was really a very good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank nuboy
Thank you so much for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the staff and that you were able to walk to your destinations. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.