“Hilton at Santa Fe”

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is located in old Santa Fe and is in close walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and points of interest. The hotel has a great restaurant and staff. Our room was clean and very comfortable. We asked staff for points of interest and directions and they were very helpful. I will stay here the next time I am in Santa Fe.

3  Thank John H
There are newer reviews for Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel looks very appealing, outside and in. It has very friendly, professional and accommodating staff, and spacious, well-maintained rooms. The location is good, less than five minutes walk from shopping and restaurants in the historic center of Santa Fe. The not-so-good parts: I've never stayed in a room where the water pipes and the a/c were as loud as they were here. I was only able to sleep thanks to my excellent ear plugs. Lunch at the restaurant was a disappointment: the soup was cold and the sandwich tasteless. The hotel shop was under renovation and there were no vending machines so no way to buy a snack though the reception was kind enough to give me a bottle of water. I'd probably look for a different place if I come back to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank melbguy
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I am sorry that the hotels services did not meet your expecations .. we have taken your comments to heart and will adjust our operations accordingly. I do hope you will give us another try when you are next in Santa Fe. The Hilton is always looking for ways to improve and comments like yours are very helpful

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at hotel in May 2013
Pros - this hotel is located at the start of the historic plaza near all the shops, restaurants, the one theatre, museums, etc. 3-stories, elevator, bar, restaurant, outdoor pool, etc.
Cons - since there is little to do in the historic plaza we wanted to rent a movie on the TV. Not available. Wanted to save our receipts in an envelope. Not available in our room or at the desk. No matter what temp you set the room at, it will be whatever the hotel wants it to be. The beds come with a very heavy comforter (at least in May) which is very uncomfortable to sleep with.
Room rate does not include breakfast but there is a Starbucks 2 blocks away

Room Tip: Choose poolview which is quiet.
2  Thank Snookie709
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great access to the historic district; within walking distance. Plan on eatting out for breakfast at one of the local resturants. The dinning experience at the hotel resturant was cold and for the price you get a better deal at a resturant.

2  Thank mdj5038

Thank you for your comments ... we have changed our menus and I think you will like some of the new items and regional favorites we have added

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently. They are renovating the facilities, including the pool and business center. It should be nice once completed but a little inconvenient right now when needing these services. My room was renovated and included an updated bathroom. Very nice. Beds very comfortable. Highly recommend but won't return until renovations are completed/

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dawn S

Thank you ... we look forward to your next stay! It looks like its going to be a great summer here in Santa Fe

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I collect points from the HIlton group of hotels, and I travel a lot on business, so this was my first choice for a business trip to Santa Fe. Although I had a rough start to my trip (Hertz lost my rental reservation, taxi cost $50 because they didn't offer the shorter route), the staff here was friendly and helpful, and very patient with all of my questions about the local sightseeing. When I had to leave early (to go home early for an emergency root canal!) the staff was very accomodating. My room facing the inner courtyard/pool was very quiet and I slept well. Within close walking distance to the historic plaza.

Room Tip: Request room facing inner courtyard/pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LuanaRubin

Thanks for the great comments ... the new rooms have all new windows and we have got alot of great comments on how the outside noise has been reduced greatly. Thank you again and please visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Excellent hotel, great room and great staff close to historic downtown Santa Fe. The decor was up to date and very comfortable. The bar was cozy and friendly. We were able to walk to the plaza area, train station/market area. The hotel was close to several great restaurants. Definitely a grat place to stay in Santa Fe!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends