“Comfortable and stylish hotel with lots of amenities. Before booking ask if construction etc. is going on.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Burlingame
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had a great stay in this hotel, unfortunately there was construction going on so the pool was closed and there was some noise during the day.
The bathrooms are great but the hotel walls are quite thin, you hear every noise your neighbors make.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveltobbi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel has just completed a major refresh of it's rooms- which rival the best rooms of any hotel anywhere. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Santa Fe- easily walkable to the historic plaza. The hotel itself is historic and and that is truly special for a destination already steeped in so much history. I have experienced many hotels around the area and the "new" Hilton is by far the best- location, value, quality and a beautiful, comfortable room. Thank you for an exceptional stay!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Richard R
Marcella-Vega, Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are very proud of our Buildings Heritage as well as that of our City. Our hotel is built on the foundations of the Ortiz family’s Hacienda, originally built in the sixteen hundreds, and home to one of Santa Fe’s first families. Although we have remodeled all the rooms we worked hard to maintain the historic nature of our property We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Sincerely
Marcella C Vega
Front Office Manager
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in November. The hotel is in a good location. Sure, you may have to walk a few blocks to get to the sites, but it's good excercise and pretty views. I thought the room was relatively quiet and bathroom was very big and clean. The bartender and dinner staff were pretty cool and would share some interesting stories about Santa Fe life. Finally, I was lucky to have the firepit to myself during my 4 day staff in the evenings. I would smoke a cigar, have a few select beverages, and have nice conversations with other guests. The people were really friendly. One even bought me a bottle of wine! The hotel staff were good about looking the other way when they saw our wine glasses. I thinlk that they appreciated that we were not rowdy teenagers looking to get wasted, but were adults who were having a pleasant time being responsible customers and enjoying each other's company.

The service was fair. No one went out of their way to make this stay an eperience. I paid them my money and they did the least that was expected. I was also disappointed in the breakfast items. It wasn't very good, and it was overpriced. The service of the breakfast staff was lacking.Finally, I think it was just remodeled, but it looked like it was still stuck in 1978.

I would stay here again. I am an Hilton Honors member and I do collect points. I usually stay at a Hilton hotels 45-60 nights out of the year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David A
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments … and the service remarks will be taken to heart. I am glad you enjoyed the pool side fireplace and the room renovation. We look forward to your next visit.

Christopher
Huron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Awesome location close to everything in downtown, very clean and super comfortable beds....
Coffee pot in rooms could be better, but overall great place to stay. We did not use the pool or spa or gym but the staff are extremely helpful and the rooms are spacious. Internet access a bit of an issue but the front desk staff resolved it quickly. Will recommend this hotel and stay there again if chance arises.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SabBrown50
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments ... we do look forward to your next visit!
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel has a great location, being within easy walking distance of the plaza, museums, restaurants. There is plenty of parking which is very handy this close to the plaza, as well. The public spaces (lobby, restaurant, workout facility) are very nicely decorated and pleasant. The rooms are large, but ours was rather dark. The hotel had more of a "motel" feel on the wing with the rooms, possibly as a result of the height restrictions in Santa Fe. Our room had a partial view of an unremarkable courtyard. It was quiet. I would stay here again in comparison to La Fonda, which had much smaller rooms when I stayed there (years ago).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kyoto5301
Lubbock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Desk clerk was rude and condescending -- apparently thinks his generation is the only one that understands the nuances of key cards and technology. He needs training on customer service and how to interact with customers who experience problems with the hotel's service. "It's not my fault" does not solve the problem and conveys to the customer that they are on their own. I don't care if Mr Hilton himself is working the desk -- know your job and how to relate to customer issues.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about renovation. Otherwise, expect a hike from the lower numbered rooms to the lobby...