“Terrific location mostly good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eldorado Hotel & Spa

Eldorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Terrific location mostly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was joining a friend to go to the Indian Market. I arrived before my friend and found that my friend did not put my name on the reservation. The desk clerk would not let me go to the room which I understood but she was questioning and confrontational. My friend came later and felt she was being admonished for the oversight. I can accept any rule but I want to be treated nicely.
The rest of our stay was fine. The room was nice and the beds were very comfortable.
We had a lunch and went for drinks and dessert at another juncture. The bar lets you take your cocktail outside to sit at designated tables. The food was ok but the location was terrific.

Room Tip: Our room was fine and I assume that they are all about the same.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Susan B
Samantha I, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I want to apologize for the tone of delivery you and your friend received by our Front Desk Agent with regard to your reservation. Guests always come first and should never receive anything less than first class treatment. I am pleased to hear that despite this incident, you did enjoy your stay. Please do come back again.

Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Warsaw, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night, as we were passing thru Santa Fe. The lobby was ok, but nothing too fancy. Our room is ok, the carpet was worn thread bare in one area...certainly not what you expect for the price tag. We did have a small balcony where you could see the sunset. Overall, I would say it reminded us of a holiday inn with a ritz carlton price tag. We would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
11 Thank summerw420
Samantha I, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Summerw420,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your stay. We are gearing up for large renovations, including all guest rooms, lobby and common areas. Please do come back and give us another chance.

Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Rooms are big and very nicely decorated. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. I'm allergic to feathers, the staff came and changed out my bed linens right away. So, if you love feather pillows and a big fluffy down comforter the room will make you very happy. The only complaint I have was my room was not cleaned very well on my 2nd day, floors needed swept & shower door was dirty. Not that I do either daily at my own home!

I was here for a conference, the food served was very good. The gallery room was nice.

Yes I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MyAkitaBear
Dear MyAkitaBear,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am pleased to hear our staff was accommodating and friendly. However, I apologize that your guest room was not properly cleaned on the second day. I will be sure to alert our Housekeeping staff to be more diligent in the cleanliness of our property. Should future travels bring you back to Santa Fe, please do come back.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Last month was my first time to stay at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa. The hotel felt fresh and renovated, staff was friendly and the location is nearly as good as two other hotels which are only slightly closer to the main Plaza the focal point of the city.

What wasn't okay? The staff was new, evidently due to an ownership change and unfamiliar with procedures at the front desk. Their very positive, and friendly, attitude offset the shortcomings of the obvious lack of training. When asked to see the manager for clarification on a refund for overpayment I was told they didn't have a manager which I believe was true. For Santa Fe, the $24.00 daily parking fee seemed excessive.

Why did I give them an excellent rating? Because the room was excellent, public areas spotless and a pleasant staff.

Would I return? Absolutely

Room Tip: East facing rooms would be most desirable if on higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank ALAMOSMEXICO
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear ALAMOSMEXICO,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that the hotel felt fresh and renovated. We will be continuing to renovate the hotel this fall and winter to also include the rooms. I am also glad to hear about the attitude of the staff. I am sorry to hear that nobody was available to assist you with the over payment. I hope that this has been resolved. If this issue is still outstanding please call me directly at 505 995 4522 so that I may take care of the issue. I hope to personally welcome you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa and Heritage Hotels in the not so distant future.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This spa was friendly and not snooty as many I have found in my travels. From the minute I made my appointment, to walking through the door, I felt welcomed and immediately began to relax. The facilities are beautiful, well organized and again, providing a very peaceful environment.

I treated myself to a hot stone, deep tissue massage, that I believe was the best I have ever had. My therapist, Keith was very professional and attentive to my concerns of painful areas that needed "work". He did a great job!

My only regret is that I live on the East Coast, otherwise I would be here once a week!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Condocat
Lisa D, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so glad we met all your expectations. Keith is a wonderful therapist and I will be sure to share your review with him. Please visit us again next time you are in New Mexico!
Lisa Downey
Spa Director @ Nidah Spa
Eldorado Hotel and Spa
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Eldorado Hotel is a very updated and excellent hotel. Check in process was very easy, they have a parking garage for your car and room service was very good. All around, I was very satisfied with my stay. Wifi in the room worked very well.

My only criticism was that the business center was not working. I tried both computers and could not login. The staff tried to help me, but there wasn't much they could do. At any hotel, it is tough to rely on a business center and was able to meet my needs elsewhere. The staff were very friendly and helpful and did offer to print out something if possible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Thomasby,
Thank you for tasking the time to review us. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting Santa Fe. I apologize for the issues in the business center. We will be switching out all the equipment and will be upgrading our services for all of our guests here shortly.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is an older hotel (as most are in the downtown area of Santa Fe). At check in, I waited quite a while in line while one person was helping the family before me. There were 2-3 other staff milling around, but no one offered to check me in. The hotel also charges $24 for parking (in comparison, La Fonda charges $15 for parking). You can park across the street in a parking garage for a little less. The lobby is pretty but does not reflect the quality of the rooms. The rooms were OK, maybe something like a La Quinta. The room we had was dark and overlooked the roof. The bathroom was nothing special and the shower seemed to be an insert which is built over an existing shower. Its not what you would expect for nearly $300/night. The one positive thing I can say about this is room is that the bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed being only a block or two from downtown which is why I believe the hotel can charge the amount of money it does. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank kamjan
Dear kamjam,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding the Eldorado Hotel and Spa. I am sorry that you concerns with your experience with us. We will be addressing a lot of your concerns in our upcoming renovations to our guest rooms and public areas. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay with us. My direct number at the hotel is 505 995-4522. My hope is that you will give us another chance so that we may provide you with the level of service that you expect from a hotel like ours.