“Nice Place for Business”

Eldorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Good attention on check in, received room quickly even though I was early. The room was comfortable and quiet, and very convenient to the various spots in the old downtown area. The valet and front desk staff were very friendly and quick to help. While I did not ask directly, the Concierge personnel were great at recommending short trips and places to see (I listened to them while waiting for my room to become available). We ate a buffet salad lunch as a business group that was outstanding, as were the provided snacks during meetings and at cocktail functions. I did not ask for much help, but this hotel seems to be well run and customer-centric.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #463 and could smell a slight cigarette smoke odor in the bathroom. The view was n...
2  Thank James T
SFDap, Director of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear James T,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your business trip to Santa Fe. I am glad that the staff were helpful and were able answer any questions you might have had during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe and the city different.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for several days before, and including, Mothers Day this year. Having stayed next door at the Hilton for a day before my stay at Eldorado, I must say I was disappointed in the change. The Hilton is rates 3.5 stars whereas the Eldorado is rated 4, so I expected a slightly better experience, but I was surprised to find several downgrades in amenities. 1st, the Eldorado "Deluxe King" bathroom was very small. 1/2 the size of the Hilton. Also, the TV was 1/3 the size of the Hilton...the smallest I have seen in a hotel in years. The A/C didn't work very well, and the TV had a very poor picture, despite requesting repair by engineering. For almost $200/night, and 4 stars, I expected much better from the El Dorado.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Bill W

Dear Bill W,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the issues you have mentioned regarding the clarity of the TV and the AC issues with our engineering department. I hope that when you return to Santa Fe that you give us another opportunity so that we can provide you with the level of service you would expect to receive from the Eldorado Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was here for a convention. I grew to love the art and the decorations that made this resort feel so warm. The staff really is their best point though, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful! The rooms had everything you would need and very comfy beds. Extremely clean as well. Nice size resort as well, and very easy to find your way around. The food was good that was served to us in the banquet rooms. I would recommend to everyone.

1  Thank nesann

Dear Nesann,

Thank for taking the time to review us TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you found the hotel of choice for any future visits to Santa Fe. I have shared your kind words about the staff with the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado and Santa Fe on your next visit.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I don't stay in luxury hotels usually, but was here for a conference and stayed on a couple of days with family. The concierge was SO helpful, friendly and knowledgeable--she helped us plan great day trips to Shidoni Foundry and Art gallery, and Bandolier Nat. park, etc., and get reservations a good restaurants; all the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful.
The valet parking was a little weird--the valets were great and helpful, but nice to have more access to your own car? But parking in this town is tough, so nice amenity.
I SO appreciated free wireless. There is nothing worse than paying a lot for a business hotel room and then being nickle-and-dimed to pay for internet access, which is essential. So keep up free wireless!
Great location, nice building, clean, beds were comfy. Nice to be able to open windows.
Didn't have breakfast here--went to fabulous French Bakery in La Fonda Hotel, short walk to other side of plaza--stunning croissants and pastries and great coffee.

Room Tip: The deluxe double is a double bed, not queen sized. But beds were super-comfy, so it didn't seem...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Please keep us in mind should you be in Santa Fe as we would love to make an even bigger impression on you.
Gabe

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rocked up not pre-booked. Got 2 rooms at discounted rates :-)
Staff couldn't be more helpful. Bar & restaurant serve quality wines, beer and the aged steak was awesome. Fine selection of beers & wine. Caution, as the restaurant menu is reduced somewhat in choice on a Sunday. Enjoyed our stay. Recommend the hotel.....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ozdivergt

It was our pleasure to host you and your colleague while making your way through the United States. We were lucky to have had to opportunity to have had international guests from Australia choose our hotel and make such an impression.
We hope you enjoy the remainder of your tour and find similar accommodations.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The El Dorado is beautiful, the staff is superb, and the location is perfect - two blocks from the Plaza, an easy walk to Casa Chimayo Restaurant, and a brisk walk to the Railyard District. The staff is friendly, the concierges extremely knowledgeable, and the restaurants are fun and delicious. The artwork, curated by Bobby Beals, reflects Southwest themes and artists. All-in-all, the El Dorado is a great base from which to explore the beauty of Santa Fe and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelImagery

We always look forward to such wonderful reviews and we appreciate your feedback as it provides us with the opportunity to improve on what we are doing well.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Since I was in town for a conference, I didn't really have a choice on where to stay; I needed to stay at where the conference was being held. I was pleasantly surprised by the El Dorado. The one & only complaint I have is that my bathroom wasn't very clean. It looked like someone had trimmed their beard & house keeping had not wiped it all up. The have small glass dishes in the room with soaps, shower stuff, shower cap...stuff like that. This is where I noticed all these little cut hairs. So I wiped everything down, which didn't make me super happy since I had gotten in kind of late due to some plane issues. When I showered in morning, I saw more of the same cut hairs in the shower, so I had to clean that out before showering. I didn't have house keeping clean again, so I'm not sure about their cleaning during the stay. When I travel for just a couple days, I tend to not have house keeping come into my room. Other than this, everything else was wonderful. I had a king size room. It was very roomy & comfortable, especially the bed. The meeting rooms were very comfortable also. Often times, they can be freezing cold, but all the rooms I was in were very comfortable. Even though I had to clean the bathroom a little, I'd stay here again. Oh....and you are right in the old downtown area. You can walk to many great places to eat & shop just down the street. Very convenient if youre here for the culture.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank K2277

I must apologize for the lack of service provided to you during your stay and I thank you for sharing your concerns. It provides us the opportunity to make improvements where necessary and focus on our opportunities.
Please visit us again when you are in Santa Fe.