“Good location and value”

El Dorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Hong Kong, China
“Good location and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just a couple of blocks from the heat of Santa Fe historical center. Clean and reasonable value.
Could have better TV channels, faster internet and breafast included. Carpets could be cleaner. Would recommend it anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enrico P
Jason B, Front Office Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments. We are anctipating upgrading our internet and television service in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

The El Dorado has everything you could want in Santa Fe. It is steps from the Plaza. Its common areas are beautiful, especially at the olidays. The rooms are excellent. Most of all the staff is terrific. They go above and byod at all time. We checked in last night and later we found a hand written note from the front desk person under our door thanking us fr being here and offering to do whatever she could do make our visit even better.

Very impressed by everything here. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a fireplace king. Real wood fireplace
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillRodman711
Jason B, Front Office Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything with the stay. We aim to please!
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the outside this hotel is quite beautiful, especially during the holiday season as all the luminaria lights are displayed outside.

We had a room with a Kiva. Too smoky, even though we did not light the fire, the smoke residue from previous person was strong and when you opened the window, the other kiva smoke came in. We smelled like a campfire the next morning.

The hotel needs some updating. The lobby is nice, but the rooms seem a bit old.

The restaurant does have a great breakfast. And, the staff is very friendly. That is a plus.

Room Tip: Do not choose the Kiva room unless you like smoke. The 4th floor, facing east has nice views of the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank freeheal
Jason B, Front Office Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I am sorry we missed this opportunity to make your stay special. I have not heard this from previous guests unless a fire was lit or previously lit. I will make sure our Engineering department looks into this right away. I am happy you enjoyed the other portions of the hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my first visit to Santa Fe and traveled with my mother and two sisters. The Eldorado Hotel was absolutely delightful. Every staff member we encountered provided gracious and outstanding service. The rooms spacious and very comfortable. Great amenities, linens, towels, etc. Our dinner at the Old House Restaurant was delicious and again, outstanding service. The Agave Lounge was both stylish and comfortable with great margaritas. The proximity to the square made it easy to go back and forth and not worry about driving or parking. We will absolutely return to the Eldorado Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laurie m
Thank you for the awesome comments! We look forward to your return. I trust the family enjoyed the trip just as much.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We purchased this stay through Living Social. We stayed on a Saturday night in early November. The first difficulty we had was that you are not allowed to park your own car in the hotel garage, rather the valets must do it. My husband started to argue with the Valet saying he didn't trust anyone else to drive his car. The valet started to protest saying the they were very careful, as on of his colleagues went flying past us in reverse. We paid to park in the city lot across the street. The room looks lovely at fist glance, but as you settle in, you can see the wear and tear, not to mention areas that were not well cleaned. The robes looked clean, but were definitely frayed. Then, there was a loud band that played until about 11:00 right outside of our room. There was a lot of noise in the hallway outside the room throughout the night. I have stayed here before and had a much better experience. I don't think I will go back again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
17 Thank Toni S
I am dissapointed also. I wil lhave Housekeeping evaluate the robes. As far as the parking, I do apologize that are only option is Valet at the hotel. We do not have any self park on the limited space at the hotel. I do see you find an alternative option. To the point about the noise, I hope you called our front desk and/or secuity departments to report the incident.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I live in the Santa Fe area so I don't have the opportunity to stay at the hotels in Santa Fe very often. My wife and I have stayed at a few Santa Fe hotels over the past 5 years for events where we want to avoid driving home after the event.

Recently we had the opportunity to stay at the Eldorado for the Aid and Comfort Gala and I was a little disappointed in the experience. Sure it was nice and we got a discounted rate but I expected more. The Eldorado is supposed to be one of the nicer properties in Santa Fe and their normal rates are in the $200-300 range. Although the room had everything we needed and the bed was comfortable (nice sheets too) the rooms were a bit spartan and dated.

I had a bit of a flare up with the front desk over the parking fee of $24/night. Being a local I knew that I could park at the public lot located caddy corner from the property for $10/night. I commented that parking is cheaper in Washington DC and the person staffing the front desk challenged my assertion stating that he was from DC. I commented back that this may be true but parking is not a premium in Santa Fe like it is in DC. I asked him to take the charge off my account because I would move my vehicle from their garage to the city garage. The next morning my bill had the parking charge and I called the front desk and asked to have the charge remove and her response was that she would "confirm with the garage" that I was not lying. Not sure if the charge was removed but I'll know when I receive my credit card bill.

One other thing kind of irked me. My wife ordered a Jack and Ginger at the bar and they served it in a short highball glass. She asked them to pour it into a tall glass and add more ginger ale. The bartender responded that he only had 11 tall glasses left and refused to honor her request. Not quite what I expect from a 4 star resort.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sivilsld
Jason B, Front Office Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I am terribly sorry we did not meet your every expecations. We defintely were not trying to challenge you but only to strike conversation on your previous travel. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I wil also pass on your comments about the interaction in the lounge with the restaurant manager.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

With a fire place in the room. Wonderful Bar & Restaurant and close the shopping. The lobster sliders were great.
This hotel is pricey but worth every penny!
The staff is very helpful.
If I had one criticism, the parking cost is too high.
But love the Hotel and will return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrWayne_10
Sounds like we have made a connection with you. So happy the food was to your liking also.