“Beautiful hotel in beautiful Santa Fe”

Eldorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Highly recommend the Eldorado. Perfect location, excellent professional staff, lovely well appointed nicely decorated rooms. And the elegant bar (Agave) is a great uncrowded place for a quiet drink. I've been to Santa Fe many times, Eldorado made this visit the best of all. Definitely would stay here again.

2  Thank msmarls
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

If you are happy, I am happy! Thank you for staying and we look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Eldorado Hotel & Spa

Reviewed December 2, 2013

my wife and I wanted to go some place special for our anniversary we planed a trip to Santa Fe about a year ago we decided to stay at the eldorado. The people the food the town the best!!! I wanted to make our day special so I called ahead and asked to put some Champaign in our room they put not only the champaign but also chocolate covered strawberries. They made my wife so happy on our anniversary thanks!!!! And for our dinner we had the best aged beef we've ever ate. We got to experience the town and culture of Santa Fe and We love the location just on the end of town. The only thing we missed was the spa but we'll be back! We give the eldorado hotel & spa a 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Augie S

So excited that we could make this a memorable experience!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We rode the train up from Albuquerque to spend the night in Santa Fe, arrived at the hotel at 10:45 a.m. and our room was already ready for early check in. The Eldorado is only 2 blocks west of the plaza; a great location for walking around Santa Fe to enjoy the culture, art and just ambience of 'The City Different.' [Yes, it is.]
The room was large; well appointed and had been upgraded with granite. King size bed was deep and comfortable. We did enjoy a fire in the kiva fireplace, lit by the bellman, but the windows were somewhat difficult to close [to manage the fire] and the only window screen was bent [attention to detail that I would have given them 5 stars]. Lobby is spacious and very welcoming. We'll be back.

3  Thank carylanddon
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for visiting! I am extremeley happy to see the positive comments. We strive for perfection and in turn will make sure to pass along the details of the window. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Eldorado the night we went to the Aid and Comfort Benefit. Overall, the stay was certainly four star. The mattress is good and the sheets are soft. They have upscale complimentary products in the bathroom and the larger room was in great shape. The only reason I didn't rate them higher was the service in the bar. The bartender (a guy) is a bit distant and not that welcoming. One of the assistants behind the bar was hiding her cell by the register and spending time texting or surfing with her back to the customers. The young lady who waited on us was nice, but was not there all night so when I came back for a drink later in the evening I had to deal with the guy. For example, the bar at the event had run out of glasses and the Eldorado had switched to very small plastic cups for the $11 drinks. Since they were definitely pouring a shot into each cup, the drinks were just way too strong for me. The first time I went into the bar and charged my drink to my room it was no problem. I requested it tall and the young lady not only made it tall but helped me get the larger glass at the bar so my drink wasn't so strong. When I went back she was gone and the bartender refused to make the same drink for me. I explained to him that I didn't want a strong drink and he told me he only had "15 tall glasses and he wasn't going to let me have one". OMG-paying about $600 for a weekend fun stay and the bartender won't pour me what I want. If I had been drunk or asking for a double pour that might have been one thing, but wanting to have a weaker drink...?

So, loved the rest of the hotel and had a ton of fun at the event, but maybe everyone should grab a Red Solo cup before they head into the bar.

Room Tip: Don't pay the $24 a night to park at the hotel unless in and out is important to you. Go across...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank RestlessCindi
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife was involved with an Encaustic art presentation at this hotel. We had been to Santa Fe a couple of times before but never stayed in town. I made the last minute decision to join her, booked a flight from St. Louis and contacted the hotel about a room. They could not have been more helpful. Ended up with a gorgeous, spacious southwest style suite. I had read the reviews and was a little worried. I not only surprised my wife but I was surprised by the hotel. Expectations were it would be a work in progress. Only my experience but I believe they have it down. My room was large, well appointed, quiet with a beautiful mountain view. It was too chilly to sit on the veranda but in the warmer months would be wonderful. The bar and the restaurant were first class. All encounters with staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. You can walk to so many shops and restaurants from this location. We would definitely stay here again and will. Internet is free (my pet peeve), valet is not and at $24 is a little irritating. However, you don't really need a car. Cheap shuttle to/from the airport. Understand they also go to Albuquerque. You could take tours (we didn't), or rent daily if you want to explore. There are several days worth of activities within easy walking distance. The "Shed" is an iconic restaurant nearby and a fun place. Overall, an excellent choice in a fun location. Thank you to the Eldorado, we shall see you again.

Room Tip: I choose a king suite, my wife was already there in one of the doubles with her friend. Both rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Snidle
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for the votes of confidence. We aim to please and it seems we have done our job here. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

A reputation as the best hotel in a great tourist destination and art mecca is hard to live up to. El Dorado makes a fine showing, with a warm and welcoming staff, a very gemütlich ambience, and not the slightest sign of pretension. The architecture and decor is quintessential Santa Fe, with rounded contours, wood, and earth tones deployed with exquisite taste. After the modest lobby, there is a great cavernous room (a small sign says occupancy is limited to 350) - during my stay it was never busy and always quiet, and the distribution of architectural features and furnishings provided numerous areas that were comfortable for small groups and private discussions. The high ceilings (2 floor equivalent) provide generous wall space, which is a great platform for the dozens of large format paintings that hang - probably all for sale, but not garishly labeled so. Even if you don't stay, enjoy an art walk through the main floor corridors.

Now about the title of the review. The large bedrooms have beds that are supported by platforms hidden beneath the bed, like in most hotels. Here, however, there is a decorative massive wood framework outside the bed profile, and in particular 3x3" posts at each corner stick out far (maybe 6") from the corner of the bed. I stubbed my toe on these twice during the day, before I learned to watch out for them, and then I stubbed my toe again in the dark! They could have been designed to give the same appearance (post inside the rails) with less hazard. Sorry, El Dorado, this was a matter of taste over ruling common sense.

Room Tip: The halls are very long - if you have limited mobility, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fringe_Gatherer
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for the generous comments! I am so happy you were satisfied with everything. Except the toe stubbing. So sorry about that.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a welcoming, full-service hotel with nice spa amenities. The decor throughout is definitely upscale southwestern. The hallways on the ground floor are like an art museum for local artists.
The location is excellent - walking distance to shops, restaurants and the square. Service was efficient and friendly. (They even welcome pets with a treat at the front desk!) It feels good to walk in the front door of the lobby after a fine day of touring. And, the rates are reasonable for the level of service and comfort. I recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CLM409
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for the words of confidence. Let us know how we can make it 5 stars.