“Amazing!”

Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

From the moment I stepped out of my car, to the moment I drove away, it was nothing but smiles! The whole staff was amazing at taking care of me and my daughter. They were all very aware that she was with me at all times...and at 4 years old, she was rather excited to end the trip with a chance to talk to EVERYONE she met. We stayed for 2 nights, and enjoyed every second of it. The Eldorado is perfectly located. A short drive from I-25, close to restaurants, and within walking distance to shops and museums. The rooms were fine. The beds were comfy. The room service attendant, Joe (bellman), and Patti (Old House) all helped to make this a special get away fro us! My daughter was surprised with a plate of fresh baked cookies, a little coloring kit, and an apple juice...All because the staff was thinking about the most important part of MY life! hehe.
The Lounge was a happy atmosphere, but was a bit to crowded on a Friday night for myself. The staff was helpful in getting us some chips and salsa to took back to the room. $24/night for valet was worth it in my opinion...I loved not having to walk a block to get to my car.
I will be going back, this time bringing the whole family!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ian M, Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our staff! We had such a great time hosting your vacation and your daughter was a blast!!!! I will make sure to pass on your wonderful comments and we would love to see you and your daughter again very soon! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and have a wonderful rest of your week!

imcclendon@eldoradohotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were fortunate to get a room at the last minute on Easter weekend, while traveling with our dog. I was a little apprehensive about staying in such a nice hotel with him, but the moment we arrived at the front desk I felt welcome and not only was our pooch made welcome, but they handed us a little welcome goody bag of biscuits for the little guy! Our room was spacious, with a super comfy mattress and dreamy linens and pillows. The decor was soothing, Southwestern, of course, but not pretentious. Everything was perfect during our stay, from the valet who always brought our car up in just minutes, even during busy checkout on Sunday, to the hostess at the Agave Lounge who came inside the bar to give me the message that my hubby wanted a margarita, because he had our dog in the lobby and wasn't able to come in and find me! Everyone was professional but not stuffy. We have stayed at several other hotels in Santa Feel over the past 15 years and all were great, but the El Dorado is top notch AND dog friendly. We will stay there when we return to this delightful city.

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms have shower only, no tub, in the bathroom
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We love our Dogs! Our property is constantly looking for ways to incorporate pet friendly programs into our daily activities. I am glad that you and your pet enjoyed your time with us! thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night at the end of March. When we checked in (evening time) our room was not yet ready. The front desk was gracious, courteous, apologetic and offered us a free drink in the lounge. The bar is fabulous and we had a good time hanging in there for a bit until our room was ready. Once we finished up our drink, we made our way back to the front desk where our room was ready and our luggage was already taken up (Bravo on that!). The room was great - big and comfy. A few minutes into our room, we heard this loud banging...we did not think anything of it, until we heard it a few minutes later and was non stop. We called the front desk to inform them of the noise and was told they would send someone to the floor to resolve it. On our way out, we did see a service man in the hallway hard at work!

My husband and I checked out the area and was recommended a great restaurant by the hotel staff. By the time time we came back to our room, the noise issue was STILL an issue. We called the front desk again, and was told it was an issue for our floor, they apologized and that was it. I was very disappointed we were not relocated to another floor. It was extremely hard to sleep and was woken up numerous times throughout the night and early morning. Given the money spent on the room and the reputation of the hotel, I expect a sound sleep. Upon checkout, we brought up the noise issue again and the discomfort we experienced. He was nice enough to comp us for parking but, I would have expected more. At the very least, my husband and I should have be bought an extra large coffee. This hotel fell short of our expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our property. It seems like we had some challenges with some issues regarding your stay and we honestly do take your comments very seriously. We strive to be Santa Fe's Favorite Hotel with everything we do and it seems like we missed the mark with this goal. I can assure you that this is not the standard for our property and our team has taken notes about your comments and we will use them to make us that much better. We hope you come back and visit the Eldorado again, and we will be sure to offer you all the coffee we have and much, much more:)! Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, and again, we hope to see you back in Santa Fe soon so we can show you how amazing we truly are!

Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed at the El Dorado for 3 nights. Very friendly at check in. Our room was ok- asked for an upgrade and was transferred to a room on the 5th floor with a small balcony and a fireplace. Not sure why hotels have double beds and not queens? Little tight but nice linens: down comforters and pillows. Big chunky furniture- new Mexican style I guess. Second morning walked into the bed post and broke my toe- ouch! After a visit to the ER spent the afternoon on ice and watching tv. Wanted a cozy fire- called 2x asking for someone to come make the fire. Gave up- no one showed up. Staff at the front asked on several occasions how my foot was but no one in management contacted me.
Hotel bar was fine, ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was tasty.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank fuzeMom
Ian M, Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time review our property. I am so sorry to hear about your broken toe! I know how frustrating a situation like that is and I am very sorry that we fell short in making you more comfortable during this time. I will make sure to review this with our team and make sure we correct what happened so it wont happen moving forward. I am glad you had a chance to dine in the Old House! It is an awesome restaurant and it is sooo Delicious!

Thank you again for your review and if you need anything else, please contact the property at your convenience.

Denver Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My recent stay at the Eldorado was my first with you. Previous trips to Santa Fe I stayed at another well known hotel on the plaza. I am delighted that I have made the change. The entire staff at the Eldorado were friendly, helpful and gracious. They make the guests feel welcomed. My room was amazing. I love the additional outlets that are in the rooms which help those of us that need our electronics. I am planning another trip to Santa Fe in two weeks and will be staying at the Eldorado. Can't wait to tell everyone about this fantastic hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ian M, Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review and we cannot wait for you to come back! We love our return guests, so please let us know in advance some of your favorite things and we will make sure to make your next stay even more memorable! I have passed on your comments to the Eldorado team and they are extremely humbled by your comments. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed April 9, 2013

other business' could learn a lot from the Staff at this hotel, every member of Staff I came in contact with was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and obviously happy in their jobs. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and had all the amenities I expected and more. Great location for easy walking to all downtown Santa Fe has to offer. The art on display makes the lobby area seem like it's own gallery. I had breakfast the morning I left and the blue corn pinon pancakes were to die for, delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! The Old House Restaurant is truly amazing and if you think the blue corn pancakes are good, just wait until you have tried our breakfast burritos, or the huevos rancheros! They are sooo good! Thank you also for the very humbling compliment that other companies can learn from us and we take that to the heart. I have already shared this with the staff and they are blown away!
Than you again for taking the time to review the property and we hope to see you again in Santa Fe very soon!

Scottsdale
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way out of town. We're already planning to return so we can stay longer. Very comfortable, lovely hotel. Excellent location as well and the price was right. Walk to local galleries and restaurants. It's in the center of the "tourist" area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We cannot wait to have you back! we all of love our guests so much, but we have to be preferential some times because our return guests are so amazing! Please let us know when you decide to come back and we will take some extraordinary steps to ensure that your stay is nothing but memorable...only in the best way:)
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and again, we cannot wait to see you again soon!