“Excellent place to stay in Santa Fe!”

El Dorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Albuquerque
“Excellent place to stay in Santa Fe!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My fiance and I stayed in the Eldorado the weekend I proposed to her, and the experience was wnoderful! From the prompt and friendly valet service to the front desk staff, everyone was friendly and polite. The complimentary bottle of champagne (upgraded at no cost and without telling me when they found out we were getting engaged) was a wonderful addition, and the room was perfect--sparkling clean and with the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever experienced. We only stayed ther one night, but they helped make it a memorable one. I recommend this hotel highly!

By the way, the rest of the weekend went well too, as Robert Redford sat at the next table when we had dinner at Santacafe. I am not certain if my fiance was more delighted by the ring, or by seeing Robert Redford! :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear KirbyAlbuquerque,

First off let me wish you a heartfelt congratulations on your engagement. I am thrilled that we had some small part in sharing in your happiness and making a memory for you. I am not sure of your plans, but do keep us in mind for your wedding as it would be our distinct pleasure to be at your service.

With warm regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2012

While I was not fortunate enough to stay at this beautiful hotel, I did enjoy a fabulous massage with Aaron at their wonderful spa. He listened tto what I wanted and did an excellent job. He knows the body and how mucles interact so he can advise on ways to help your muscle pain (for me the shoulders, primarily from stress) and provided me with an excellent, much appreciated massage. I think Santa Fe is beautiful, peaceful and full of friendly people. And, when I return, I would love to stay at Eldorado Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Silvanaburdick,

Thank you so much for being a guest of our Spa. We sincerely appreciate your very kind comments, and so look forward to your return visit. It will be our pleasure to have you as a guest of our Hotel. Our motto is guest satisfaction one guest at a time. We are honored that we had the opportunity to make you happy.

From your friend's at the Eldorado.
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I simply loved this hotel. The detail of all areas in the hotel is beautiful, so tasteful. The view of the mountains was breath taking. So much so when it was time to go to dinner at the hotel's restaurant, "Old House" we almost didn't go because I wanted to stay in our room but, wow, am I glad we went to dinner. I believed the reviews about the restaurant and went to the best dinner I have had I years. I want to go back to Santa Fe just to eat here.
I have stayed at many hotels with fireplaces but none that burned real wood. What a treat. We were offered as much wood as we wanted as well. Paul, a delightful young man started our fire. He made us feel he was happy to be of help to us.
I fell in love with Eldorado and can't wait to go back to this charming and warm place away from home.
Yes, couldn't be a better location. Just a block to downtown yet tucked away in a quite neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear JanePhillips,

We are overjoyed that your stay with us was a memorable one. I am pleased that you found all aspects of our property exceptional and your stay was what we hope for each guest. I look forward to your return visit in the very near future as we want your stay to be better than the last.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stay someplace else!!! Santa Fe has beautiful hotels! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!! It smells dank and rustic, the suite was small and the management do not know what the word hospitality means!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
14 Thank Kimberly646
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Kimberly646,

We appreciate your listing, but find it confusing as it does not actually list what the issues are. This I find troubling as the Guest Services Manager I was not made aware of any issues that you might have encountered. If you would, I would appreciate your contacting the hotel directly so that we can discuss what obviously was a troubled stay.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We loved our room on the 5th floor. It was very comfortable, clean, and the staff was outstanding. The hotel made our whole trip worth it. On the other hand, we didn't love the city of Sante Fe. The food was just so, so, not much night life. (we love to dance, but not many opportunities in Sante Fe.

1 Thank MaryLovesDancde
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear MaryLovesDancde,

We are overjoyed that your stay was a memorable one. It will be my great pleasure to share your kind words with our staff so they may celebrate a success. We do hope that not being able to find places in Santa Fe for dancing will not discourage you from returning.

Our continued goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've tried 5 or 6 Santa Fe hotels on our many visits. Some have lots of charm, but fewer facilities. Some, like the Eldorado, have little charm but "more" facilities. The problem is that Eldorado's facilities aren't particularly nice-- the common areas are OK, but the rooms are awful. The rooms are on par with what is available at a $49.95 roadside motel. No architectural detail-- no design-- nothing feels particularly high quality, and the place desperately needs a makeover.

If the service were superior, one might overlook the poor rooms. On the busy weekend we were there, the hotel valet (the only in-hotel parking option) was completely overwhelmed (and seemed not to understand the concept of "valet."). We were told to call down in advance for our car-- when we did, we were asked 20 questions about our car (as though they did not have the valet ticket number). The next time we called down, they had given up completely, and we were told they could not retrieve our car until we came down ourselves. I can accept that a town like Santa Fe doesn't have a lot of valet parking-- that's part of the appeal! But you can't charge $24 a night for a service that simply doesn't exist.

Overall, my impression is that this hotel thrives on bookings of people who don't know much about Santa Fe, or who are part of tour groups, or perhaps international travelers who planning resources are more limited.

Save yourself a lot of money and aggravation-- choose one of Santa Fe's other more interesting and inviting hotels.

9 Thank Ernest S
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Gtoernie,

We thank you for your feedback as this is what helps us to take a long hard look at our current operations. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found our accommodations not to your expectations.

We do hope that you will come back at some future stay and see that we are continually trying to improve our operations.

With regards from your friend's at the Eldorado
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Eldorado was our first stop on a NM honeymoon. The hotel staff was very kind from the very start, and the property is nice. Although we checked in on a Wednesday, we were put in a room right next to an elevator which was unfortunately very noisy and not so romantic... but that said, the front desk sent up champagne to help us celebrate and we loved the extra touch.

On day two, I was having trouble sleeping because it is quite dry in Santa Fe, but the hotel was able to provide a humidifier and it made all the difference in the world!

Overall, nice accommodations, kind hotel staff, and comfy bed... previous reviews about shower soaking you bc of poor design and the terrible forced parking fees are true. We suggest paying a few dollars less and parking in the garage kitty corner to the property.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator! Also, no view from front side 3rd floor.