“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Sheffield, England
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We drove from Denver to Santa Fe in August staying in the Eldorado for four nights. As we had two teenagers we were a little disappointed that no rollbed was available as in many US hotels. The room was a good size and clean. The fridge was fantastic, really big with plenty of storage space in the unit for breakfast cereals and snacks. Nice view of the mountains and a quiet room. We enjoyed the pool and hot- tub although it is looking al little tired. Great location for walking around Santa Fe and right next door to the Georgia O'Keefe museum.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear aliSheffield_England,

Thank you for highlighting some great features of the Eldorado Hotel! As many hotels offer rollaway beds, we also do. However, regulations of the fire department restrict us from placing them in smaller rooms. Upon your next booking, please inquire about our larger rooms or suites, and we will be delighted to provide a rollway bed for you. Also, based on your feedback, I will make sure to personally take a look at the pool deck to ensure it represents the hotel well. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Santa Fe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Our didn't seem to flush when we arrived so we reported it to the front desk. They sent someone but it the water still seemed to not flow so I reported it again. Came back from the gym and they had the toilet pulled off the floor and the were trying to fix an issue they found. Asked the front desk for another room. They did get us one but I can't help feeling that was the LEAST they could do.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Itsme2day
Dear Itsme2day,

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is very focused on making sure everything in the room is in working order prior to guests checking in. I would like to apologize on the oversight that affected your stay. We certainly appreciate your business, and I am glad to hear that your stay was otherwise enjoyable. We hope that you will be our guest again in the near future.
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My sister and I spent two days relaxing at the El Dorado before heading to her home in northern New Mexico. It was spacious and welcoming, and the spa treatments were pure bliss.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My friend and I drove from Denver to Santa Fe and checked into the hotel. We had an amazing room and they honored my travel agent number for a $ 99 room rate. Our room was very large with 2 beds and windows that actually opened. The smell of the pinon trees cant be beat. One of the beds in our room ( my bed) had a bit of a large dip in the middle. I called the front desk but they didn't remedy it during our stay of 4 nights. The hotel is in a great location and you really can walk to most of the attractions in Santa Fe. We didn't use the spa as it was just too pricey. Instead we drove about 45 minutes north to the AMAZING Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs resort. What a deal, $20 for the day of soaking in the sacred native american springs and a 1 1/2 hour yoga class in a yurt !!!!!!! AWESOME DEAL.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I recently got married in Santa Fe & I chose this hotel for accommodations for my fiancee & I & all of our out of town guests & we could all not be happier. Nice, spacious, clean rooms, friendly staff, nice lobby area. Concierge was just amazing they even helped us with a pet-sitter for our furry friends & also got me a limo right away (Joe the limo driver was a life savior) when my original one never showed up! Susan at the spa was wonderful & ensured that my bridal party & I had the best treatment. We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Old house restaurant there in the hotel & it turned out great, Lance was very helpful. The hotel is just in the right location & close to everything, we walked to the plaza. We will stay here again next time we are in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The suite rooms are a great upgrade & we highly recommend them.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband, his parents and I just stayed three nights at this hotel and we all loved it. We even brought our dog and he loved it too. The staff was amazing, so nice and eager to help with any needs we had. The rooms were so comfortable and loved the corner fireplace, very romantic. The maids were all great too, never any attitude about having a dog they loved our dog, which made me feel even more at home. Would stay here again anytime.
Easy walk to the plaza where all the action is. Perfect spot.

Room Tip: spa rooms are awesome, they have wood burning fireplace,
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was our first time in Santa Fe. The hotel was OK and in a good location, but I expected a little more from the room given the price. We stayed there from September 21-23.

Location -- On San Francisco Street only a short walk to the plaza. Very convenient to be able to walk anywhere we wanted to go.

Room -- We were on the second floor overlooking San Fancisco Street...well it should have overlooked the street except that the facade of the entryway below is higher than the 2nd floor windows so we had a view of nothing but the back of the facade. The alarm clock was not plugged in. Once I plugged it in, there was no indication how to set the correct time. After a while I realized that if you unscrew the back cover, you can access the buttons to set the time. Also, the bathroom floor had broken floor tiles and cracked grout on the walls falling out into the shower. Everything appeared clean, but the condition of the tiles/grout make you wonder about the overall upkeep of the rooms. You have to specifically ask the front desk to have the towels replaced when housekeeping comes, otherwise you will be left with wet towels for the next day. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was otherwise very nice.

Parking -- A little annoying at $22 per night. You do have in & out priveleges, but if you're only going to use the car once a day (or not at all which we didn't) you might want to consider parking at the Municipal garage right across the street for $10 a day.

Concierge -- I forget her name, but she was very helpful in suggesting things to see and do in the area. She told us about a walking tour of Santa Fe that left from the hotel lobby which we really enjoyed. And she also made us a reservation for dinner at The Shed which had great margaritas and delicious dinners.

You certainly can not go wrong staying here. I just think that I may try someplace else the next time I'm in Sata Fe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonFans
CoolTrip101, General Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are sorry that the alarm clock in your room was not plugged in! We are currently working on updating our bathrooms and are sorry to read that your bathroom was one that was not yet updated. Thank you for your compliments about our concierge, we will be sure to pass that along to her! We hope you enjoy your next visit to Santa Fe.