“Good well priced motel”

Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Brussels
“Good well priced motel”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I was with a group on a walking holiday beginning of October. Was more than satisfied with the service and the accommodation. Easy to get into the centre with the shuttle from the hotel. Recommend taking historical tour from the hotel with Jerry, a guide who is very knowledgeable and easy to listen to. Perhaps the hotel was slightly let down by the small size of its breakfast room which quickly became overcrowded. Could have done with more than one person dealing with the breakfast area although here again very pleasant service. Enjoyed my stay.

Carol H, Brussels

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent stay at the Santa Fe Sage Inn. I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and got to take advantage of Jerry's walking tour. We will hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

The Sage Inn has so many great things going for it, from the super friendly and helpful staff to the clean and comfortable rooms. The location is great, all of the main attractions are within a 20-30 minute walk, and whole foods is literally next door which is really convenient. The breakfast in the morning was simple but good, and it's nice that they leave a few things out all day. If you stay here over the weekend make sure to walk across the street on Saturdays for the farmers market. My only complaint is getting into the parking lot from any direction other than directly off cerillos is impossible. I had to make several u-turns in scary traffic to get back to the hotel, why the city can't open the median for a left turn is beyond me. Also cerillos road is a major thorough fair through Santa Fe so the traffic can be quite noisy at times. The room itself is small, but it has everything one needs including FREE wi-fi and a mini fridge. Bed was comfy and overall the hotel was quiet at night. If a hotel room for under 120 is your need then I would highly recommend the Sage Inn.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your strong recommendation of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience so many great things about Santa Fe. We will look forward to your next stay with us.
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Awesome location! They offer a free shuttle to the plaza that we took full advantage of. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Nice, large grassy park in the back from the property to walk pets. Seemed like a safe area! Only downside is that the room was pretty small, but I would still stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will look forward to seeing you again.
HITCHCOCK
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It is a reasonable priced place to stay. The shuttle to the Plaza was great and the staff was very friendly. But they got the reservations mixed up and had put us up on the second floor. That was not good since we are in our 70's. They did fix it the next day and we got ground floor rooms for the rest of the week. They had 2 computers in the lobby for the customers but they were very slow and only one had a printer attached. It took some time to get our boarding pass for the flight home. The shower had a bad problem of going from cold to very hot while taking a shower. The breakfast was good but all cold stuff. It never changed. After 5 day it was not appetizing. We brought our bathing suits but they had no hot tubs. They had a swimming pool but the water was way too cold. There was only one free ice machine for the whole complex. The place is convenient to town and the rail service.

Room Tip: If you are old be sure you get a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank HENRY F
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I apologize for the apparent mis-communication in the placing of your rooms. That will definitely be used as an opportunity for training and improvement. I also wanted to let you know that although the pool is not quite as hot as a hot tub we keep it heated to 86 degrees and we have guests who swim well into the fall. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again and allow us to make up for any other issues you may have had during your stay. It is always our mission to exceed our guests expectations and we would appreciate one more chance to do just that.
Telford, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This Inn was delightful to stay at. The breakfasts were good and healthy. The staff is extremely helpful and they went out of their way to help us find our way around the area. They looked up information for our departure to our next location and suggested the better way to go for scenery. The Inn housekeeping staff is very good at keeping the rooms clean and ready for us. I would definitely stay here again. It was 6 walking blocks to the Plaza and a Whole Foods grocery store is right around the corner. We stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor. There are no elevators. And they seem to be full on weekends, so book early.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent stay at The Santa Fe Sage Inn. I am so glad that our staff was able to help you with all of your travel needs. We hope to have you as our guest again on your next visit to Santa Fe.
las vegas, nv
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Best feature of this property is it's shuttle to the downtown plaza. Tired rooms, poor sound deadening between rooms made us leave early to find better accommodations in town. Very noisy AC kept us up half the night. Light sleepers beware. Don't be mislead by glowing reviews of this place. It's inexpensive for it's location but you pay the price in other ways. Breakfast is basically continental with some hard boiled eggs available.

Room Tip: Best choice is find another hotel/motel to stay at.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
17 Thank LVSCA
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about your most recent stay at The Santa Fe Sage Inn. I apologize that there were some noise issues with your room. We would have been happy to move you to a room that may have been more acceptable, had let us know about these issues before check out. Please note that we have completed renovations on more than half of our rooms and we are constantly working to improve the property as a whole. I would also let you know that our guest's satisfaction is our number one priority which is why we have such strong reviews on this site. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay as the issues you stated are of obvious concern to me. Please contact me via email danielle@santafesageinn.com or call me at 505-982-5952. I will look forward to speaking with you.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I picked the Santa Fe Sage Inn, in Santa Fe, NM, for my lodging from 9.21.13 to 9.25.13, and was impressed with the beautiful room I stayed in, the free shuttle from 9 to 9 to the Plaza by Eva and Shawn, generous complimentry breakfast, cleanliness, friendly welcome each time I walked into the reception area and I felt safe there, too. I've showed all my friends the pictures I took of my room and the dining room and they're impressed, too. I'll return to the Sage Inn in Santa Fe!

Room Tip: Second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Santa Fe Sage Inn. We greatly appreciate your compliments about our hotel. We will hope to see you again.