“Motorcyclists Welcome!”

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tucson, Arizona
“Motorcyclists Welcome!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here four nights last month and were very impressed with the service and value. The staff were completely accommodating, e.g., the phones were down at the local taxi company and the maintenance guy overheard our failed efforts, put down his tools and drove us downtown. Unbelievable. The room on the 3rd floor was spacious and quiet even directly next to the elevator. The staff provides clean towels for motorcycle washing and a cleaning station is easily set up near the front entrance. Breakfast is the typical BW+ fare but it was fine. A cab ride into the Plaza 5 miles away is about $20 each way. If you want to ride your motorcycle downtown it is a great idea to park in the municipal lot across from the Hotel St. Francis (which is one of the very best places in town to get a martini) in one of the designated spots by the ticket booth. We were charged $3 for all day for 2 motorcycles. Seriously. The hotel is also about a 5 minute ride to the local HD dealership. We would absolutely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Steve D
Matthew H, Corporate Trainer at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe. I am happy to read that you were very impressed by the service and value while you were here. We are always happy to help in whatever way we can. It is great that our maintenance person was able to get you downtown when the local taxi service was down. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and thought it was spacious and quiet. We are always glad to offer clean towels and set up a washing station out front to wash the road off motorcycles. We look forward to the next time you come and stay with us here in Santa Fe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Arizona
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were getting desperate to find a room, as it seemed all of the places were either full or almost full. After checking via phone, we were told they had a room with two queen beds available, so rather than seeing it in person, we booked it sight unseen. From the outside, the place looks very nice. Entering the lobby, the first impression is dark and old. The girl at the counter was very nice and very helpful. She at first had us in a first floor room, but when I asked for a top floor, she instantly changed me - great first impression of service. Our room was in the corner on the third floor and walking down the corridor the overall impression was that the place needs a thorough cleaning. The elevator carpeting was filthy and needed vacuuming as did the carpeting in the hallway - but more than that, it needed shampooing. Our room was also dark and dingy with very dark wallpaper. The A/C is noisy and the carpet, once again, needed cleaning. The place is just not up to three stars as indicated - it is definitely a two star establishment. Nothing wrong with two stars if that is what is portrayed, but a let down if you are expecting three stars and you get two. Management can't do anything about the decor, but they certainly can demand more from their housekeeping staff - attention to detail is what makes a great place. The breakfast room is cramped with more people than tables - food is as expected, but the blueberry waffles were very good. Overall, I would say that the interior needs refurbishing with lighter colors - the rooms are dark and almost give a depressing feeling. Lighter colors and a thorough scrubbing would improve this place immensely. Would I stay here again? Only if I knew it had been redone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KTBlount
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind words about our desk staff. I am happy to read that she was able to accommodate you so quickly in getting you a room on the top floor. Also that you enjoyed the blueberry waffles for breakfast. I will make sure to address the issues that you encountered with the housekeeping and maintenance staff. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This property is very adequate, but nothing special. The beds were pretty comfortable, the furnishings were decent but dated, the bathroom was small. Hotel overall is clean and staff was friendly. Daily breakfast was good with lots of choices. WiFi was acceptable, but not great. The property is located close to dining and shopping and on a major street. Overall our stay was okay, just nothing that was exceptional or memorable. I can't say I would never stay there again if in the area, nor would I say I would stay.

1 Thank Kat654
Thank you for your review about our hotel here in Santa Fe. We appreciate all feedback that we get. I am glad to read that you thought our staff was friendly and that the hotel was clean overall. It is wonderful that you enjoyed the choices that we offer on our hot breakfast. We do have a great location that is convenient for dinning and shopping. Also we are just a short drive to the downtown area of Santa Fe. We do all hope that you will come see us again the next time you are in Santa Fe.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our suite was clean & nicely decorated. The service was great & the morning breakfast was fresh. I wish they could have had rotated the selections slightly on different days.When I checked out I recommended to the front desk possibly installing ceiling fans to circulate the air conditioned air more efficentally from the bedroom area to the front living room.

1 Thank David H
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here in Santa Fe. It is great to read that your suite was clean and that you enjoyed our southwest style décor. I am glad that the service was great and that you enjoyed our hot breakfast. Thank you for your suggestions that you wrote about as well as mentioned to our front desk staff.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2014

First of all, the room was comfortable and well decorated so no problem there. Our problem was with their Wi-Fi connection. It was so dysfunctional it wouldn't load up the page ... the cursor would continuously spin. When we checked in, we specifically asked the front desk employee AND the manager if they had a reliable Wi-Fi connection because we needed to check business emails. The manager assured us they've only had one complaint about their Wi-Fi and all he had to do was reset the router. We thought we were good to go, but in the end we felt duped.

3 Thank LuvToTravelx2
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us here in Santa Fe. It is wonderful that the room was comfortable for you and that you like our décor. I am sorry to read that you had such a hard time with our Wi-Fi. Normally we do not have issues with guests connecting to our Wi-Fi. We have been in contact with our Wi-Fi technical support team and they think that we have worked out the issues that you had mentioned with the Wi-Fi.
Crosby, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had a great stay in Santa Fe and our hotel room was a big part of it. Room was great and bed very comfortable. Also enjoyed the indoor pool. The breakfast was also good with plenty of choices. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and also directed me to several places to visit and dine. All the places they suggested turned out good as well. I will stay here again and will recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff and hotel. It is wonderful that we were able to be such a big part to your great stay here in Santa Fe. I am glad that you enjoyed the places we suggested to visit and dine. Also that you were able to enjoy our indoor pool and thought we offered plenty of good choices on our hot breakfast. On behalf of all of us thank you again for your great review about our hotel here in Santa Fe and recommendations to your friends and family.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Checked into my room and when I got there the room smelt disgusting!!!! I told the girl up front and all she did was give me a frebreze bottle! I laughed at her and told her she has got to be kidding me. I packed up all my stuff and told her to check me out immediately. She didn't do so until the morning. I called for a refund since I dim7nnl xnkl stay the night I was only there for 10 minutes! !! The GM said I can not have a refund since I "checked out" in the morning! I argued with him and he kept saying it was my fault and no refund will be placed. Worst service ever.i still want my money back

• Stayed January 2014