“Can't go wrong staying in this really nice hotel.”

Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Sun City, Arizona
“Can't go wrong staying in this really nice hotel.”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This was by far the nicest place we stayed in for our entire trip. What a delight to finally walk into a clean and comfortable room for the night. We were more than pleased. Friendly and helpful staff also and very reasonably priced. Will definately stay here again when we are passing through Santa Fe. Thank you for a great experince after a long day on the road!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank dsmarsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at Best Western for 3 days in the beginning of June and loved it. The room had a New Mexico charm, with good Air conditioning and a really nice service. It was quite convenient, though not in the downtown area. Nearby eating places were pretty ok and it is the value for money that really makes it worthwhile staying there.

The service was extremely helpful and staff are nice. If you are on vacation, and do not plan to spend hours in the room, this is ideal. And I almost forgot, they also have a nice pool. Definitely a bonus!

Room Tip: Ask for manager special rates.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank shruti2011
az
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel was shabby, and the air conditioning was so beat up that it made horrible noise all night making it impossible to sleep (and that wasn't even from our conditioner - from another room) - I was told when I mentioned it to the morning clerk that the hotel was under renovation and they hadn't been able to repair all the units yet. The pillows were teeny and impossible to sleep on. Horrible hotel - Stay away!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank redjb7
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I wish you had reported the A/C problem at the time it occured as we could have moved you to another room. We have four pillows per bed and have received a number of compliments regarding the quality of sleep our guest's get. I am sorry that you found the hotel shabby as we invested over $1.5 million into the property since we bought it in June of 2009. We get alot of compliment's from our guest regarding our New Mexican decor. Obviously from your review it was not to your liking. Once again thank you for your input.
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We chose this Best Western based on the good reviews on tripadvisor. We arrived early and the check-in clerk allowed us to have our lunch in the indoor-pool as our room was not ready yet. When we got to our room (a room with a balcony) we were a bit disappointed. It was big (2 rooms) but the room layout out was not great. The bathroom was the smallest we have ever seen.The plus was the balcony but it was facing the very busy Cerrillos road. The room decor was very dark (brown) and worst of all it had two old TVs. The shutters on our balcony did not close properly and we could not lock the balcony door. By chance we could take a peek into the room close to us and it was great. Also with two room but the layout was great with bedroom and separate living room. The bathroom was bigger. It also had a balcony but it faced the other way (much less noise). Also, it had a new flat-screen TV! We went back to the reception clerk. Even though we had a pre-paid rate she checked whether room was available. Unfortunately it was not available. So we had to stay in our room. The breakfast room was very small so you had to be there early to get a seat. The selection was ok. The breakfast staff was very friendly though and looked that all was filled up. Also the clerks at the reception desk were helpful and friendly. We are not sure whether we would stay at BW again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 301
4 Thank Southwest_2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I wish you had called the front desk to report the problems you had with the shutters and lock, we pride ourselves on quick and timely solutions to any issues that arise. I am sorry that you found the bathroom small, the exterior vanity area is very large and appreciated by our guest's. Most Best Westerns do not yet have LCD TV's, we have purchased some for our suites and will continue to update them as we can. Thank you again for your review.
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2011

With so many hotels to choose from in Santa Fe, it can be difficult to decide where to stay. The Best Western Inn of Santa Fe is definitely a good option! It is one of the nicest hotels in this chain and I’ve stayed at many BWs around the country.

In a word, it is lovely. The lobby and rooms are tastefully decorated in the southwestern, Santa Fe style. The bedstead is carved wood, matching the mirror. The beds and pillows are comfortable – an exception to the rule, in my experience. Our room was large and clean but definitely needed better lighting; there was barely enough light to read.

The hotel has easy access from the highway and there’s no pet fee!! (The desk clerk gave me a little bag of dog biscuits for my pup!) I didn’t use the indoor pool, but plenty of other people did and seemed to be enjoying themselves. For $71.10 we got a very nice room with breakfast included and a computer in the lobby for guests to use. The next time I’m in Santa Fe, I won’t bother scanning all the other hotel options, I’ll return to the Best Western!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank amlbones
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we really appreciate. We are very proud of our hotel. We are very glad that you found everything to your satisfaction. Your comments mean a lot to use! Thanks again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 3, 2011

TWO WORDS; NEVER AGAIN. I was in Santa Fe visiting my family for the weekend. The price for the room was reasonable but I now understand why. The first night I stayed I woke up the next morning with little bites all over my arms legs and face. I was horrified. I talked to the manager she did not once apologize for the incident. I went to the er to find out what the bites might be and they said it seemed to be bed bugs! My suggestion, find some where else to stay because bed bugs travel fast! I threw away all the clothes, suit case, shoes, anything that I had from the trip because I didnt want to take them home. I will never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: stay away
12 Thank Michealdee1090
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
The Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe has never been notified or discovered during our room inspections any instances of bed bugs. We have not had any reviews or complaints that mention bed bugs. As bed bugs remain until exterminated, we should have had additional complaints as we have ran very high occupancy during May and June. I also find it odd that we did not receive any bills for your emergency room visit or the items that you had thrown away. We also have not received any complaints or communication from Best Western Customer Service regarding your stay. We take our reputation very seriously and work hard ever day to justify our customers loyality.
Tuolumne, California
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Our "King Suite" rooms at this hotel were absolutely great, at a really good price of about $100. The king bedroom was large and nicely decorated, with a TV, and the living room was also good-sized with a leather couch and chair, TV plus a wet bar. Style was attractive southwestern and rooms were spotless, plus we were able to choose our room cleaning service level. Hotel staff was great, including a near-instant response to a non-functioning air conditioner in the living room when we arrived. And the breakfast was just fine.

Location on Cerrillos Road is a bit far from the downtown plaza, resaturants and attractions but the excellence and value of the hotel made this OK. We really enjoyed our five night stay.

5 Thank Billkim607
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate your comments on our decor as we spent $1.5 million dollars to reflect the Southwestern Santa Fe look. We consider ourselves to be the best value on Cerrillos Road, we are glad you agree. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel.