Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This motel offers an exceptional value in a convenient location. It doesn't look like much from the main road, and although it is an older property, it is very well maintained. The indoor pool area and hot tub were very nice - the pool is much larger than typical hotel pools and it was great for getting some swimming in. All the public areas (pool, breakfast room, rec room) were spotless. The public computer was a nice amenity as mine had been acting up. The staff was friendly enough, and the room was nice and comfortable, if a bit on the small side. The breakfast was fantastic. I also appreciated being able to get a bottle of Coke out of the vending machine for only $1.00, the cheapest price I've seen anywhere in a long time. For Santa Fe, the price can't be beat and the extra touches and cleanliness make this one of the best values I've found in lodging.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank CosmoVA
Lamplighter2405, General Manager at Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a very fair and favorable review of our property. It pleases me that you found the breakfast perfect for your traveling needs.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

If you are budget minded like us and want a decent hotel for under $80, the Best Value Inn in Santa Fe is the one for you. We stayed two days, and used the hotel as our base to explore the area. There are multiple restaurants within a mile. Our room was clean, big, bright and comfortable. The staff was great. The wifi worked fine. They have laundry facilities, so we were able to get a load of clothes washed while we were there. There is a rec room with ping pong table, and an indoor pool! What more could you want? No problems at all. There aren't very many hotels in Santa Fe available in this price range, so save yourself time and book this one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank OregonCountry

We are happy to hear your visit to our hotel was a favorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

I checked in thought hotel was nice. Coming home from dinner I parked my car near the pool within view of my room and out of NO WHERE a man came and started attacking my trieng to pull me out of my car and grab my purse. He stole jewelry off my hand and tried to take the necklace off my neck. Thank heacven my children had gone ahead of me. They heard my screams. My children started screaming and my daughter threw something at the man. My 13 yr old son approached the man as he had dragged me out of my car and was hitting me in the head. My son started yelling and the man began to run away. Both me and my son attempted to follow this man yet he fled into the neighborhood behind. The police and dogs tracked him for a distance.

I WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL NOR BRING FAMILY. I BELIEVE THE STAFF KNOWS THEY HAVE MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN THEY DO AND WILL NOT ADMIT IT. THEY SAID THIS WAS A FIRST. AFTER WARDS I HEARD OTHERS SPEAK OF PEOBLEMS THAT THEY HAVE HAD. DOORS ATTEMPTED TO BE BROKE INTO ETC. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!! I AM JUST GLAD ME AND MY CHILDREN ARE SAFE!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank flipfloppingfamily

I am very sorry to hear you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. I know being attacked is a devastating experience. I understand our staff attempted to do all that they could to comfort you through this experience. I am pleased that you were able to stay with us for one more night to get your self rested for your continued travels. We have been informed by the security guard that further incidence of vagrancy have not occurred to their knowledge. Thank you for sharing your experience. It is helpful to receive your view.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Great value! Loved our room and we had nice views of the beautiful sunsets every evening. Cozy courtyard with umbrellas by the pool and another grassy courtyard under the trees behind the pool--we had a great time playing cards there and having a snack. Indoor pool & hot tub was nice but my teen son and I had the best time playing ping pong in the indoor rec room. Our kingbed room was small but had a great Santa Fe feel to it. This is an older hotel (& no elevator) but rooms were clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was less than 10 minutes from the Plaza. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

It is a great pleasure for me to hear you took the time to enjoy our ping pong table with your teenage son. Bravo to you!

Reviewed August 12, 2010

I made a reservation based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. I drove up and saw the place and it looked awful and not safe. It was very old and the rooms were accessed from the outside so I also didn't think it looked very safe. Bad neighborhood too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

I am sorry you did not stay with us. If you are not favorable to outside entrances, our motel would not have meet your needs. It was good you had the foresight to make that decision before checking in. I am pleased we were able to get your reservation cancelled with not cost to you.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Average is not a bad thing. This hotel is pleasingly retro with carved wood doors and large vaulted ceilings. The room was very clean, beds not luxurious but not bad. Average. With this hotel, I got what I expected to get from a room at this price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Flat_Earther
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed the night with my two young children. The pool and jacuzzi was great for us and the continental breakfast selection was great as well. Price was great as well espieically if you become a member of the hotel chain. Nice garden area as well and staff was polite.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family