“This is a great place to stay with family economically.”

Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Ribera, New Mexico
“This is a great place to stay with family economically.”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel was fabulous for my family, we rented a room with kitchenette for under $100-incredible value. It is an older place yet very well maintained. Someone there cares about details from the grounds to the food for breakfast. It is very clean, charming, cozy, the pool and spa area are very clean and beautiful with plenty of spaces to sit, read or have a picnic with the family. The continental breakfast was great, fresh fruti, organic almond butter, good coffee and juices everything looked fresh unlike other hotels for this price. The staff was professional yet warm and friendly. The location is very close to shopping, food and restaurants, and only a couple of miles from downtown. The landscaping of the grounds was also well maintained and beautiful. All in all I don't think anyone can beat this deal!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Elorac50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We are traveling cross country and try to stay in small motels as much as possible. This one is great! Nice green area, patio and indoor pool. Staff was very helpful in guiding us wherever we asked. laundry on site for guests which is a must when you're traveling for weeks on end. For the $ it can't be beat!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank debmcd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Although the room appeared clean and neat, the exterior was really in poor condition. I also would not trust using the pool. In the description, this hotel is listed as no pets; however, when I got there, there was a dog in the room below me and a cat in the room next to me. When I complained, I was told that they can't discriminate against pets.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancy28970
Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Traveling with my 3 older sisters was pressure enough. But this hotel seemed to satisfy all of our needs. There was plenty of room, kitchen and a couch, kinda like a home away from home. After the second night, I hustled to get the luggage loaded to head to Laughlin. We made frequent stops at casinos along the way, and at about 1 1/2 hours out of Santa Fe while in a casino, my sister informed me the hotel called her to inform her a backpack stayed behind. I knew which backpack it was, and my sister noticed a worried look on my face. The backpack contained over $3000. worth of cameras and equipment with no lock on it. I wanted to have faith, but figured without a lock, something is bound to turn up missing. Being only a few hours away, we decided to head back and get it. We decidied to spend another night in Santa Fe, and as we checked in, I looked through my pack and to my amazement, nothing was missing. This place has honest individuals working for them, and I can never say Thank You enough.

• Stayed April 2010
6 Thank Jomar250
Al buquerque, NM
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I don't usually stay at ABVI because of a bad experience in the past, but if you want clean rooms, a nice pool sana area, and a divers complimentary breakfast at a good price, this is the place to stay. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank tukt37
Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Very Very Clean. A little out of date but who cares when you don't feel like bugs will be crawling all over you at night. Very nice ammenities too. Continental breakfast was superb with lots of choices and organic stuff too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jkbhcb
California
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stay here every time we visit Santa Fe. We always leave relaxed and happy, because:
• Reasonable price. When in Santa Fe we like to spend our money out enjoying the town and pueblos and restaurants. Staying here lets us buy jewelry and art, taste tequillas @ Maria's, and eat @ Pasqual's!
• Comfortable and clean. Rooms aren't fancy but have great beds, a minifridge, and are spotless. Bathrooms shine. We've stayed here at least 60 nights, never seen a bug or had any complaints.
• The staff is friendly, professional, and full of local tips
• Convenient location, just a few miles from Plaza. A bus stop and grocery are nearby, also some OK restaurants including East Indian
• Big year-round swimming pool, hot tub, and ping pong keep kids happy
• Rooms are quiet if set back from street (anyway, all of Santa Fe is quiet by 10 pm)
• Best free breakfast in town. Good coffee, a variety of fresh breakfast food choices, and none of them involve chili peppers!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family