Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe
Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I don't usually stay at ABVI because of a bad experience in the past, but if you want clean rooms, a nice pool sana area, and a divers complimentary breakfast at a good price, this is the place to stay. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank tukt37
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe

Reviewed March 4, 2010

Very Very Clean. A little out of date but who cares when you don't feel like bugs will be crawling all over you at night. Very nice ammenities too. Continental breakfast was superb with lots of choices and organic stuff too.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jkbhcb
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stay here every time we visit Santa Fe. We always leave relaxed and happy, because:
• Reasonable price. When in Santa Fe we like to spend our money out enjoying the town and pueblos and restaurants. Staying here lets us buy jewelry and art, taste tequillas @ Maria's, and eat @ Pasqual's!
• Comfortable and clean. Rooms aren't fancy but have great beds, a minifridge, and are spotless. Bathrooms shine. We've stayed here at least 60 nights, never seen a bug or had any complaints.
• The staff is friendly, professional, and full of local tips
• Convenient location, just a few miles from Plaza. A bus stop and grocery are nearby, also some OK restaurants including East Indian
• Big year-round swimming pool, hot tub, and ping pong keep kids happy
• Rooms are quiet if set back from street (anyway, all of Santa Fe is quiet by 10 pm)
• Best free breakfast in town. Good coffee, a variety of fresh breakfast food choices, and none of them involve chili peppers!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank BenThereQuest
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Needed an affordable, cozy place to stay in the town of Santa Fe for some "Rest and Relaxation" as well as outdoor fun, and America's Best Value Lamplighter Inn totally fit the bill. Located right on Santa Fe's main road, it's convenient to and from the slopes of the Santa Fe ski summit, great shopping, and the fabulous artistry of downtown Santa Fe. The room was spacious enough to store all my outdoor gear and I spent several comfortable nights well-rested for the fun filled days I had exploring the town and surrounding mountains. The staff were knowledgable and courteous, and helped me discover yet another appreciation of Santa Fe's charm. I would definitely recommend staying here for pleasure and would have enjoyed it all the same if I needed to be in town on business.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank gotakeahike
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I booked on reviews. It was good for a stop over but not for two nights. The rooms were setuop all wrong. The master bedroom was where the bathroom was so the rest of the parties had to go through our bedroom to get to the toilet or shower. The bathroom needs excess from both rooms. No privacy. There was no glass in the guest room only a plastic panel. Someone must have broken the glass and that was a cheap fix.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Action33
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My friends and I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn and had a pleasant stay. We loved the indoor pool and hot tub! The pool is larger than what most other hotels offer, and was clean. The pool is enclosed in greenhouse type of room that is full of tropical plants. The rooms are larger than a typical room. We asked for a room with a new mattress and were surprised to learn that our room had a new Pillowtop mattress. We were impressed at the clean and comfortable accommodations. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank SouthwestPapa
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I thought this was an average hotel in most respects, however, I also saw a couple of cockroaches so although I did like the place and it is centrally located I wouldn't recommend this hotel. After reading the managements response to one of the other reviews, I felt compelled to review my stay.
They made it sound as though the other review was an anomally, I had a similar stay bugs included.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo