Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Shingle Springs, California
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stay at the Lamplighter Inn in Santa Fe two to three times per month for work. The reason I keep coming back is the cleanliness of the hotel. The decor and rooms are dated, but everything works and the hotel is very clean. The owners are always very friendly and helpful. They always work with me to fit me in with my sometimes short term booking behavior.
In short, I really like this hotel and the people, it's one of the best values out there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Vinita, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Room was small but worked for the two of us. Front Desk was very friendly. Very large pool and a hot tub.

Breakfast was continental (no meat), but Waffles and Blueberry Waffles, Bread, Muffins and Bagels, REAL PLATES and SILVERWARE (how rare is that?)

Where else can you find a Recycle Trash can in the room and a bottle opener in the bathroom? :)

Really, the Room was clean, bedding was clean and neat. Had a good nap after a hike in the mountains and a good nights sleep.

Exercise room with Ping Pong Table.

We would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank b k s
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

After staying in Hamptons throughout our vacation, it was surprisingly clean. Unfortunately, the mattresses were not of good quality and uncomfortable . There are no USB connections. The bathroom needs a place to put shampoo and soap.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Since we were remodeling our condo and power was out for a couple days we stayed at this local hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The pool and landscaping were immaculate, and the breakfast was great. Room had a microwave and refrigerator with cold air conditioning. Room was very clean and looked recently updated with new paint and fixtures. I will recommend this hotel in the future for visiting relatives and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Don't have words for this place. everything was opposit of what it looked from out side. pool great. Breakfast even better than some of those expensive hotels. And when you enter in room that is so santa fe. this will be my permanent stop in santa fe.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ketan D
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My name is Jessica, and I was visiting family in Santa Fe and I loved this place! I stayed for a week and every morning breakfast was delightful! I was greeted with a warm welcome smile, I had a wide variety to choose from! There was a plenty off attractions near by to keep me busy while family was at work! I would definitely go back and stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank JessieH71
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I will admit, when we first arrived, I was concerned. The other reviews were positive and that is why I chose the Lamplighter. Yes, the hotel is older, and not large. But what a pleasant surprise!!! Clean, fresh paint everywhere, friendly, helpful staff. Great proximity to everything- we could even stop to drop things off and refresh in the middle of our day. The room was small but comfortable. The pool was clean and well kept with lots of foliage. Breakfast was adequate. I would definitely stay here again. I am glad I gave it a chance because it was the best hotel experience of our entire trip. Thanks Lamplighter!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family