Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe
$199
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)
$229
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$206
$189
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$197
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
$319
  • Pool
All reviewsping pong tablehot tubbreakfast roomrecreation roomloved the indoor poolwafflesan older hotelpool areacoffee machinefree breakfastboiled eggswould definitely stay here againfridge and microwavequiet roomstayed nightsnice stayminute drive
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Spend a few dollars more and get something newer. How they got a 4 dots on Trip Advisor is a mystery to us. The girl at the front desk called the manager and he said we could check out and he'd refund our money. It was after 8:30.We got back from dinner and went to use the jacuzzi which was why we chose the hotel. It looked like kids had used it for a toilet and I turned the jets on to see and nothing. Manager doesn't care.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Jiggsandmaggie
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We spent two nights here in late Feb. We were attracted by the reviews & the price. It is right on Cerrillos road which ends in old town and takes you to I-25 going the other direction,The rooms are a good size and quite comfortable. We were given a room facing the street on the second floor which is noisy & the walls are thin. Avoid this location, ask for a room in the back part of the of the hotel away from the noise. It is an older hotel but it was clean & served our needs. the breakfast is between a continental & a hot breakfast, no eggs or meats. However they use real plates & cups not styrofoam, To get into the breakfast area you need your key which seldom works, we required some one to let us in each morning. we feel we got a good value for the location

Room Tip: Get a location behind the main hotel away from the noise
3  Thank 28Huronshores
Reviewed February 28, 2014

It has taken me 2 months to write this review. Our stay was 10 days at Christmas. Although the rate was "too good to be true", we should have realized what we were getting.
ALL things considered, I think the rate we paid to be too high for the quality.
Santa Fe is an old town, and most things in it are old. While I didn't mind worn out, I definitely was bothered by "filthy". All that being said, we still stayed in the room as we had no choice at that point, unless we wanted to completely cancel our trip.
1. Exterior - poor to run down, Not inviting (not that this has ANYTHING to do with it
2. Advertised "indoor pool" was in an unattached atrium. Therefore you had to leave the balmy 90 degree temp with NO towels and NO bathroom and go OUTSIDE to your room, Not smart.
3. Breakfast - decent to good depending on day. Had to have key to get in though, so all members of party had to go at once or be prepared to stand outside in the freezing cold until you could find someone inside willing to get up and unlock the door.
4. Area - scary. period.
5. General location. Fairly near everything we wanted, including Ski Santa Fe (which is marvelous)
6. Room - Hmmm. Terrible? Definitely dirty. Beds definitely old. Our matresses were date stamped May 2008. The room itself had a horrid odor, which we finally attributed to the water filter under the sink that had been leaking so long that they had stuck a dishtowel under it, which was dripping wet and moldy, and had been for some time. To get an idea of the problem, I will post a photo and one of the bathroom vent, which was disgustingly nasty. We had a kitchen unit and it was large and comfortable enough for 2 adults and 2 children. The internet never worked for more than 3 hours out of any day we were there. The carpets were somewhat clean, but had not been really cleaned in a long time, had a serious odor, which, when combined with the sink issue was nauseating to be sure. BUT, I cooked (in pots from home) daily which helped cover up the odor, along with canned air fresheners made it tolerable. It was one of those places though, that everytime you considered putting something down or sitting down, you questioned whether or not it was a smart move. The DVD did NOT work and after repeated attempts to get someone in there my husband finally MOVED the cabinet, changed the connections and fixed it himself. We left it like that. Didn't want the next guy to have the same problem. We were in a separate building across the street from the "HOTEL" style rooms in some type of converted apartments. We noticed that beyond ourselves the rest appeared to be permanently rented.
Would I stay there again? Never, not in my wildest dreams. Would I refer someone there? Well, I guess it depends on what you are used to and what you expect. I BOOKED THIS ROOM BASED ON REVIEWS AND WAS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
One review stated "the outside appearance was deceiving, don't rely on it" and I believed it. I should questioned it, but really wanted to believe I could get such a good deal. Not.
The ONE and only good thing about this hotel was the cleaning staff. No matter what we left, they cleaned up. I never meant for them to wash my dishes, but the first day I had left dirty ones and when we got back they were washed! I made sure to never do that again, as I feel sure that is NOT in their job description. Be sure, that they cleaned everyday, to the best of their ability, a worn out, stinky room.
I guess the point of my review is this: If you pay $60/night for a room with a kitchenette, atrium pool, free breakfast, daily maid service, you could rate this room a 3. If you expected anything else it would get one star and no where in your wildest dreams would it EVER warrant a 5. That includes dropping the price to $25/night.
CURTAINS: There were only the ones on the front windows. Thin, smelled and the linings could best be described as "tattered". It was easy to see when the sunlight hit them in the mornings.
As you can tell, we were not overjoyed with this stay. However, not so horrified that we left (but we REALLY wanted to).
***as previously mentioned in other reviews: The desk clerk/manager was virtually non-existent and the door to the "lobby" was always locked. Remember we were there 9 nights.
So, the end result is this. You must decide if cost is worth disgusting. If you want to go "on the cheap" this will do. We had no resulting illnesses from staying there. That's about the best I can say of it.

Room Tip: I never saw the rooms in the main building. This is only my description of an apartment style room facing the back of the Asian Restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 462ginas
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Close to Old Town Santa Fe and Canyon Road with easy access to the North Country, Cliff Dwellings and historic Los Alamos. Friendly staff and lovely rooms. Lovely breakfast room with ample selection for all ... even Soy Milk for our cereal !

Room Tip: Suites around the back are quiet, bright and have a lovely view of the mountain ranges and ski hills.
2  Thank Canada L
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The building is a bit old and dated, the rooms are plain and so this is not a wonderful place to hang out, but it is a decent place to sleep and shower and dress if you want to save money to do other things. It was clean enough and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast room has a nice atmosphere and the food selection was decent, biscuits and gravy, waffles, sweet rolls, cereal, boiled eggs, juice, milk, coffee and tea, pretty standard. The pool looked very nice, but my spouse was concerned about the mildew that seemed to be pretty heavy in places on the walls and roof of the pool area so she didn't want to go in. TV was old, not flat screen, although cable channel selection was good. Refrigerator was OK, no microwave.

1  Thank Grandpa777