“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Whitman, Massachusetts
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My husband and I spent a week here at the end of July. We really enjoyed it. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit and had plenty of room. The kitchen is small but adequate. Our building seemed to be full but we weren't disturbed by noise from other guests. Check-in was smooth and we really enjoyed the always available hot chocolate, coffee and juice in the lobby area. It is very close to the Plaza -- just a 5-10 minute walk. We would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Proximity to downtown
  • Disliked — Shower head in the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank Erin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
chicago
Reviewed July 1, 2007

A spacious clean one bedroom suite with living room and well equipped kitchen. It is a pleasant 5 minute walk from the center of town. The ammenities are minimal (small pool and hot tub) but this is a bargin by Santa Fe standards.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
11 Thank max544
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Recently went on a girls' getaway weekend for an overnight from CO. to Santa Fe. Arrived at the Sunterra Friday afternoon, smooth, friendly check-in. The room was much better than I had anticipated. (other reviews had mentioned cramped space and not the cleanest or not very nicely decorated). The room was a small condo with table, kitchen and sitting area, small balcony, separate sleeping area, (we had two double beds) and roomy bath area. Water pressure was good for showers. All of the furniture was new and very clean. The villas are on the edge of the historic plaza and offer free shuttle service within the three mile plaza area from early morning until 10pm. I expected a "wait" for our ride to the furthest point of the plaza from the hotel - was pleasantly surprised to find that as soon as I had asked for a ride the driver stepped from behind the counter and we were off. Very pleasant staff. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but did see the area - it looked very clean and inviting. Also due to the short visit we didn't cook but did stash our water bottles in the full size fridge. I would recommend this place to anyone and would return myself. Also I highly recommend dinner at the Pranza Italian Grille followed by blues/jazz music and dancing at Fatso Willie's on the corner near the restaurant.

• Liked — The spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
13 Thank Ecolorado
ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2007

Unit was definitely not what we expected from a Sunterra Resort. It is a re-worked HOMEWOOD Suites hotel and the accomodtions are very cramped. It is technically a suite, but more a studio. the area it is in is run down and does not give one a feeling of safety and comfort. we would not come back and we actually checked out 5 days early

• Liked — the bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — don't go there
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank vagabond_grandma
Dallas, TX
Reviewed November 8, 2006

We booked this sight unseen and expected a moderately okay condo rental. WOW! What a bargin in expensive Santa Fe.
The one bedroom condo was in excellent condition, great gas fireplace, balcony and clean, clean, clean. The staff and management were helpful and nice. The free shuttle at your disposal was an added bonus. I highly recommend this condo rental to anyone, first timer or repeat visitor to Santa Fe. So convenient, only 4 blocks to the town square. Loved this place.

• Liked — well maintained condo
  • Disliked — room had no computer access
  • Tips/Secrets — try this place once and you'll go back
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
16 Thank JamieJill
Mercer Island, WA
Reviewed October 28, 2006

This is a timeshare condo set up that rents out condo units. A homey, lived-in feel.

2 peculiarities:
- We booked through Expedia and our floor got no housekeeping. My parents booked through another service and did receive housekeeping.
- The full kitchen did not include an oven -- which to me, when cooking, is a major drawback

There is a separate lounge area with free wifi access, 24 hour beverages, games including pool, 2 computers for public use, and lots of seating.

Paul, a very friendly front desk guy, drove us cheerfully to and fro with the Sunterra shuttle.

About a 10 minute walk to the central plaza.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
10 Thank MercerIslandMom
Chicago
Reviewed September 12, 2006

Despite an unpleasant check-in experience, I truly enjoyed my stay at the Villas de Santa Fe. I arrived on a Thursday evening in the pouring rain with no offer from the front desk to have someone assist me with my luggage or anything. I had to move my car to another parking lot that was filled (as in no more parking spaces left). Luckily Eric, part of the staff that was helpful and on outdoor parking lot duty that evening, had me park in a restricted area until a parking spot became available, assisted me with my luggage and reassured me that I could move my car in the morning and wished me a pleasant evening. That's customer service (front desk should take note!!). The room was clean, spacious and very adequate and the hotel was a close distance from the plaza. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and the price was right for Santa Fe.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo