Inn of the Governors
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
  • Restaurant
1,745 results
All reviewsdel charrofree parkingafternoon sherrycookiesfree sherrydaily credittea hourflower boxesbreakfast buffetkiva fireplaceheated poolmini suitewithin walking distancetwo blocksparking lotsouthwestern decorcharming hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Coming from ABQ over the Turquoise Trail, Route 14 leads you almost directly to the hotel, which is ideally located along the Santa Fe River and its pleasant promenade, and within short walking distance of the Plaza.
Upon our arrival at 3pm, our room wasn't yet ready, but we were welcomed in a very friendly way and proposed to check already in, in order to avoid queues later in the afternoon.
The complimentary parking at the hotel is very suitable, since all major sights of Santa Fe (except Canyon Road) are within walking distance.
Our room was a jewel. Two large queen size beds, 2 wardrobes, an open fire, stylishly decorated in red tints, Native American textiles and pottery.
The swimming pool is quietly located next to the hotel lobby and surrounded by flowers and plants. But make sure to go early to the pool if you want a chair, since there are only a few ones.
The lobby is cosy and nicely decorated, offering free internet for hotel guests and in the afternoon complimentary sherry and teatime.
The concierge is perfectly informed about the restaurant scene of Santa Fe, gave perfect advice for a restaurant choice and made the necessary reservations.
Complimentary breakfast at the Governors Inn means a real breakfast buffet with a large choice of fresh fruit, bread, potatoes, bacon, scrambled eggs,... and is served in a pleasant and shady patio.
Only negative point: make sure you take some ear plugs with you, since we heard water running, showers and cooling engines when in our bed.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harmonie
Reviewed August 1, 2009

overall a great place with some staffing problems. the concierge seems to be in the wrong position. he booked some dinner reservations for us, but when we asked about the resturants, he didn't know about them because he never eats at the fine dinning places, he just showed a menu or a website. also, when we wanted to book anything besides dinner, he just gave us a phone number, not what REAL concierge would do.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank candidez1
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I first booked this trip right through the inn of the goveners for over 800 for 3 nights. I found it for 500 on one of the travel sites. I called the inn and they wouldn't drop there price. So I cancelled and rebooked. The only complant that I would have is since I rebooked through a internet site I bet my wife they would put us in a room on the street which is one of the complaints I have read about the loud street noise. So we got there and of course we had the room on the street but it really wasn't bad. There were a couple of loud cars that went by but for the most part I didn't even notice the street. I would say if you are a light sleeper and or go to be early I wouldn't want to stay in that room. The rooms were clean, breakfast was good for a buffet, and we were centrally located. I loved that they had a bar attached to the hotel with good cheap food and a great crowd. The hotel crowd was a little older but didn't bother us. I think the older crowd comes for the sherry at 4 every afternoon. The pool was great. All in all I can't complain but I am not sure I would be writing this same review if I had paid the original 800. I would stay here again if the price was right!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MileHighNick
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I recently returned from Sante Fe. The Inn of the Governors was great!!! Excellent location. Breakfast buffet was excellent..Lots of choices...Computers available with good internet sevice...

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank blondie7309
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel and it was in a great location, easy walking distance to important areas around the plaza in Santa Fe. It is very nicely decorated and landscaped inside and out in a southwestern style with fresh flowers in boxes around every floor. I didn't use the pool but it also was in a very pretty setting. The service at the hotel was excellent and attentive. The complimentary hot breakfast was tasty and plentiful. At night the restaurant is a major gathering place. They have a small but reasonably priced menu (chile cheese hamburger plate for $7.50)The only negatives were the extremely tight parking (I mean you have to really pay attention to how you park and large vehicles can cause real problems) and my room, though lovely, was a little small. For me by myself it was fine. I got a great rate from Priceline which made it all the better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo