Inn of the Governors
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)
$229
$189
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$159
$239
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Restaurant
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$215
$170
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$147
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$289
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$299
$169
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

1,775 results
All reviewsdel charrofree parkingafternoon sherrycookiesfree sherrydaily credittea hourflower boxesbreakfast buffetkiva fireplaceheated poolmini suitewithin walking distancetwo blocksparking lotcharming hotelsouthwestern decor
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I booked this hotel based on the reviews here at Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed! This was a charming inn tucked away in the high desert historical community of Santa Fe. I have spent time in the F&B industry and was taken aback at how well this place is run. I don't see how they offer this quality of service with the value of this hotel. They are located right in the middle of the plaza. They offer free parking, complimentary breakfast, and a delightful 4:00 sherry and tea with cookies. This provides a nice opportunity to slip into the warm and inviting pool to relax. The restaurant boasts the best green chile burger in town and indeed it is! I noticed many locals frequent this place and the bar traffic is brisk. The margaritas are wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sugarbooger2000
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed with my in-laws for two nights. It was my first time to Santa Fe, and I found the hotel very close to everything in the plaza area. Apparently, I paid thirty more dollars than the other reviewers on this page! We paid 162 a night. But, we did stay on a Thursday and Friday night.

The room is clean and the breakfast is good. My in-laws really enjoyed the room. I found it to be nice and clean but not exceptional. However, I would not pay more than 162 for the classic/traditional rooms. But, if you could get it for this amount or less, I think that its a good deal.

The restaurant is very good and a great deal for the area!

I will stay there again upon my return. I would also like to mention that the hotel service is far above that of most hotels in this price range. The staff went out of their way to give us directions and point out areas of interest. They are an excellent and make the visit worth it!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank rhodac8
Reviewed June 11, 2009

We were extremely pleased with our stay and the value. We didn't shop for a deal, but on the hotel's website we got a lovely room for $134/night for two adults, which included free parking, tea and sherry in the afternoon and a hot breakfast buffet. The breakfast was a big surprise - two kinds of eggs, two meats, green chile, hash browns, oatmeal (not the packaged kind), a lot of fruit, pastries, cereal, 3 types of juice, one morning quesadillas, the other morning French toast. The coffee was very good.

The room was lovely, and included decor blending the Native American, Spanish, missionary-Catholic and prairie cultures. Even small details were well thought out - beautiful tile work in the bathroom, hammered tin accessories (trash can, tissue dispenser, etc), two luggage racks with room to open both and still move around in the room, 8 feather pillows and a soft down duvet, lace curtain, lovely wood doors to the bathroom, a laundry basket. Without these accents the room would have been adequate, with the toilet and bathtub in one room and the sink connected to the sleeping area. It was nice that in this room, the sink area had a door, so that I could sleep while my husband shaved.

We were unable to hook up to the so-called free wireless internet, and we didn't find anything worth watching on tv - and we were glad that these features weren't available. There were several computers in the lobby if we really had to get online (we didn't).

The maids straightened the room very nicely, to the point of lining up our shoes neatly under our suitcases and hanging up the jackets we had left on the bed.

There was a lot of noise outside the room early in the morning - some kind of loud truck pumping something, and lots of birds (our room was on an outer wall covered with ivy where many birds have nests). The noise didn't bother us, and the hotel provided earplugs.

This made Santa Fe for us - quality, affordable, attractive accomodations in the heart of the old town.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aujourdhui2
Reviewed June 8, 2009

the room:
we booked the cheapest room they have (which was 139/night for week nights), which landed us a room with two queens in a wing close to the street. The decorations in the room were much nicer than any hotel i have been in in this price range. nothing like the standard crap you get in a hilton or hyatt property; it had a very unique, local flavor. beds were comfortable and robes are nice too. one thing that stood out: the cleanliness of the room/bathroom. It actually smelled like cleaning supplies when I got there (not in a bad way, in a clean way). I will differ with most reviewers on the noise issue--it was not a problem at all. whoever said its located on a busy street must live on a farm or something, because there is no such thing as a busy road in santa fe. you wont need earlplugs....

the amenities:
we loved the pool area--very relaxing. did get a little crazy one day with kids though. I cannot say enough about the included FULL breakfast. It is a great spread, buffet style, with excellent green chile to dump on your eggs, sausage, or anything else. great coffee too. Im a huge breakfast fan, so I chose to eat heavy in the morning and just snack for lunch, which saves tons of money. Also, if you decide to hang around the property, definitely do lunch or light dinner at DelCharro, which is right inside the hotel. For a mere 13 bucks we got their awesome salmon wrap, turkey club, and great cole slaw to eat at the poolside while drinking their 5 dollar margaritas. sweet deal. the hotel also offers wireless for free. parking is free and available, and secured thru the night it seems.

location:
right in the heart of all the action. you are not right on the plaza, but about 3 blocks away, which is great for a short walk to any major attraction in the city. blocks from the cathedral, loretto chapel, plaza, tons of shops, canyon road district, and gaudelupe street. couldnt be better and still be affordable.

overall:
absolutely would stay here again. the basic room is great, but on the small side; perfect for 2 people however. Im sure the suites with fireplaces are nice too...maybe someday. If we come back to santa fe, i would not look elsewhere, even if they raised prices substantially. It was just that good!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FLguy22
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Just spent five nights at the Inn of the Governors in Sante Fe. I would agree that the hotel is lovely, and well kept. The location is great - for the first two days we did not need to drive our car at all. The room was nice and very clean and we love having robes in the room. We (3 of us) had overpacked and it was a bit tight with all our suitcases, there were not many places to put them in the room. The beds are quite close to the walls so if you are on the wall side of the bed it's a tight shimmy out. But all in all I would return again. As others have said , the breakfast is very nice and they had the best coffee in the dining room. It was a great way to start the day. We loved the one morning we had breakfast on the outdoor patio with the overhead heaters and fireplace going to keep us warm. The staff were all super pleasant and accomodating.

I have many friends who hope to visit Sante Fe and I am suggesting to all that they stay here. If you are traveling with someone underage (my daughter was 18), note that you cannot eat in the bar; you'll have to eat at the restaurant at the outdoor patio. I thought that was a bit odd since she was with her parent. It was a bit chilly the night we had to do that, but the great appetizers and margaritas helped to make up for it. I hope I get to return soon to both Sante Fe and Inn of the Governors. So much to see and do in Sante Fe - we only scratched the surface.

Check Expedia for price discounts and call the hotel directly for a price match. We were able to book our room for 3 adults for $120 per night. Best price and stay of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family