Inn of the Governors
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
  • Restaurant
1,745 results
All reviewsdel charrofree parkingafternoon sherrycookiesfree sherrydaily credittea hourflower boxesbreakfast buffetkiva fireplaceheated poolmini suitewithin walking distancetwo blocksparking lotsouthwestern decorcharming hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked and then upgraded to a room with door to inside hallway as opposed to outside breezeway door. After arriving I saw that any room would be great. We were two women traveling and felt safe and secure the entire time at this hotel and in Santa Fe. The rooms are pretty and the open lobby has lots of charm, the heated pool while not huge was never crowded and heated beautifully. Its location is excellent, you can stroll to everything, and quiet at night. The staff was helpful, friendly and gracious. Thanks to Ken for restaurant recommendations. The buffet breakfast that is complementary is terrific, starting at 6.30 am made it perfect for getting out and about early, I will recommend this place to all my friends and will stay there again, not one negative, its lovely.

Room Tip: A variety of room sizes, ask booking staff for recommendations
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shawniganlake
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place located just off the Plaza. Staff was amazing!
Kids were happy because there was a nice pool, adults happy to sit in hopping bar or have a drink outdoors in the sitting area or next to pool. The bar was packed with not only guests but locals too- great place to hang.
Breakfast was included and excellent.
Walk to all major places.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Kerrybarefoot
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights in a King deluxe room. The room was charming- in addition to the bed & bath (2 sinks) , it had a Kiva fireplace,sitting area with a leather couch and arm chair and a balcony with 2 chairs. The decor was Southwestern and very attractive. Parking is free and the inn is walking distance to just about everything in Santa Fe. Once we parked the car, we didn't move it again until we left to go home! The breakfast (included in the room rate) is first rate; we had 2 types of eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, danishes, chicken quesadillas, etc. There was enough there that you could easily skip lunch! In the afternoon the inn offered sherry, various teas and cookies. There's also a heated pool in the courtyard. The staff is very nice and went out of their way to help us with restaurant recomendations, etc. (The inn is walking distance to some really excellent restaurants as well!). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would welcome the chance to come back!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a deluxe room, you'll be glad you did!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebfromNC
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. We walked to dinner almost every night and only used our car two days out of our five-day stay. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable and it was extremely quiet the entire time we were there in spite of the inn seeming to be full at the time. There were two sinks-one in and one outside the bathroom, which made it easy for each of us to get ready in the morning at the same time. There was fairly good quality Wolfgang Puck coffee in our room with the coffee maker, with real cream, which is always appreciated. The shower had nice water pressure. We didn't use the balcony at all since it was in the direct sun the entire time and the view was the parking lot and the building next door. I think the rate of the room was very good for what we got, especially if you ask for the AAA rate (I don't recall seeing that advertised on their web site, but they'll give you the rate if you ask). The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Probably the best one I have had in a hotel that was included in the rate.

However, the restaurant attached to the inn is a little odd to me. You can have dinner in the outdoor, covered patio but the menu is all bar food and the bar in the restaurant is a total dive-rowdy local construction workers coming in after work and a sign on the way to the restroom that lists house rules that include no inappropriate public display of affection and no cursing (they appeared to be serious). My husband and I just wanted to have a cocktail, talk and maybe listen to some nice music but had to walk down to the piano bar of the Vanessie for that. I have nothing against a good dive bar but why would you want that on your hotel property? And I'm sorry, NOT the best margarita in town, no matter what they say.

Also, be forewarned about the inn's parking. It's great that they are one of the few, if not the only of the hotels in the downtown Santa Fe area that offer free parking for their guests, but there is a reason for that. Unless you are driving a Toyota Prius or a Mini Cooper, you are going to have a very difficult time parking your car every night (one of the reasons we tried very hard not to use our car while we were there). I can't even really describe the design of the lot but it's pretty poor and the parking spots are too cramped together. There is an underground parking area with a ceiling so low my husband had to duck to walk to the car. We did damage to our rental car parking our car there the first night and, while it was our fault, it would not likely have happened if it was easier to navigate their lot.

I think this inn is a very good value and not a bad place, but I honestly don't know that I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jamarq
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I slept soundly every night here. Had a fireplace in my room with plenty of firewood to be had out in the hall. Every member of the staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful. Decent food. Easy to walk to the Plaza and other downtown spots.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business