“Oh what a Surprise and Extremely Happy!!”

Inn of the Governors
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Such ambiance to this hotel. The rooms are decorated so nicely. Centrally located to walkable sites in town. The all inclusive breakfast to die for.. far from your typical continental. Also the bar restaurant exteremly affordable. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lacm59
There are newer reviews for Inn of the Governors

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were not terribly happy the first night as the noise from the pub was a little loud in our room. We told the front desk, then went out for the day. When we came back in the afternoon they had moved our stuff to a room in the back which was very quiet, Wonderful customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank missct
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Definitely not one if the big hotel/spa experiences, but very nice staff, nice extras like Sherry and cookies and tea 4-5 pm. Definitely would recommend upgrade to mini suite for $30/ night for a roomy relaxing room to really enjoy. Other rooms were more " motel 6" style. Liked that breakfast was hearty and included, tea available all day long. Very clean and great daily service. In- house restaurant just ok. front desk very helpful. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff at the front desk were very helpful with recommendations, etc. The room was lovely and the breakfast was the best free (included) breakfast we can remember.
Beautiful decor. It is an older hotel so the bathroom was a bit small but we really loved the ambience and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, with great staff in a great location. The free parking alone, in the centre of town, is worth the price of admission. I love that the free wifi was not a hassle, no passwords and logging on every 3 seconds. Breakfast was delicious, service was great. Afternoon sherry was a pleasure. I really appreciated the convenient computers in the lobby. Honestly everything was great.

In addition to this, due to a flight saga, I arrived and checked in to my room at 6am - I was so worn out I practically fell asleep on the reception desk. I expected to be charged for the 'night' even though I had not actually slept in my room and I was just so delighted to see that they did not charge me for those few hours. This is the kind of courtesy that makes travelers like me want to tell everyone to stay there. Bravo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mmqc2
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Clearly there is an emphasis on service here. Lots of "extras."
A year round heated swimming pool. Fireplaces in the grill and the two rooms where breakfast was served. A superb breakfast buffet with gourmet home made muffins in the morning. Covered and underground parking. Steps to the plaza and other shops. And the rooms? We stayed on the governor's wing...with a king bed, pull out sofa, kiva fireplace and balcony. Beautifully appointed....very charming. Also, they were offering a special of $15.00 off dinner at their already reasonably priced grill. This was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Minnesotamon
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First off, I would like to say, I really enjoyed Santa Fe - the people, food, location and art were amazing. We started off renting an adobe near Canyon for the first 1/2 of the week and then stayed at the Inn of the Governors for the second 1/2 of the week. The Inn of the Governors was a great deal in Santa Fe. We booked through the website for the hotel and was able to get one of the smaller rooms (212) for $139 (not including taxes). Our booking also included free wi fi, free parking, free breakfast and a $25 credit at Del Charro (hotel's bar), for food each evening. The food in Del Charro may not be fancy, but it is affordable and tasty. All food was charged to the room, including tip and the $25 credit was taken off successfully each day. Also, the smaller room did not bother us at all. We liked having the fresh air. We did not find it noisy. Walking to the Plaza was very easy. The only thing that did not work was the hair dryer which I would have called down and gotten another one, however my fellow traveler had brought a hairdryer, which I used instead! Also, I was able to print off our boarding passes in the lobby. I would stay there again. Good times!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends