“They get everything right . . .”

Inn of the Governors
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Toronto
“They get everything right . . .”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, with great staff in a great location. The free parking alone, in the centre of town, is worth the price of admission. I love that the free wifi was not a hassle, no passwords and logging on every 3 seconds. Breakfast was delicious, service was great. Afternoon sherry was a pleasure. I really appreciated the convenient computers in the lobby. Honestly everything was great.

In addition to this, due to a flight saga, I arrived and checked in to my room at 6am - I was so worn out I practically fell asleep on the reception desk. I expected to be charged for the 'night' even though I had not actually slept in my room and I was just so delighted to see that they did not charge me for those few hours. This is the kind of courtesy that makes travelers like me want to tell everyone to stay there. Bravo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mmqc2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Clearly there is an emphasis on service here. Lots of "extras."
A year round heated swimming pool. Fireplaces in the grill and the two rooms where breakfast was served. A superb breakfast buffet with gourmet home made muffins in the morning. Covered and underground parking. Steps to the plaza and other shops. And the rooms? We stayed on the governor's wing...with a king bed, pull out sofa, kiva fireplace and balcony. Beautifully appointed....very charming. Also, they were offering a special of $15.00 off dinner at their already reasonably priced grill. This was a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Minnesotamon
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First off, I would like to say, I really enjoyed Santa Fe - the people, food, location and art were amazing. We started off renting an adobe near Canyon for the first 1/2 of the week and then stayed at the Inn of the Governors for the second 1/2 of the week. The Inn of the Governors was a great deal in Santa Fe. We booked through the website for the hotel and was able to get one of the smaller rooms (212) for $139 (not including taxes). Our booking also included free wi fi, free parking, free breakfast and a $25 credit at Del Charro (hotel's bar), for food each evening. The food in Del Charro may not be fancy, but it is affordable and tasty. All food was charged to the room, including tip and the $25 credit was taken off successfully each day. Also, the smaller room did not bother us at all. We liked having the fresh air. We did not find it noisy. Walking to the Plaza was very easy. The only thing that did not work was the hair dryer which I would have called down and gotten another one, however my fellow traveler had brought a hairdryer, which I used instead! Also, I was able to print off our boarding passes in the lobby. I would stay there again. Good times!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mayshouse
Rescue, California, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Inn of the Governors has comfy beds, super great breakfast with lots of choices and a fun bar.
The location is perfect to explore Santa Fe. Loved the new decor especially the wrilly-kigs in front.
There are greats shops and restraurants just across the street. It's also within walking distance to the train station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandi P
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We returned to the Inn of the Governors last month - this was our fourth or fifth stay. The hotel has had a recent make-over and is more comfortable than ever.
We chose a superior king - plenty of room, quiet, well appointed.
The room has a fridge, coffee maker and plenty of storage space. Bathroom is large with an ample and comfortable shower.
One of the highlights is the breakfast - many choices, regular filling of offerings, substantial space for any size of guests. There's also a sherry and tea hour in the afternoon.
Staff is gracious, helpful to a fault.
It's well located, within a couple blocks of the plaza. Very reasonably priced - excellent value.
Only issues: (1) no in-room safe; (2) no recycling.
Overall, a 99/A+ rating.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an interior corridor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tejo42
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent five nights here and was very pleased. Although I had the smaller "traditional" room (#210, with an outside corridor) it was fine. Staff were very helpful, the breakfast was good and plentiful, and the location cannot be beat! One caveat is that my friend had a room right near West Alameda and there was some construction/traffic noise. So if that's a problem for you request one that's further away. Next time I'm in town I will definitely be back here!
p.s. Thanks to Ken for the great restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Myra W
eugene, OR
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great location. We stayed in a suite with fireplace and balcony which was comfortable, large and charming. Heated outdoor pool was nice and enjoyed thoroughly by our kids. The bar has great margaritas and good food. The included breakfast was above average. Staff was accommodating and helpful with the exception of Bea who was rude, a real B in fact. Kenny was fantastic.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family