“Great food and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Castro's Restaurante Comidas - MOVED

Castro's Restaurante Comidas
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Espanola, New Mexico
“Great food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Any time my family and I eat there, we are always more than satisfied with the food we eat and the low prices we pay. The service is very good and the wait time for food is minimal. I highly recommend Castro's for a taste of real northern New Mexico cuisine.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Kelly S

San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went here on the recommendation from our hotel (across the street), and it was great. Lots of food, good price! Huge sopaipillas come with the meal, and they're delicious! We had chilli rellenos and the three enchiladas; both were plentiful and delicious! You have a choice of red or green chilli sauce on many dishes, and the sauces were both great. Guacamole is delicious. Service was very fast and very friendly. A really great meal and equally good deal.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Helenlh66
Santa Fe
“I love Castro's”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love all the food from Castro's but I must say my favorite to order are the chalupas. mmmm so good!

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank Michelle G
Santa Fe, NM
“The Real Deal in Santa Fe!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I live in Santa Fe. Castro's is much better than many of our other New Mexican restaurants. It's packed with "Nortenos" (northern New Mexicans) no matter when you go. The recent review in the Santa Fe New Mexican said it all. They gave it 3.5 "chiles" out of 4. Wonderful quest, guacamole and salsa ordered up front is a terrific starter. The chile relleno is one of the best ever. Not a gloomy mess, but crisp, lettiing the individual flavors shine through. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, don' miss the real deal in Santa Fe. Oh, did I mention the prices? Our lunch for 3 today was $30!

5 Thank hellorandy
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Amazing Value”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

You can beat the prices here. Great quantity and excellent quality and our dinner (one drink, one beer, one appetizer, two entrees) was under $30. The service is very friendly and prompt. Authentic and casual.
Two concerns: Personally, I find it really upsetting that some restaurants still allow flower vendors to walk through the tables trying to sell flowers to diners. I don't understand why restaurants won't "protect my privacy", if you will, for the length of the meal. This particular vendor was not at all pushy. He simply held his flowers up and walked through, but still, I find that a problem.
A minor issue: timing between the appetizer and entree was too tight. We had barely eaten half of the appetizer when the food arrived. Not a huge deal.
Great value, really authentic. We'll return.

Visited August 2012