“Good”

Good for: Families with children
Fresno, California
“Good”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Pretty good place to eat. Simple, fairly inexpensive and some interesting specials. You CAN eat healthily here, but why? The pizza is good!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank JPTR_13

Westminster, Colorado
“Best Italian Ever”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and I were visiting NM and really wanted to eat somewhere we've never been. We decided on this little Italian restaurant and we were in love. The flavors were amazing and the service was good. Portions were also decent size. If you're looking for a good Italian place in Santa Fe this is the place to go

2 Thank marisalynn3448
Santa Fe, NM
“Great Neighborhood Italian, Family Friendly, Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Piccolino's has become our routine Friday evening. The food is delicious and the service attentive. Don't be deterred by the crowd waiting to get in, the line moves fast. For a real New Mexican taste experience, try the Lasagna Boloco. The restaurant even has a drive through for speedier in and out experience.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank refranke
Palm Springs, California
“Always tasty and served hot”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This out of the way, but accessible restaurant is a favorite. Today I had the arrabiata spicy sauce with penne and added mushrooms. My friend has a spinich mushroom garlic sauce pasta. Both came to the table steaming from the kitchen which is a welcome change from many restaurants with inattentive waiters bringing just warm dishes to the table. Both dishes were great taste items.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank golem67
Plano, Texas
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We've enjoyed visiting Santa Fe many times over the last 25 years or so, and it's always an enjoyable trip. We love New Mexican cuisine, but one can only eat it so much and it seems to be getting harder to find a place that's not swamped with tourists, with food catering to the more timid palate. So, one evening, we thought to look for some local Italian. It was a harder than we anticipated as pizza and basic red sauced pasta is often the norm.

Then I stumbled on the TA reviews for Piccolino. Every reviewer agreed that it was a little local hole in the wall with pretty decent food. The only gripe in other reviews was about service, but we decided to give it a try.

It's located a few miles outside the Plaza area and north of popular Cerillos on Agua Fria St. The drive from downtown felt like a county drive - few streetlights and no real retail along the historic Camino Real. Then we saw it and recognized it from the descriptions in the review. Yes, it looks like a former fast food place, even to the drive thru window, but it's warm and comfortable inside, although basic with Italian tablecloths and inexpensive restaurant chairs. But the other patrons seemed to be enjoying their dinners and the aroma was very inviting.

Our young server showed up promptly with a smile. He brought the adults a glass of reasonably priced merlot, a large soft drink for the young teen and happily explained the differences between some of the pasta sauces, many of which are listed solely by name and served with choice of pasta. The menu is very reasonably priced, in fact most items are downright cheap, and fairly extensive. I opted for the pasta Michaelango, with spinach, mushrooms, and lots of garlic in olive oil. Our son went for pasta alreado, and husband went for the meat lasagna.

Our generous sized entrees were served with warm bread that tasted very fresh. Both of my guys enjoyed their entrees, although spouse said that some (like me) might find the lasagna too cheesy. I really liked my simple pasta as well, although be forewarned that "lots of garlic' means that and more. I couldn't count how many cloves had been used. I am a garlic fan, but this dish is not for the timid or those on a first date. The spinanch and mushrooms were fresh and cooked just until tender. A young mother passing our table asked what I had ordered, and our friendly young server told me she went for the same thing. Antoher employee, possibly his mother, stopped by to check on us as well.

This was a nice break from the usual Santa Fe options and all of the other patrons were obviously locals. I can't blame them - good, reasonably priced Italian, in a plain but cozy little spot. The staff was delightful to us. We'll be back on our next visit.

• Visited March 2014