“Still outstanding and its been that way a long, long time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ohori's Coffee Roasters
Ranked #15 of 39 Coffee & Tea in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Description: A locally owned micro-roasting coffee operation in Santa Fe, NM. We've roasted Arabica coffee beans with our signature roasts for over 25 years.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Still outstanding and its been that way a long, long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ohoris coffee in Santa Fe, NM (and Late for the Train in Flagstaff) are roasting and serving coffee the old school way and you can taste it. They have a common root in the Peets of the 1970-80's, but, unto themselves they continue the tradition of emphasis on taste quality in the cup.

There are few things that are the "best on the planet" -- this is one of them,.

• Visited September 2012
8 Thank Alexis J

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Skip Starbucks and head straight to Ohori's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a great place to get your caffeine fix, with both counter and drive-up service. Take a minute to go, though. Interesting items for sale in the shop, and in the one that shares the building. Ohori's is a Saturday morning tradition that makes the day even better.

• Visited June 2012
8 Thank Kim P
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Coffee (as Stated by Other Reviewers). Mediocre Service at Best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This will be one of my shorter reviews. Not too much to say about it, to be honest. I came in to Ohori's, upbeat (but never obnoxiously so), ready to see what the great reviews were all about, and said as much to the guy and gal working there.

Ordered just a large drip coffee,dark as they had it. The guy was really nice, great sense of humor, and genuinely interested if this lived up to my expectations. The bleached blonde gal found me more of a bother than a nice, paying customer. No personality at all. Never really acknowledged my presence, except to say that she's busy with someone else. That's when the guy stepped in, and saved this review from going down the toilet.

So like I said, the coffee was as great as advertised, but with the service in such disarray, I wouldn't go out of my way again. Had the service been all-around decent, I''d make it a regular stop. No doubt. The cafe itself is very pleasant to look at from inside.

Let this be a lesson to all cafes, restaurants, and the like. Service should be at LEAST as good as the food or drink. One cannot be traded for the other, and hope to keep customers coming back.

Maybe your visit will be more pleasant, though. :)

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dennis W
Denver
“I might make the trip from Denver to Santa Fe just for this coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Wow. I love coffee. And while I am probably not as expert as others who have written a review, I think the latte at this coffee joint is about the best I have ever had. I find their beans perfectly roasted and freah. I spent 48 hours in Santa Fe and as I left town, I stopped to get four pounds of Ohori's coffee. My car smelled like heaven all the way home.

7 Thank deb56Denver
Honolulu, Hawaii
“skip it...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

basically, they don't seem to know how to make a proper espresso, mocha or latte. After four visits I have given up - they always burn the coffee. Bitter and burnt is not how fresh coffee should taste. Many better cafe's nearby...

1 Thank Chancaca