“If you make it to the end of Canyon Road, stop here for dessert”
Review of Tea House

Tea House
Ranked #1 of 29 Coffee & Tea in Santa Fe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Historic District
Description: Exceptional teas from China, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, and Santa Fe, where we create our own flavored teas. Serving Breakfast/Brunch, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Fresh baked breads, scones, muffins, pastries, and cookies, including a gluten-free selection.
Colorado Springs
“If you make it to the end of Canyon Road, stop here for dessert”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We walked from our hotel, across town for lunch, and then back across and up the entire length of Canyon Road. We were ready to sit down and rest. And why not sit and have some dessert?

We snagged a table outside in the fading sun, and ordered strawberry shortcake, and a trio with chocolate cake, brownie and key lime pie. Wait was reasonable, and gave us time to recover from our day. All the desserts were delicious.

Next time we will come on purpose, as we did not try ANY of the specialty teas.

Visited October 2013
7 Thank peterandmel

hanford, ca
“Recommend the 50/50”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Espresso and Italian hot chocolate. FABULOUS. Mmm-good. We did not order food, so I cannot comment on the food. They have a bathroom which is another plus.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank myleeann
New Mexico
“A spot of tea?”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As Baby, my 3.5lb Chihuahua and constant companion, and I were wandering around the tourist section of Santa Fe, Canyon Rd, I felt the need to sit somewhere, relax and have some refreshment. Walking up the road I came across a place with outside tables in the shade with the name Teahouse, so I decided to stop in for a closer look.

I like teas like the next person but I'm neither a snob nor a fanatic about them ... I'm more of a coffee person myself so it was with great pleasure discovering they had a variety of coffee's . . . not to the extent of their teas mind you but for this COFFEE snob, I was pleased to know they had some ... and very tasty as it turned out.

Knowing most places that offer coffee make it for the American palette and most Norte Americanos drink what I consider swill water for coffee. I decided see if they offered espresso french pressed which would make the coffee tastier and for me, a much stronger coffee too. So I was pleasantly surprised when they said yes, they had some and although it was not an espresso roast it was a dark roast with espresso grind. So I ordered a cup, black as I like it, and a french baguette with creamy butter.

After sort of a long wait it came and I must say, it was very good as was the bread. The coffee was strong, tasty, hot and with the bread and butter made our respite that much better. Being outside in the shade reminded me of being in Nicaragua when I was on the island of Ometepe ... well, except for the prices but I'm afraid, here in the United States and especially in Santa Fe one can never escape that sticker shock wherever one eats.

The price for a cup of coffee and a small french baguette in this tourist part of Santa Fe came out to $15 with a tip. Now some might say that isn't too bad but in Central or South America that price would feed you twice with HUGE meals to boot. Well . . . I guess I miss those countries but if you have money to burn and want to feel like you've done an "in" thing with an "in" crowd, well this is a really nice place to visit and eat at.

The food being served looked good but worth the price? Not for this intrepid traveler . . . however for selection of teas, good food and even good coffee with a nice atmosphere, I think the Teahouse delivers on that. Oh, and they let you bring your pet too. My Baby is a service animal but they let people bring their pets and offer water for them too. One can't beat that. Would I ever return? Probably not but I did enjoy my time there. I think you will too.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Jorge S
Coppell
“Great Teahouse”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place was a great resting stop. If you like tea this is the place they have hundreds of different types of tea both cold and hot. I had the cherry pineapple and my husband and the peach with peppercorn. We shared and awesome chocolate cake. Their desserts were great and I hear they do mail orders on the tea too.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Esmelley
Colorado
“More than Tea, though that would be enough...”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am a tea snob. There, I said it. The selections available were overwhelming, but also quite fun to read through the "book", (not kidding) of drink selections. Lunch took almost as long to decide upon, as the menu was equally as interesting. We visited 3 of the 5 "Eclectic/Fusion" options offered in the filtered selections for restaurants on Tripadvisor. Teahouse is VERY close to a tie for #1. We sat outside, which was beautiful, and the inside is very serene feeling. The wait staff was attentive, friendly and helpful in describing menu items as well as drink selections.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank cheryden

Been to Tea House? Share your experiences!