“My favorite Abq restaurant”

Annapurna’s World Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #194 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe is a world-class Vegan~Vegetarian Restaurant with locations in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. We offer homestyle organic vegan food. There are many vegetarian restaurants in the nation, however, what differentiates Annapurna's is our ability to offer Ayurvedic vegan fresh food that is locally grown. Our organic vegan fresh food is offered with spices and vegetarian food that are made fresh daily. Eating on the go with fast foods can quickly lead to fast food addiction which, in turn, leads to severe imbalance of your physical and mental well-being. Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe has the cure to this everyday imbalance. It's known as the "Ayurvedic Way" or most commonly known as "The Science of Life." So when you are looking for an organic Vegan Restaurant with authentic vegetarian native foods, stop and visit Annapurna's World Vegetarian Restaurant at one of our two Vegan Restaurants in Albuquerque or Santa Fe.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I eat here all the time! I love the atmosphere of the UNM location, although it's a little "hippy-ish" for my husband. They serve vegan or vegetarian fresh ayurvedic food. My favorites are the saag paneer and mattar paneer, and the chapatis are fabulous. The chocolate date ladus are another favorite! Annapurna also supplies the kitchari for the nearby Ayurvedic Institute's cleansing program which is quite expensive. You can eat it at the restaurant much cheaper! I recently took a cooking class from the owner, Yashoda Naidoo, and saw how much thought and care she puts into her recipes. I would definitely categorize the food as cleansing, healthy, and delicious!!!

4  Thank Brooke T

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I am a meat eater. I'm not crazy about Indian cuisine. I love Annapurnas. Indian vegetarian food. I should hate it. I don't. I love this place. Great service, great prices, a diverse menu prepared just right, rich in spices. And a laid back atmosphere. A place always worth a visit anytime.

2  Thank green_chile_warrior
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I wish it was still in its old location because it would be closer, but I much prefer its newer space with the patio on the St. Michael's Corridor. The food has always been delicious, but I wish they offered salt-free options. I appreciate the educational component of their mission, offering surveys to determine one's ayurvedic body type.

8  Thank DB-Raw
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I felt spoiled by the extensive choices and good tasting vegan food and soy chai. Wish I had a vegan restaurant like this close to home. We had quesadillas and a veggie burger, and enjoyed them both.

11  Thank 2drifters
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Really good food! Really nice people. In a pretty good spot in town...not too far from historic downtown and close to the Chocolate Maven

9  Thank cindynor41