“Quaint Cottage in Old Santa Fe”
Review of Radish & Rye

Radish & Rye
Reserve with OpenTable
Radish & Rye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 595 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Description: Here at Radish & Rye, our mission is to share our love for food and drink through our Farm Inspired Cuisine. What is Farm Inspired Cuisine? It's our way to describe simple yet innovative food and drinks sourced locally whenever possible. Because we are passionate about fresh food, and proud to support local farmers and ranchers, our menu changes with the seasons. In addition to shopping at the Farmer's Market every Tuesday and Saturday, we work closely with local farmers and ranchers to build our menu from the freshest meat, dairy and produce available. Radish & Rye is more than a restaurant or even a business. It's an expression of our values, creativity, and love of this community. We hope our passion shows in our service as well as our cuisine. Whether you choose to dine in our intimate and well-appointed dining room, or to eat in our lively and inviting bar, you'll be taken care of my some of Santa Fe's finest professionals.
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The deception is when you pull into the driveway do not stop near the front door, continue around to the backyard where the main entrance is located. Once you find a parking spot it's all fabulous.
Personally I would have preferred a well made garlic mashed potatoes instead of polenta with my excellent pork chop, nonetheless the polenta was excellent. The patio dining in the front yard along a quiet street was exceptionally pleasant.

9  Thank abqlocal505

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

A friend took me to Radish & Rye the weekend we went to Santa Fe for Indian Market. I'm a transplant to Albuquerque from the NE and SE, so I've really struggled to find decent food. If you share in this experience, you HAVE to go to Radish & Rye.

When we first drove up, I saw the typical northern NM style architecture. But inside, it was just like being in Kentucky with the tall windows framed by white molding. The bar is in the front of the restaurant with a large selection of bourbons and spirits. The tables are cloth-covered. And the menu was delivered on a brown, heavy-stock paper. I almost cried, because it was reminiscent of home.

The menu is relatively small and broken into small and large plates. The choices are varied - fish, beef, etc. There were a couple of dishes that included the ever present green chile, but I was SO excited to see duck fat potato fingerlings!!!!

I ordered the hanger steak. It was as good as anything I used to get in Louisville. It was served over a small, but really flavorful salad. I also ordered a side of the potatoes, and they did not disappoint. Absolutely addicting!

My friend had the salmon. I didn't try it, but she seemed pleased, and liked the slaw it was served over.

The ONLY disappointment was the dessert, but please know it was the only slightly disappointing because I've had the real thing. I ordered the bourbon pecan pie. If you know bourbon pecan pie, it's served warm and has chocolate chips which sink to the bottom and melt, as well as a nice but light bourbon flavor. What I got was a very decent pecan pie with a really good Chantilly cream. It was fine, but it wasn't a real bourbon pecan pie.

Aside from the pie, it was one of the best meals I've had since I moved to NM. Radish & Rye is a must do if you visit Santa Fe.

11  Thank Michele L
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

The wine list was good. We enjoyed the Summer Manhattan. I had the salmon, which was lovely. My husband had the lamb, which he really enjoyed. Our feedback: make the salmon and lamb more rare, like was promised when ordered. Put less sauce/dressing on the salad so that the flavors of the ingredients are not overpowered. We sat outside, which was wonderful. I met Camille, the owner and enjoyed our conversation (white pants/non-white pants). I'd come here again!

2  Thank uflucey
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Captivated by the bourbon selection and presentation to start the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed our seat outside. I will long remember the bowl of delicious corn chowder!

9  Thank Lauchter
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Radish and Rye transplants a bit of California to New Mexico. The artistic, breezy dining room leads to a gorgeous outdoor space. The wine menu (California-heavy) pairs well with the dishes, and the service is knowledgeable and friendly.

There's something about top-notch, simple ingredients done well, and this is what Radish and Rye does best. My husband and I enjoyed a deep friend califlower appetizer, and then the salmon and the trout (respectively). Everything was fresh, perfectly prepared, and well-seasoned.

7  Thank Rhonda R