“A simply magical experience!!!”
Review of Four Kachinas Inn

Four Kachinas Inn
Ranked #6 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A simply magical experience!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here during a weekend with my best friend who was visiting from Minnesota and our experience was beyond our expectations! The room was exquisite! We stayed in a room with two double beds in beautiful brass frames decorated with colorful paintings and bright colored walls. Breakfast was awesome and Walt and Hannah and Chica made us feel so very welcome. Not a detail was missed in the decor and the hospitality. It's in a great location and very close to all of the action on the Plaza. Will definitely stay there again!! Thank you so much for the experience!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ellen051

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently during our first trip to Santa Fe. We were very happy with our room; clean comfortable, and spacious. Within walking distance to the plaza as well. Our accommodations included an AMAZING breakfast each morning, Walt made us feel right at home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary A
VENUS
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I arrived at the Inn between the two Balloon Fiesta weekends, so the old town area was packed! Crowded sidewalks, reservations required for dining, and a mob scene at sunset in La Fonda tower. So to find this little oasis with a serene courtyard and my own patio within walking distance of the Plaza was a treasure!

I am typically more of a budget traveler, but I splurged to celebrate my birthday here, and it was worth the splurge. The quality was evident. Luxury linens, upscale ammenities, and a delicous and abundant breakfast. I also appreciated being able to use the breakfast room after hours for tea and sodas. I stayed in the Kachina room, which was very quiet.

The only improvement I could suggest is, as one post noted, the wifi did not work from my room. This was not really an issue for me, as I have a Verizon air card. But they may need some sort of wireless booster to make it across the courtyard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AtlantaWanderlust
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a wonderful stay in September 2012. Rooms and property are extremely clean. Parking was easy. Breakfast each morning was delicious. Walk to the main square was quick and easy. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Europe
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firstly let me say, the the Four Kachinas Inn is beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and a lovely place to stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food for breakfast is freshly cooked and of very good quality. There is always a choice of breads, cakes, hot entree, cereals, yogurts, teas, coffees etc. you can also use the breakfast room/sitting room 24 hours a day and store your own bits and pieces in the fridge......

Beds are very comfortable and the sheets are buttery soft...

You can walk into Santa Fe historical district with ease, a pleasant stroll before and after dinner. It was nice not having to look for parking spots or draw for straws for the DD!

The problem we had was the WiFi. It simply did not work. We have our own business and rely heavily on having good access to the Internet when we manage to go away for a few days. We complained 4 times in 4 days. Walt let us use the office on day 3, but as I often need to use the Internet late at night, I wanted to be able to do this from the comfort of my own room...... When we complained again on check out, we were greeted with "no one else has ever complained about it", to be honest this is not my concern (and other guests did complain about it, we heard them), I complained and it wasn't really dealt with.... The signal was food according to the utilities program, but even Walt could not pick up the signal on his phone (goes to prove a point?). I feel if they advertise WiFi then we had a right to expect it to work......

Unfortunately until they get this issue sorted out, we cannot afford to return here, which is a great shame.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sue45551
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 14, 2012

On our first ever visit to the Southwest, we stayed at the Four Kachinas in Santa Fe for two days and three nights. The room was comfortable, spacious, and lovely. The innkeeper was a wealth of knowledge on Santa Fe, and incredibly friendly and personable. The breakfast offered each morning was simple and delicious, and the kitchen was available to us 24/7 for drinks and snacks. Santa Fe is quite a charming city, and if we ever make it back (which I hope we do), we will definitely be staying at the Four Kachinas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was hubby's birthday breakaway, and this inn was the perfect choice. From the artfully decorated rooms to the lovely courtyard, and the delicious breakfasts served by our charming host Walt (who is also a wealth of information) - it felt like "home" the minute we set foot in the place. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple