“Worth every penny” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexander's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Alexander's Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I was having second thoughts about spending over the budget on our cottage in Santa Fe-- it took me ten second upon arriving to decide we had done the right thing. I have never been so comfortable. Every last detail was taken care of for us. The living room couch was soft leather draped with a Scottish, wool throw-- the kiva off to the side to warm one after a bath-- yea, I was swaddled in a cuddly bath robe. The kitchen was stocked with tea and coffee-- a lovely basket had a bottle of wine, snacks and fruit for our stay. The location was perfect--an enjoyable stroll to the plaza. If you are looking for a small, private cottage in Santa Fe--rent "The Cottage"-- you will not be sorry.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happy41770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hershey, Pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

Recently stayed in the Casita, part of Alexanders Inn. It was quite cozy and the location was great. You can walk to the plaza, to dinner and Canyon Road.
I have stayed at Hacienda Nicholas before and wanted to try another of Caroline's Inns.It was just as nice. We had a lovely fire at night, a complimentary bottle of wine, frig, stove top and a comfortable king bed. The southwestern decor is what we were looking for. I would stay there again. The staff is always at your service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Central Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

This was my third trip to Santa Fe and first trip for my adult Daughter. I wanted to stay close to the downtown but wanted to have the luxury of space that a hotel couldn't offer. I read some reviews on the Madeline/Alexander Inn and was intrigued. Both my Daughter and I were DELIGHTED when we drove into the small courtyard and even more delighted when we opened the door and began to explore the Pinon unit. It's roomy, comfortable, very pretty and immaculate! The beds, two kingsize, were very comfortable and the down comfortors and pillows were wonderful. The bathroom was bright and clean and the towels were thick and abundant...the robes were great, too! It was nice to have a kitchen - we shopped for breakfast and snacks but ate most of our meals out...still, the kitchen was extremely clean and neat with all the conveniences I was accustomed to at home...to include plentiful coffee beans! It would be easy to prepare meals in this kitchen and there is plenty of room at the kitchen table or at the larger table in the front room to enjoy a meal for several people. The welcome basket was a nice touch. We won't hesitate to stay here again...staff was welcoming and polite and the staff responsible for cleaning was polite, non-intrusive and did an excellent job. The description of the location is accurate...up a steep dirt one-lane road...navigating it for the first time was a bit intimidating, but after that there were no issues. The location, however, is close to the downtown and just off of Paseo Peralta, which makes it extremely easy to navigate to where ever you want to go in the city or surrounding area. We enjoyed the deck in the evening before we left for dinner and would stand outside on the deck in the morning drinking our morning coffee. Unfortunatley, there was no time to enjoy the Nirvana Spa...there's only so much you can cram into 5 days. You can be sure we will remedy that on our next trip. We are looking forward to our next visit to Santa Fe and we hope the Alexander will have "...room at the Inn" for us.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank HappyTraveler0505
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

Very close to Santa Fe's central plaza and only two blocks from the art galleries on Canyon Road! Perfect whether driving or flying. Reserved parking. Safe, quiet, and secluded. Full size, fully-furnished kitchen. Beautiful tiled bathroom with a gigantic whirlpool bathtub. Furnished with a tasteful mix of antiques and Southwestern-style furniture. Tiled floors. *Fabulous* (and gigantic) leather sofa. Friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in the Cottage behind Alexander's Inn, but this outfit owns a variety of locations in the same general area, as well as a high-end spa. (Check out "the Madeleine Inn," and "Hacienda Nicholas" on line.) Locally owned and managed. A really sweet location for a peaceful getaway in Santa Fe! One caveat - book well in advance, if possible.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aubergines
Upstate NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed at The Madeline Inn which is part of Alexanders. The staff is polite, professional and helpfu. Our room was the Morning Glory Room in the Madeline Inn. Lovely room though a small bathroom but that was not a problem. The Nirvana Spa treatment I had was heavenly! Breakfasts both mornings were delicious.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MMMUpstateNY
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

I was a first time traveler to the Santa Fe area and I couldn't have had a better time staying at the Juniper Casita. When I arrived I was warmly welcomed at the Madeleine Inn, given directions to my little house, and arrived just 6 blocks from the plaza. The Juniper was perfect with its kiva fireplce, huge bank of sunny windows, the most comfortable bed I have slept in for a long time, and a basket full of yummy for the week. Carolyn, the owner of my casita and other properties couldn't have been more friendly and she and her staff were always ready to help with suggestions and directions. Anyone out there thinking of going to Santa Fe should consider staying at one of Carolyn's places be it the inns or casita. You won't be disappointed. And yes, I will be returning and staying at the Juniper again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank MichiganGlo
D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

I consider Alexander's Inn and the Madeline (located just blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza) to be a hidden delightful gem tucked away on a quiet street across from La Posada, which I came across by chance after missing my flight back to Washington D.C. and desperately needing a place to stay for two nights. I've since returned to Santa Fe on two different occasions and have always stayed at the lovely cottages (Violet and Forsythia) at the Madeline.

I've always been warmly welcomed by the Inn Keepers and staff who have always made me feel like a guest coming into town and staying with friends. Its a lovely charming B&B where I've had the opportunity to meet some incredible guests passing through and shared some wonderful conversations over breakfast and the wine and cheese hour each evening. The staff and guests bhave always been very friendly and extremely accomodating on each of my stays. If you get a chance I would also recommend having a treatment at the Nirvana Spa - well worth it! Love the eco-friendly aspect of the Inn and you must sample the delicious cookies and brownies. If you are looking for a relaxing quiet memorable getaway I would highly recommend Alexander's Inn and the Madeline -one of my favourite perks of visiting Santa Fe!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo