Adobe Abode Bed and Breakfast Inn
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
$229
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$329
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$216
$199
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$194
$167
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 7, 2008

We have spent week at the Adobe Abode. It was my first time in Santa Fe, NM and I had thoroughly enjoyed my trip, starting from the time I first stepped into our room the Casita at The Adobe Abode. The Adobe Abode is low key, yet warm and inviting from the outside. The blue gates are never locked and is welcoming. The Casita is the only room with two twin beds and is comfortable and has only the amenities that any hotel offers. The room was clean and is cleaned every day. The area around The Adobe Abode felt safe and if anything, the Casita is very comparable to many hotels that one would find in some of the larger cities in North America and Europe. The Adobe Abode is within walking distance to many key attractions, galleries, spas, and restaurants. The breakfasts provided were the best part of the day as we would catch up with fellow travelers who were passing through or who would stay for the week. We received many tips or highlights on what to do or see or to experience and this would become the next day trip. The breakfasts were healthy and homemade. Mary, Kelly and Una also helped to start the morning right and would help us to navigate some mornings. After a long day in the sun, it was always lovely to get back to the Casita to get ready for dinner. My vacation in Santa Fe was a great experience and is due in large part to the accommodations provided by The Adobe Abode. I would greatly recommend this B&B and if/when I should return to The Adobe Abode, this would be my first choice for accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We did not have a good experience at this B&B. I have stayed in probably 40-50 Bed & Breakfasts in my lifetime and I have never experienced such poor management. There is no one there when you arrive to check you in so you're on your own as far as what to do, where to park, etc. No one is around if you need anything either. At a good B&B, someone is always there to look after you and attend to your needs, not just serve you breakfast. And the breakfast here is very mediocre and you get the feeling that they can't wait for you to eat and leave.

We saw the owner and he wasn't friendly at all. I would say he doesn't care about his guests or his business. I was shocked to see an owner of a B&B acting this way.

Our room was just ok. We had several problems with it. We also need more towels, extra sheets for the futon and cream/sugar for our coffee in the room - and we had no one to ask for those things because no one was there! It was a shame.

I can't stress this enough - NO ONE IS THERE except to rush you through breakfast.

On top of all that - it's EXPENSIVE and I was told by locals that there are many nicer and less pricey B&Bs right in that same area!

I would never stay here again. I do not recommend it at all.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 27, 2008

A wonderful Fall trip to Santa Fe that was made even better by having the Adobe Abode as the home base. Una was a gracious hostess who really personalized our experience with her lovely breakfasts, tasteful Holloween and Fall decorating, and touring tips. The Suite in the main house was comfortable for 3 of the same family since the bedroom does not have a door and the sleeper couch could be a bit more comfortable. The decor was very nicely done. Thanks for everything. The Sherry was a nice touch !

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2008

We stayed at the Adobe Abode in the Ristras Suite for (thankfully) only one night, 10/6/08. I would never stay here again, especially with so many other Bed & Breakfasts in the area.

We booked the room online and received confirmation of our reservation via an automated message. We did not receive any other instructions or emails from the owner. So on 10/6, we drove from Arizona to Santa Fe. We started calling from the road around 3pm so we could let the owners know we'd be in around 8pm. We called three times and left a message. No one answered, no one called us back. We arrived at the Adobe Abode around 8pm and NO ONE WAS THERE. On the front door, it said they implement a self check-in system (aka they're too cheap to have staff there to run the place) and to look in the box on the door for further instructions. We looked in the box - NO INSTRUCTIONS whatsoever.

So it's 8pm, it's freezing outside, we're not from the area, no one is there, we have no idea what to do, we can NOT get a hold of anyone who runs the place - naturally we started getting very upset.

THANK GOD that a lovely gentleman named Paul, who runs one of the other local B&B's, saw us standing there like lost puppies. He came up to us, he tried to find someone to help us and when he couldn't, he took us to his office and called the owner of the B&B on about 5 different numbers, until he finally reached someone. From there, he helped us get into our room, told us where to park, fixed the pull out futon for us AND lent us a blanket from HIS B&B, since there wasn't one in our room! And all the while, he's taking calls on his cell phone for HIS B&B, answering his guests questions and taking excellent care of them. If it was not for him, we would have had to drive around Santa Fe at night and look for a last minute place to crash. Oh and did I mention that when he finally got a hold of the owner to tell him that his guests couldn't get into their room, he didn't even apologize to us! He just told Paul how to let us in and THEN had the AUDACITY to tell Paul to tell us that we needed to check out by 11am.

The room itself was ok. Only ok. We couldn't control the thermostat, we were freezing. Especially taking showers in the morning. There were no clocks anywhere so we couldn't tell the time while in bed and we couldn't set an alarm. There was no sugar or cream in the kitchen for coffee (which we discovered in the morning), there were not enough big towels and as I mentioned earlier, there was nothing to make up the futon bed with. The room was pretty clean but not prepared. It wasn't nice or fancy. It was just ok. Lots of little things made it unpleasant. And there was NO ONE WORKING THERE to help make it better.

The next day, after returning from our hot air balloon ride (amazing!), we attempted to speak to someone who worked there. Except, there was still no one working there! Not at 9 am, 10 am or 11 am when we finally decided to just go. No breakfast, no one to talk to, no one to discuss our concerns with. Nothing! What on earth is the deal here? No one runs the place? Guests are on their own? Absolutely disgusting treatment from an EXPENSIVE Bed & Breakfast.

What we learned from several other people working at other B&B's in the area is that this is a FREQUENT occurrence at Adobe Abode. No one's there. No one cares. Guests are left wandering around aimlessly. More than one person told us that this happens a lot. And several other B&B owners told us that their places were cheaper and nicer and that they were always around to help out their guests. In other words, they said Adobe Abode stinks. And we paid $260 for it! NEVER AGAIN.

If you want a B&B where no one checks you in, takes care of you, makes you breakfast, answers your questions or appreciates your business even one tiny little bit - then stay here! Otherwise, avoid like the plague.

Now that I know better, I will select a much nicer (and less pricey) B&B for our next trip to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pinkharts9
Reviewed October 16, 2008

We just returned from six nights in Santa Fe at the Adobe Abode. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is an excellent location in a quiet neighborhood a couple of blocks walk from the plaza. Our room and the living areas in the house are very pleasant. Kelly and Una were very helpful and served great breakfasts.

Stayed: October 2008