“Yes”
Review of Yummy Cafe - CLOSED

Yummy Cafe
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Yes”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

While living in Santa Fe, I was having cravings for Chinese. Friend took me to Yummy Cafe for dinner. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, really good food. Went back couple more times.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank disappointed60958

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hays Kansas
“It is yummy!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to other reviews we tried it and weren't disappointed. The lunch specials were just right! Not only an entree but also soup, salad, egg roll, wanton, and rice.

2 Thank dorie1950
Birmingham, Alabama
“Newcomer to Santa Fe has a new favorite Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We've been in town about three months and still hand't found "the" Chinese restaurant for us . . . until tonight. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor for a restaurant located in a somewhat lackluster strip center. We were greeted and seated by the owner. It took a little while for our server to get to us, but it looked as though there were only two servers working, and she was hustling. We went ahead and placed our meal order at the same time she took the drink order.

I ordered the special green bean chicken, and the mister ordered Mu Shu pork. We each added $3.50 for the "complete meal" which meant we also got a bowl of soup, an egg roll (really a spring roll), and a piece of "paper wrapped chicken." The soup (hot & sour) came out first, and was the best I've had in Santa Fe. It was thick, flavorful, with a nice balance of sour and black pepper. I'm more of an egg roll fan than a spring roll fan, but the latter was fine. The "paper-wrapped chicken" turned out to be some potted-meat-esque chicken in a triangle shape, wrapped in tin foil and cooked. It was quite tasty, once I found my way into the foil.

My green bean chicken came out about five minutes before the mister's dish (I saw this time lag occurring at other tables, too), so we both started in on mine. The beans were fresh and crunchy, the chicken was firm with no gristle, and the garlic sauce was a nice blend of sweet and strong. The mister's Mu Shu arrived, with four pancakes and a nice-sized bowl of plum sauce. He really enjoyed it.

The portions are very large, and each of us took home enough for another meal. The mister's water and my tea never ran low, and we never had to flag anyone down for a refill. Al in all, an excellent experience, and we'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jennifer J
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best Chinese food in Santa Fe!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Just tried this place for the first time and I definitely will be back and often. The Bo Bo platter is my new favorite appetizer sampler, my entree and tea were both great, and customer service was positive as well. Thank you!!(:

3 Thank yoshimi_lotus
Palm Springs, California
“Nearby to the Screen! One of our favorite art film theaters”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Located right next to the renamed college of Santa Fe, this is our go to after he movies food place. Chinese food in a city far from a thriving Chinese community can not be expected to be great, but this place is always dependable, clean and with decent service.

• Visited March 2014