“Nearby to the Screen! One of our favorite art film theaters”
Review of Yummy Cafe - CLOSED

Yummy Cafe
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Located right next to the renamed college of Santa Fe, this is our go to after he movies food place. Chinese food in a city far from a thriving Chinese community can not be expected to be great, but this place is always dependable, clean and with decent service.

2  Thank golem67

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Not greasy, sooo good and friendly staff. Best Chinese food I have ever had. Went there while on summer vacation.

3  Thank Gennypenny
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have not been to Yummy Cafe in a while. They have moved their location and are now closer to where I live. They have moved to a small strip mall on St. Michael's. They are next door to the old Cinema Cafe. The night I went one of the specials was spicy green beans with a meat of your choice. I ordered mine with chicken. The meal comes with a covered bowl of rice. The spicy green beans had a brown sauce that was very good. The sauce was spicy but nothing to rip your head off, just a pleasant burn. I liked the entire dish, the green beans came a little crunchy which I like, The dish was huge and I asked for a container to take the left overs home. Yummy does have vegetarian choices. The prices here are not bad at all. Service was pretty good. I highly recommend Yummy.

4  Thank NMHiker1
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Needed a takeout so went with Yummy Cafe, as it had such reviews. Both entrees were OK, but really, nothing to get excited about. I was rather disappointed. The beef was tender (in the broccoli, snow pea and beef dish) but the seasoning was boring and the oil used was not very tasty. Won't be going back….(why is it so hard to get a really good Chinese meal in most towns?)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Yummy is our go-to Chinese restaurant in Santa Fe. We typically do take-out, but occasionally eat in the restaurant. Donald, the owner, is always kind and friendly to my family, and takes the time to talk with my 8 year old. The food is delicious and the prices fair. We love the Singapore Noodles, General Tao's Chicken, and the Salt & Pepper Shrimp. When I have a cold, I go there for the Hot & Sour Soup, which is healing. Highly recommended!

9  Thank birdsong