“We really enjoyed dinner”
Review of Cafe Cafe - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Read St
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had dinner here last week and really enjoyed it. I had a veal dish, and my wife- salmon. Both were prepared very well, and it is obvious that they have a professional chef who knows how to prepare good food. The ambiance is excellent - they had a small band playing (mainly) Spanish (not Mexican) songs that enhanced the atmosphere. The price was reasonable and we will certainly return!

1  Thank travelogue6

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have eaten lunch, brunch and dinner over the past 5 years at Cafe Cafe (Yes, we are Santa Feans). The food and service has always been good to very good, but it "lacked" something to set it apart. This past year it was purchased and that little "something" is now present. The menu is the same, as is the service (very good), but the ambience has become warm and friendly. The new owner has brought his personal energy to this well established local restaurant. It has always been a good value in a city with overpriced restaurants and poor service. It is quickly becoming one of our favorites. Be sure to ask about the specials and check out the reasonable wine list.

2  Thank 505Taste
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We are local to Santa Fe...we just had Cafe Cafe for take out...we are going back! We had the polenta fries, which have a wonderful green chile sauce. It has great flavor and stands up to the short ride home. We built our own pizza, and it was divine!

1  Thank QFoodie
Reviewed November 26, 2012

So enjoyed our lunch here. The owner is so kind and warm and takes time with every customer and finds common ground to discuss with each one. The food is absolutely delicious. My husband had the delicious chicken salad and I enjoyed the amazing Linguini!! Treat yourself to an absolutely delicious time here!!

1  Thank psbulla
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We loved this little restaurant, the food was delicious for the price point. So good, that we went twice this past weekend. Friday night I had the salmon special which was cooked to perfection and served with beet sauce, polenta and green beans. The house salad had too much dressing for my taste, but that was remedied two nights later when I ordered the dressing on the side. My husband had the pasta special with meatballs, made with three types of meat. He loved it!

We returned on Sunday, when I ordered the risotto cake with pancetta, asparagus and cream sauce, delicious! My husband had the caprese salad with grilled tomatoes, wow! We also ordered the meatball pizza, yum! For dessert, we went for the pumpkin creme brulee, simply orgasmic! Great cup of cuppacino and and double espresso!

As an added bonus, there was a fantastic trio playing beautiful music (should have gotten their name and seen if they had CDs!) on Friday night, and Sunday night the extraordinary musician, Michael Tait Tafoya, played mesmerizing original guitar and song (thankfully, I remembered to ask about CDs!).

Loved the atmosphere, great service, nice owners! Thanks for two wonderful meals!

1  Thank elizabeth h