“Night out”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Read St
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great food, friendly owners, and excellent live music! Dinner was fresh and delicious, the owner visited with us and made sure we were happy. The live music was loud but we really enjoyed it. Perfect place for a date or family.

2  Thank Julia C

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I admit Cafe Cafe wasn't my first choice for italian, but the other restaurant was jammed, so we settled. It was a nice evening, so we sat in the outdoor dining area. I can't call it a patio, just a few tables set up in a cordoned off area of the parking lot. It's right on Guadalupe St., so plan on plenty of traffic noise. Service was pretty pokey to start, but it improved as the meal went on. I had the veal marsala and my companion had the vegetable pasta bake. Both were fine, but not extraordinary by any means. Prices (about $15-25 for most entrees) were in the ballpark. Overall, I didn't feel let down by my experience, but there are probably better options for italian food in Santa Fe.

1  Thank Gentlemanhiker
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Romantic atmosphere with candlelight and World music!
My friend and I strolled here just a few blocks from downtown
and it was a perfect walk. We started with an excellent bottle of wine and
a little bread served with olive tampenade, then a classic ceasar salad,
followed by the richest Eggplant Parmesan I have ever had.
We adored the fun Latin Trio playing inside, and
could easily hold a conversation without raising our voices,
so we did not think it was too loud, as others have mentioned.
We loved the whole experience and can't wait to go back!

1  Thank AcousticMusicFan
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Omigosh! We walked from our new home, just a half mile away. Owners, Stu & Dominique, are absolutely charming. Wonderful Latin music~Jackie loved the drums! Favorite dishes~ Grilled Caprese Salad and Lasagna!!!! EAT HERE..local favorite of us locals!

1  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband & I ate at the restaurant in September. My husband had the lasagna special and I had the canneloni. They were both excellent!!! The atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming - something that can be missing at some of the other Santa Fe restuarants. The owner was very attentive - another refreshing change for Santa Fe. The only recommendation we would have would be to take the caesar salad off of the menu. Unfortunately, it is very plain and not up to the standards for the rest of the food. Also, better bread would also improve the dining experience. But, those are our only suggestions. Everything else was great. Many thanks!

2  Thank phoenixaz06