“Fabulous!”

Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 42 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience sublime bliss in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. Featuring traditional Asian spa rituals and luxurious rose petal baths, we are dedicated to the ancient healing art of using plants, herbs and spices for inner and outer beauty. In addition, we offer therapeutic, hot stone and Thai massage, as well as a selection of rejuvenating and anti-aging facials. Our staff of Master-level therapists, all with 17 to 30 years of experience, will nourish your body and soul.
DENVER
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife booked a 60-minute treatment for each of us. She had a deep tissue massage and I had just a regular massage. Boy, was she jealous. Lauren was my therapist and she was outstanding! I've had many treatments but never one that left me feeling this relaxed. I truly felt like I was transported somewhere else. Lauren focused on my problem area (lower back) and was able to work out the stress there and in my shoulders. Anyone reading this review - if you're ever in Santa Fe, go to Absolute Nirvana and ask for Lauren. She - as well as everyone else we encountered - was great. It's not cheap - but it is so worth it!

Visited April 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your massage with Lauren so very much. While all of our staff are Master-Level therapists, with a minimum of ten years experience each, Lauren is one of our senior therapists. She has been with the spa since its inception in 2005, and has almost 25 years of experience. Not only does she do exceptional massage work, she is a stellar human being with a heart of gold. We are fortunate to have her on our team. You are correct in saying that we are "not cheap", and we not trying to compete with places like Massage Envy. On the other hand, $105 for a 60 minute Master-Level treatment is a good deal less expensive than most of Santa Fe's other big spas. We are happy to know you feel you got your money's worth and look forward to seeing you once again.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“One week later, the best massage reviewed”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had no idea what I was getting into when I scheduled a massage with Nirvana - for me it was just a name out of a list of other names, and it sounded nice enough.

I had no idea it would be, truly, one of the most incredible massages I've had.

When the massage therapist finished I felt relaxed, of course, as one does. I felt happy, at peace, still, and physically quite rejuvenated. All the stuff you hear about aches and pains vanishing was true. I spent the day in Santa Fe walking, eating, experiencing, then drove home to Albuquerque, fully expecting the effects of the massage to dissipate as the day went by.

They didn't. In fact, every day since then I have felt physically just as good, mentally just as calm, and I am realizing that the back aches and the little niggling shoulder pains just are not returning.

This morning, a week later, I am still feeling peaceful and physically rejuvenated, and it occurred to me to wonder if something more than a massage happened that day. I don't know whether anything mystical or something deeply healing went on -- I don't typically buy into the hype of that sort of thing. But, what I know is that whatever happened, simply massage or something more, I am planning my next visit.

The fountain of youth is a myth.
Nirvana, however, which seems to offer something very similar, is quite real - and I intend to imbibe as often as I can.

Visited April 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
My goodness, what an extraordinarily wonderful review! How wonderful to read that you had such a transportive experience and that the blissful effects of the massage have lasted for so long. Our therapists are so very skilled (all with 10-29 years of experience) and have hearts of gold. In addition, we treat the spa as a truly sacred space. Luckily, Albuquerque is so nearby, so getting back to Absolute Nirvana will be relatively easy. We very much look forward to seeing you again.
Midland, Texas, United States
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My sister and I arrived for our massages and were greeted promptly and courteously by staff (which was a slight concern because they were arriving early specifically for us as they usually do not open until 10 am) where we filled out all paperwork. We had options for our full body scrubs that were administered by our massage therapists.

I mean honestly....the massage I got this morning at 9 am was like a religious experience. I have never experienced such a fantastic massage. A little bitty woman but she packed a punch. I felt like a noodle and walked a little like one to. I also was given a yogurt and chocolate body scrub, smelled amazing, and my skin absolutely glowed. I had a facial directly afterward and it was great, even after the black head extraction (never fun), but the after effects were worth it. Really cannot say enough good about my experience.

The ambiance was also fantastic. The spa resides on a side street, with no traffic, tucked back up on a hill by a church. While you received your treatments you could hear the music but could also hear the birds outside which to me was a nice bonus.

Visited April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write of your massage/scrub/mask/facial experience at Absolute Nirvana. We are all delighted to know how much you enjoyed your time with us, and that we were able to accommodate your request for an early start to your day. We will always try to accommodate such requests for early or late treatments. The scrubs and masks, which we make onsite using only natural and ingredients, really are effective in rejuvenating the body, both inside and out. I am so happy to learn that you appreciate our location - it is our blessing and our curse! Being on a dead end street so close to the Plaza allows for a tranquil and peaceful setting, complete with birdsong, but we don't exactly get drive-by traffic. It is worth it is in the end though. We certainly hope to see you again for another 'fantastic experience'.
Wolfe City, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“An Awesome Experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked appointment with George. He was most helpful in directing us to a spa package. We chose Lemongrass & Coconut Indulgence. Our therapists were top knotch. My friend and I both agreed it was one of the best massages we experienced and we both are not strangers to massage. The overall experience was most relaxing and pleasant.

Visited March 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write a review of your treatment at Absolute Nirvana Spa. We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your Lemongrass & Coconut Deluxe Treatment. The Deluxe Treatments are quite magical and offer such a feast for the senses! We do hope you will be able to return before long.
New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I went for a facial on a snowy evening 3 weeks ago. The place felt very intimate and cozy. I didn't book in advance the type of facial as per the recommendation of the person who booked the appointment. The esthetician assessed my skin and suggested a combination of several different types that would best suit my needs. For this one hour, it was a total bliss. The relaxing backdround music, the inviting warm room, the gentle expert fingers running up and down the face, the delicious smell of the natural products used, the refreshing steam spray, everything was perfect. I have to admit that this was one of the very best facials I have ever had. Totally rejuvenating and relaxing. Now, 3 weeks later my face still feels silky smooth and glowing. I will definitely be back when I visit Santa Fe next time. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank newyork62
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review on your facial at Absolute Nirvana Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed your facial so much - they can be every bit as relaxing as a massage, with the added benefit of rejuvenating facial skin which often suffers due to pollution, stress and the elements. We very much look forward to seeing you again at the spa.