“Amazingly tasty and unusual tapas”
Review of La Boca

La Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Opened in 2006 by 8 time James Beard Award Nominee, Chef James Campbell Caruso. La Boca has the feel of a lively European wine bar, featuring an extensive selection of carefully chosen Mediterranean and South American wines. Knowledgeable and animated staff graciously guide customers to the perfect wine to complement their meals. La Boca also prides itself on being an ambassador of Spanish sherry culture, transporting its guests to Cadiz in the crisp cool flavors of Fino, or the deep fig-essence of a Pedro Ximenez. Full to capacity almost every night since its opening, La Boca has been a hit with both locals and the world travelers that visit Santa Fe. La Boca has earned numerous awards both local and national, including the Santa Fe Reporter’s “Restaurant of the Year,” and the International Wine and Food Society’s “Award of Excellence.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The food was just amazing. If in season get the calamari with olive dressing. Good wine list, and very warm ambiance. Reservations is a must.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I recently attended a conference in Santa Fe and a friend and I decided to try this restaurant for a light late lunch. The weather was not good -due to 4 or 5 inches of snow that day in town. We arrived in the late afternoon at almost closing time and we were the only customers there. Even though I know they were ready to go home due to no customers and the weather outside, the service was excellent and we felt very welcome. The food was unique and everything on my plate was wonderful. I loved the home made chips and the crab salad sandwich I had and it came with soup too. The prices were fair and I would return again. I only wish I could have tried a few things on the menu and if I am in the area again, I will.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

There is La Boca, which we just visited and had a wonderful time, with great food, and very small tables. It is after all a Bodega, just like in Spain and has a sister Restaurant, Taberna, very close to it. This is larger, and has has similar menu. We were told it was less expensive, but mainly the prices were pretty much the same. The staff here seemed a bit friendlier.
La Boca, in Marcy Str. has a Happy Hour, every day between 3.00 and 5.00, when all prices are 50% off, which really helps. We were advised to try the Bruchetta with egg and Truffle, which we will do next time!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

There are actually two parts to this restaurant - La Boca and Taberna -- they serve the same food but one is more of a bar and the other is a restaurant -- good tapas style apps with some entrees -- good wine list -- food can be uneven with some excellent and others needing improvement. Fair pricing and a good way to spend an evening with friends drinking,eating and talking -- don't expect a life changing meal and you will be fine

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The menu is diverse and fresh in combinations. It offers an excellent tour of tastes for those who like surprises. The Jamon Croquettes were too die for with flavor. It is very cozy inside, but that was part of the charm... We had good conversations with neighbors on both sides. The food was just excellent! Our waiter was Austin, and he was great. Would definitely come back.