“On a busy night, bad service, but I love the food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Boca

La Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 556 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: With the feel of a lively European wine bar, La Boca also features an extensive selection of carefully chosen Mediterranean and South American wines. Knowledgeable and animated staff graciously guide customers to the perfect wine to complement their meals. La Boca also prides itself on being an ambassador of Spanish sherry culture, transporting its guests to Cadiz in the crisp cool flavors of Fino, or the deep fig-essence of a Pedro Ximenez. Full to capacity almost every night since its opening, La Boca has been a hit with both locals and the world travelers that visit Santa Fe. La Boca has earned numerous awards both local and national, including the Santa Fe Reporter's "Restaurant of the Year," and the International Wine and Food Society's "Award of Excellence."
Bogota, Colombia
“On a busy night, bad service, but I love the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I hesitate to give La Boca anything less than 5, as I have eaten here a few times and thought the food and wine list were both wonderful. I recommend it for the food, but just know that you may have somewhat indifferent or absent-minded service. On our last outing, the waiter was clearly in over his head - I ordered 4 different glasses of wine throughout the meal, and he forgot every one of them and my coffee. I eventually gave up on reminding him. Forgetting one is human, forgetting five might mean that you are in the wrong line of work. On another outing, it was really hard to get a different waiter's attention to order more plates or more drinks, and it is a small restaurant. I'm generally pretty laid back in restaurants and don't need a lot of coddling, but if I want to give you my money for more drinks or food, it shouldn't be so hard to do so.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank erose_leaves

Toronto, Canada
“So delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

In this small restaurant, we had several delicious tapas dishes. The fish, is highly recommended, and the service friendly and efficient. We chatted with the chef beforehand, just by chance, as he was standing outside, and then he surprised us by sending over a fantastic appetizer! La Boca was one of our favourites in a town full of great restaurants.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank curatedguide
Titusville, Florida
“Spain is transported to Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Dining at La Boca is more than a meal. Chef/owner James Campbell Caruso will transport you to Spain with a menu that is sure to leave you planning another dinner reservation. Our first plates highlighted the beautiful rainbow colors of fresh vegetables, cheese and fruit – the ensalada de betabeles and the Mediterranean salad. We followed with a plate of the boquerones (my favorite!) and the evening’s special flat iron steak. All plates were accompanied with a fabulous wine suggested by our server – a Chilean red wine that was instantly drinkable upon opening. We saved a bit of appetite to savor the sampler plate of cheeses to complete our evening in Spain. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Lovely Food, Lovely Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I dined at La Boca after arriving in Santa Fe very late one night. We didn't have any reservations, but La Boca accomodated us. La Boca is warm and intimate, the perfect place for a romantic dinner. We sat at the bar, and sampled several excellent tapas (and wines!), recommended by our bartender. Such a nice surprise for a last-minute plan! We will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherborn, Massachusetts
“Mixed review for their prix fixe lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had their prix fixe ($17) lunch 3 days ago. Their watermelon gazpacho was tasty and enjoyable. We did not like their paella, which tasted smoky and had undercooked mussels. The dessert was delightful. Although we didn't have any tapas, we had tapas at their nearby companion La Boca Taberna restaurant the next day, which was a more enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2013