“wonderful food and service”
Review of La Boca

La Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Opened in 2006 by 8 time James Beard Award Nominee, Chef James Campbell Caruso. La Boca has the feel of a lively European wine bar, featuring an extensive selection of carefully chosen Mediterranean and South American wines. Knowledgeable and animated staff graciously guide customers to the perfect wine to complement their meals. La Boca also prides itself on being an ambassador of Spanish sherry culture, transporting its guests to Cadiz in the crisp cool flavors of Fino, or the deep fig-essence of a Pedro Ximenez. Full to capacity almost every night since its opening, La Boca has been a hit with both locals and the world travelers that visit Santa Fe. La Boca has earned numerous awards both local and national, including the Santa Fe Reporter’s “Restaurant of the Year,” and the International Wine and Food Society’s “Award of Excellence.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

There was four of us, so we tried many things on the menu. All were very good, plate of 2 different humus, potatoes, flat iron steak with caramel sauce, fried eggplant, gazapacho salad and the beet salad. Everything was delicious including the wine by the glass. The service was excellent, but the restaurant is small so the tables are a little crowded.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Thursday Spanish vocalist/guitarist was very talented & set the mood for a pleasant dining experience. All of the tapas that we ordered were delicious & fresh. My favorite tapas dish was the flat iron steak with salted caramel sauce which can also be ordered in a larger dinner size portion. My only complaint was that the tapas portion size was rather small for the price compared to our tapas dining experiences in the Chicago area. I would recommend happy hour dining for better pricing which was not an option for our schedule.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went in on a Sunday afternoon and ordered off the tapas menu. We got an egg, chorizo and potato dish that was very good. The chorizo was like hard salame and very good. Much different than the usual crumbly oh so greasy stuff I usually get. We got a plate of morcilla sausage and the tapas trio, which is warmed flat bread with three very tasty dipping sauces. I also got a glass of amontillado sherry (I was inspired by the Edgar Alan Poe short story that I had to read in 8th grade). One of the sauces for the tapas trio was only ok and I found the morcilla ever so slightly too salty. Everything else was excellent.

What surprised me though was the bang for buck. We (2 adults) were very sated and we didn't spend all that much. Service was very good and the ambiance was quite nice. I would recommend but I can't say anything about the lunch/dinner menu other than they may not be necessary. We went with an infant which was fine on a Sunday afternoon but probably not at dinner time.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went there for Happy Hour & it was just terrific. Had a variety of Tapas plates & we enjoyed every one. Had a pitcher of their Sangria -very tasty. A nice laid back atmosphere

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Generally I would recommend la boca. The food is excellent - a real culinary tour that'll give any home-chef a whole lot to think about. And a nice change of pace from much of Northern New Mexico's albeit excellent cuisine. The sherry menu is also really exciting and worthy of attention. Definitely hit the happy hours for a better deal.

The downsides are that the staff can at times seem a bit snooty and the prices can sometimes be exorbitant (outside of Happy Hour, which can be one of the better deals in town).

I'd still recommend it, though.