“New location, great Thai food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Cafe

Thai Cafe
Ranked #375 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Alaska
“New location, great Thai food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Thai Cafe is now in a new location behind the Regal theaters at 3486 Zafarano Drive. The food is great and fresh due to the pickiness of the owner. They offer gluten free and vegan options. Only downside is that the environs are stark. Great for leisure meal. No wine or beer.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AlaskaWorldTraveler

Marana, Arizona
“Loved the food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Totally enjoyed our dinner, we were here three years ago and came back for the very flavorful food. The service is polite and attentive.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hmorgenstein
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, worse service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The food was sloppily made and had no flavor. My dish (the pad mee) was just bland noodles and frozen vegetables. I asked the waitress if there was any kind of sauce I could add, she said "no" so I sent it back after eating barely any of it. They made me pay for it. Won't be returning. Thai Vegan is a much better choice.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank M G
Fort Myers, Florida
“Nothing outstanding but adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We ended up ordering out from Thai Café because everything around appeared to be closed on a Sunday night. I had the chicken pad Thai and my friend had red curry. Both were okay. The chicken pad thai had more bean sprouts than noodles which I found rather interesting. Although not bad I don't know if I would return.

Visited February 2014
Cerrillos, New Mexico
“Better places out there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I'm a local and have lived in this town for 9 years now, and was sorry to see Dara Thai change over to a vegan place (and apparently a bad one at that), which really isn't what an authentic Thai restaurant should be anyway. We tried this place and were very disappointed with the high prices and the very small portions we got. We tried the Pad Khing and Pad Prik Khing but there was very little meat in the dish for $11.95 each (takeout), and even the rice containers were only half full. I mean, really, is white rice that expensive? I basically got lots of small broccoli pieces in my dish and the flavors were very bland. This is another example of how badly most businesses in Santa Fe are run and how expensive everything is here. This may be fine for tourists who don't return, but for locals like me it takes work to find decent places. If I want Asian food, I'll go to Double Dragon any day before this place. Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited February 2014