“Good New Mexican food.”

Ranked #7 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Pantry Restaurant has been a Santa Fe landmark since 1948. We offer a unique take on a diner, where the cuisine of Northern New Mexico meets traditional American food. We have been serving quality fresh from scratch comfort food for over sixty years. You will be pleased with our fast and friendly service while enjoying the best chile in Santa Fe. As a family owned business we pride ourselves on serving the freshest and most quality ingredients to all of our guests and we promise to treat you like part of the family.
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch on Sunday after hiking at tent rocks. Food is good and portion is nice. I had fish tacos and they are exactly what I expected.

2  Thank Tony_T34675
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us, Tony. We appreciate the great review, and would love to welcome you back for more sometime soon.

Thanks again,

There are newer reviews for Pantry Restaurant

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Sopapilla was greasy on one side. Food was WAY overpriced. Table unbalanced spilled coffee everywhere. Nice staff. I had the veggie burrito. I was pleased to find spinach inside; however, there was a little too much and I tasted more spinach than burrito!! Overall really disappointed compared to reviews.

2  Thank horsetastic
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

If you're disappointed then we're disappointed! We've been in Santa Fe for over 65 years and we simply have too much practice to turn out a greasy sopapilla or a burrito with too much spinach. Normally, our food (and our tables) are well-balanced and I'm sorry we weren't able to prove it when you came in. That said, I really think you caught us on a bad night and we'd love another chance to live up to our reputation here on TripAdvisor.

Hope you'll consider it,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was our first visit to this popular eatery in Santa Fe. We only had to wait a few minutes for a table which was a pleasant surprise for a Sunday morning.

Our group had a variety of breakfast dishes; all were very good. The Huevos Rancheros and green chili omelet were to die for. Service was excellent and our server seemed to genuinely enjoy taking care of us.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank Patricia D
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to recommend us and our food to others, Patricia! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the Huevos Rancheros and that you had such great service to match. We appreciate you spreading the good word about us and would love to see you the next time you're in the area.

Take care,

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here. We looked for a breakfast place in Santa Fe based on trip advisor reviews. It doesn't look like much on the outside but when you walk in the Decor is really cool. They have plenty of room and we waited just a few minutes for a table. There were several things we could've
selected from the menu based on our taste and what we did order we really enjoyed. Great find and recommend without hesitation for breakfast.

2  Thank mljack99
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you saying you'd recommend us without hesitation! Thanks for making us a stop on your trip to Santa Fe, and for taking the time to review us.

Hope to see you again the next time you're in town,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place was recommended at the hotel up the street from it. The carne adovada came promptly and would have been great except that it had about 4 times as much salt in it as it should have had ( and I am one who likes things salty). I'm sure this was a mistake on their part. As I was just off a full day of driving and very hungry I just mooshed it together with the rice and beans, getting some extra tortillas to help with this as well. I would be willing to give them another chance.

I know how disappointing it can be to have a meal that doesn't hit the spot when you're hungry -- especially when that meal comes so highly recommended. I can assure you that, like you said, this was an oversight on our part. Regardless, that's not an excuse and I apologize if your food was too salty. We'd love another chance to show you that what happened was the exception and not the rule. We can do better and I'd love the opportunity to prove it to you!

Thanks,