“Nice stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Pacifica Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2007

I stayed here even after reading the lukewarm and, in some cases, negative reviews, so I booked it with my eyes open. I consider myself fairly "low maintenance", and after reading reviews, I felt I'd have an okay experience. I enjoyed my stay at the Casa Pacifica very much. The proprietor is what I would call "hands off". She's nice, just not overly solicitous, which was not a porblem for me. The B and B itself is very nice - my room was just as it appeared in the photos and I enjoyed my private courtyard very much! Linda cooked big and lovely breakfasts in the mornings, and she asked at that time if we needed anything else for our room. She was willing to help with directions and enjoyed entering into conversation over breakfast, but did not dominate. I thought she was very pleasant. She does have two very friendly dogs who stayed in the common room where we ate, so if you are not fond of dogs that might be a consideration. She's a dog lover and so am I, so that worked well for me. I live ina big city and I did not find the walk to downtown at all daunting - it's about 15 minutes to the heart of downtown. Not far at all from a city dwellers perspective. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank OccidentalTourist63
There are newer reviews for Casa Pacifica Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 14, 2007

Casa Pacifica was one of the only B&Bs in Santa Fe that was available about two weeks before my trip and didn't have a two-night minimum, so I cautiously booked a room there. My boyfriend and I got into town around noon on the day of our stay and thought we'd stop by to see if we could check in or just let the innkeeper know that we wanted to check in soon. However, she was nowhere to be found. So we went to get lunch, then went back to the inn after lunch and found her there. She showed us the room but said that it wasn't totally ready just yet, so we got the key and left for our evening plans (and kept our things in our car, we weren't totally sure about the security of the room). Things were fine when we got back in the evening and we had a comfortable night's sleep.
Really, the accomodations were fine, the breakfast was tasty, and the steam room shower was a nice feature. That said, it just didn't feel very homey. I couldn't find the innkeeper when it came time to check out, so I don't have a receipt for my stay. She was nice enough, but not easy to find when we needed her. We didn't have a bad experience here, but I don't think I'd go back. It's not really close enough to walk to downtown and the hotels that are very near the downtown Plaza look reasonable price-wise, so I think that's what I'd book the next time I'm in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mostlyworktraveler
Reviewed March 25, 2007

I can't even say we experienced terrible service in person b/c the lack of hospitality started when I called to inquire about possibly booking a room.

Evidentally, my questions and explanation of our situation became too long for the owner b/c she promptly interrupted my sentence and said very rudely "I just don't think this is going to work out!" to which I said, "You know, I think you're right." I was taken aback and bothered by this and sent an email saying as much and suggesting that they perhaps treat other potential customers better in the future and without the sharp and cavalier attitude.

The owner replied and said, "I’ve been in business long enough to know within the first 3 seconds. I was put off by the time you finished your preamble." Then she proceeded to correct me on my supposed misuse of a word in my email and said that was basic grade school English. Is it just me or would anyone else get a red flag if someone talked to you that way? Someone supposedly in the hospitality business.....

So, you couldn't pay me enough to stay at Casa Pacifica based on my experience simply trying to get information about their rooms. I can't imagine what the owner must be like after she gets your money.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank lacyvilla
Reviewed August 25, 2006

We spent 4 of our 7 wonderful nights in Santa Fe at Casa Pacifica B & B. The location was a good walk to the Plaza, but it helped work off those incredible breakfasts that Linda fixed each morning. Started with great fruit bowls, always with a different twist, then a great main course. All individually prepared and served, perfect presentation and delicious. (If you have special needs, be sure to let Linda know ahead of time.)

We enjoyed visiting with Linda. We stayed in the Living Room suite, which was the largest room we've ever had at a B & B, and included a full kitchen, its own private courtyard and more books than you could read if you stayed for a month. The kingsize bed was comfortable and there was plenty of seating room. The bathroom was pretty funky, had to adjust to not having a sink and mirror, but the dual shower head steamroom with jacuzzi tub was a lot of fun.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Jim O
Reviewed August 16, 2006

Good location and reasonable accommodations offered at a high price ($160 + tax). Only the management needs to change urgently!

- We had no welcome upon arrival. A friend of the family happening to pop in showed us our room. No introduction or explanations provided. No room key offered. We had to insist on getting one. Explanation: “The manager is very busy right now.” Later it appeared she was taking a nap.

- When the manager showed up she was very unfriendly and not open to our request for a hospitality in line with the B&B culture. The manager was simply rude to my wife.

- No breakfast the next morning. All rooms had an envelope taped to the doorpost with a $20 check. A confused explanation on the reason why there was no breakfast (because it rained). Rough indications on where to find breakfast, not sufficient for people not living in Santa Fe to find the place.

- No shampoo or other fine toiletries. Only a bar of soap.

- Unfriendly at check-out.

Our advice: Don’t go there. It’s not worth it.

5  Thank Enjoyinggoodthings
Reviewed August 8, 2006

I recently booked a 4 night stay at the Casa Pacifica B&B in Santa Fe NM. We were planning a few days in Santa Fe to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I reviewed the inns website and picked its "Penthouse" suite at $225 per night and made a reservation online. I actually called the innkeeper to make a reservation, but she requested I reserve the room using the online system which I did.

When we arrived at the inn, we were extremely disappointed by its appearance. The common courtyard or terrace area where the breakfast was to be served was covered with bird excrement and other trash. The steps to the "Penthouse" suite were blocked by a broken limb from a tree in the courtyard, and most of the paint or stain on the steps was gone. The innkeeper greeted us in her bath robe explaining that she had been in the shower when we knocked on the door. As we walked up the steps with her to view our room, she warned us to stay right when climbing the stairs as she'd noticed a loose or cracked step and didn't want anyone to fall. When we arrived on the deck of our suite which was to contain an outdoor hot tub advertised as a great place to view sunrise and sunsets, we were again disappointed. The deck overlooked the neighbors overgrown yard with a couple of junker cars in it on one side and the rooftop with pipes etc. belonging to one of the other units on the other side. On the website, the room was described as having a steam room and did mention that the toilet was in the steam room. We were not concerned about this as we assumed the steam room would be a decent size and therefore would not be a problem. However, the actual room reminded us of a bathroom in an RV. (Actually, I think it may have been smaller than most RV bathrooms). After a brief discussion, we decided that this was definitely not the place we wanted to spend our special occasion. We told the innkeeper of our concerns and explained that we had decided not to stay with her. She immediately told us that we would not receive a refund for any of the 4 nights we had booked and which were already paid for by credit card. Although we are not wealthy people, we decided to go somewhere else rather than ruin our anniversary vacation. We knew that this could mean we would forfeit $1000.00 + that we had already paid in advance for the 4 nights. We've since filed with our credit card company to see if we can get any of our money back. We explained that we would be happy to pay for one nights lodging as we did cancel our reservation at the last minute after seeing the place. We're still waiting to hear what the resolution will be to this.

I hope this unfortunate experience will serve as a lesson to others booking rooms via the internet. From now on, I will definitely check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints against the business. I will also check to see if the B&B is a member of any local or state B&B association. If not, that might be a clue that there could be a problem. Most B&B orgs have additional inspections and requirements that must be met in order to meet the requirements of their organization. It might also be a good idea to ask how old the pictures are on their website. I suspect that this inn may have been an OK place at one time, but it definitely needs some cleaning up and repair work done these days.

7  Thank Tulsa-Rambler