“This attraction is actually a restaurant, but the people are the attraction”

Cowgirl Hall of Fame
Ranked #5 of 18 Nightlife in Santa Fe
Palm Springs, California
175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 503 helpful votes
“This attraction is actually a restaurant, but the people are the attraction”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

As a restaurant, the experiences are dependent upon the waitstaff and who is cooking! but as a people watching attraction this can't be beat. Usually a lively mixture of local characters and awkward tourists.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank golem67

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Coming from a Texan, they are trying to hard”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I don't know if we caught our waitress on a bad day but it's like asking for a smile was too much for her. If the Bar B Que was good I would have given this place another chance but if that is their idea of Bar B Que, they need to come to Texas and reevaluate the food. I LOVE ribs but theirs were over cooked and just smothered in sauce to TRY and taste better. Not something I would recommend. Also we were a party of 4 and got charged gratuity because we asked to split our ticket, when I asked about that they said it's because it "complicated the service and the service would lack" my reply was "service did lack" and all the manager could say was "um ok", I think it took too much effort to ask what was wrong.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank kristy2121
Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Great little local bar”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Pool tables, live music, good food, great drinks, fun environment and a play area for kids...you cant go wrong at this place and the staff is awesome!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kaycee D
Santa Fe, New Mexico
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“Cowgirl Hall of Fame”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

For overall BBQ it's pretty good if you like a smoky type of BBQ. Also, they have good healthy side choices which is important to me. The service is inconsistent at times. I've never tasted the other choices except the BBQ choices which to me are good. They also have entertainment which is nice if you're interested on certain nights.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank susan s
Gulfport
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Oktober Fest at Cowgirl's; Another great reason to dine there!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just got back from New Mexico. One of the many highlights from the trip was to once again dine at Cowgirls. I had planned to have the brisket. The brisket is one of the items you don't want to miss on the menu and I was ready for another helping of that delectable dish. However, as a courtesy to the server I took the menu and was going to briefly scan over it, but, then, I saw it. A seasonal insert menu; it offered several German dishes including various bratwursts, sauerkraut, and other such items. I ordered, eat, and discovered just another reason to visit New Mexico and Cowgirl's in October. Because we had a 12 year old with us we had to have the ice cream "baked potato". Okay, we would have had it anyway.

Sometimes I am not sure whether this is a museum with a restaurant in it or a restaurant with a museum in it! Then, I realized it did not matter it is a great place with great food and great atmosphere.

Visited October 2013