Cowgirl Hall of Fame
Ranked #5 of 19 Nightlife in Santa Fe
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Pool tables, live music, good food, great drinks, fun environment and a play area for kids...you cant go wrong at this place and the staff is awesome!

1  Thank Kaycee D

Reviewed December 3, 2013

For overall BBQ it's pretty good if you like a smoky type of BBQ. Also, they have good healthy side choices which is important to me. The service is inconsistent at times. I've never tasted the other choices except the BBQ choices which to me are good. They also have entertainment which is nice if you're interested on certain nights.

1  Thank susan s
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just got back from New Mexico. One of the many highlights from the trip was to once again dine at Cowgirls. I had planned to have the brisket. The brisket is one of the items you don't want to miss on the menu and I was ready for another helping of that delectable dish. However, as a courtesy to the server I took the menu and was going to briefly scan over it, but, then, I saw it. A seasonal insert menu; it offered several German dishes including various bratwursts, sauerkraut, and other such items. I ordered, eat, and discovered just another reason to visit New Mexico and Cowgirl's in October. Because we had a 12 year old with us we had to have the ice cream "baked potato". Okay, we would have had it anyway.

Sometimes I am not sure whether this is a museum with a restaurant in it or a restaurant with a museum in it! Then, I realized it did not matter it is a great place with great food and great atmosphere.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I wouldn't say that this place is good for service, considering that the only time we were there, we were waited on by at least five different people and all were inconsistent. The food is good to an extent. Stay away from anything that has a combination of meat like the venison bison and buffalo burger.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

No visit to Santa Fe would be complete without a stop at the Cowgirl.

Situated next to what feels like a seedy part of town, the Cowgirl was packed for our Saturday afternoon visit. It was a beautiful warm day so everyone was outside, we got seated at the communal table next to where the local band were setting up.

The burgers here were the best we discovered over 4 weeks and 12 states. From 'The Natural' Cowgirl burger to the Mother of all Green Chili burger, they mean business.They come served with a side of rustic fries, coleslaw and pickle. We washed it down with some local beer whilst making friends on the long table and listening to the band.

Inside, the cafe/bar is filled with cowgirl memorabilia and access to a family area with playground equipment.

Although we can only rate the burgers, if all of the food is that quality you can't go wrong, it's great food at very reasonable prices. Plus the mid-afternoon atmosphere was great, the band was upbeat and fun and the service was quick!

We could've stayed here long into the evening.